Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thought that was already tested... anyways I've always found it rather helpful to get a 3rd character if possibly to do your pulling and possibly any buffing. Even if you don't in order to minimize weird stuff I'll often try something bigger to get close to that pull emnity first. This is nice because you know both test characters are starting off with the same hate and you can do something like stun/flash to get over the pullers hate. With it balanced like that you can test easy. Also pulling is effected by -emnity gear so that can help with lower stuff if you want.

Also thanks for the headsup on the emnity changes.... still haven't caught up with the last ones lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Has anyone tested the ilvl enmity changes?

Was going to make a new thread about it, but figured I'd raise the question here first. I ask mainly because I've been healing Skirmish v3 here and there on Sch, and I've been pulling hate pretty badly on some NMs with cures. I'm not sure if this is specific to Sch, since it's preferred means of healing is with a non-ilvl weapon (Aurorastorm, Obi, Twilight Cape, Chatoyant Staff).

The patch notes only mentioned that if you had -enmity, you'd lose more from taking damage, and +enmity you'd lose less when taking damage, but no mention if this was tied/scaled to your ilvl. Regardless of that, what dictates how your ilvl effects your enmity gain/loss? Job?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thing is, there weren't any Ilvl enmity changes.

A quote of the relevant section of the update notes.
    Enmity generated from dealing damage has been adjusted.
    Enmity generated from dealing damage to enemies of level 100 or greater no longer accumulates as quickly.

The "Enmity+X" and "Enmity-X" statistics found on equipment have undergone the following adjustments.
    Those receiving damage from a foe while wearing "Enmity-X" equipment will experience greater enmity reductions, while those wearing "Enmity+X" equipment will experience lesser enmity reductions.
    So the changes are only for dmg dealt enmity and purely based on mob level, and not player ilvl.

If you're having more enmity problems than before, it should be because the DDs are generating less enmity than before.

As for testing, I've done a couple tests on dmg dealt. But I need to go get more samples and on higher level mobs. Which is a bitch cause taking any dmg at all screws everything.

Weird thing though. I did a test just before the update on a lvl 100 mob. So, to see what they did in the update, I went and tested again.. but there was no difference in CE... Either they did something to VE, or, there's just so little difference at lvl 100 it wasn't visible in my samples. Maybe they made the enmity mod decline faster starting at lvl 100?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah okay. I coulda swore I saw a line in the update notes saying "Enmity values are now adjusted based on your ilvl." or some such nonsense. Prolly just thought I saw it from their earlier comments about adjusting enmity values at a high ilvl range.

The pulling was prolly just due to the numerous stun/terror/damage blocking effects then, and I didn't notice the lack of damage being done. Thanks much Martel, I'm sure you'll find some crazy ass way of figuring out what they've changed with it all.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What needs to be tested thread

on a general note the enmity difference is quiet noticeable when melees take chunks of big damage and you aoe heal as sch. you will pull more hate now because melees produce less enmity and loose more if they get hit by AoE moves when not haveing any enmity gear on or - enmity. Solved the issue by incorporateing my tupsimati instead of chatoyant while healing with aurorastorm up. rarely pulled hate since in skirmish3, only thing i loose is the weather bonus for 1000+ cure 4 and get now 900 + but draw not much enmity towards myself

could see enmity become an issue in delve 2 when stuns are useless and melees have to eat big chunks of damage, not to mention the hate reste moves yumcax and bird sport (correct me if i am wrong)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It should be noted that while they changed things to let us affect CE loss with gear, they didn't say that the base CE loss rates were changed. So unless your melee are wearing emnity- gear, they should be losing the same CE as before. And less if they have any enmity+ on. Barring glitches/ninja changes. EDIT:A little rereading and I notice you pretty much said this. Pardon.

I don't believe Yumcax or Hurkan have any hate reset moves. I've tanked both with stable hate for extended periods. In yumcax's case, extremely extended. <,<

But Yumcax did tend to freaking kill you. Usually with doom. Tends to cause hate issues. Looking forward to Yumcax delve, honestly. Time to put that perfect cursna set to work! XD

Also, very clever to use Tupsimati as a cure enmity- tool.

What kinda enmity- did you have on cures before changing to Tupsimati? I did several skirmish III runs shortly after the update, and curaga spammed like nothing else on my WHM alt. I pretty much only pulled hate if I curaga 3+'d seconds after pull. Well, or after the DD's ate ballistic kick. lol. Iirc, the only enmity- advantage WHM has over SCH is cureV. But I was largely curaga spamming. Which should be equivalent enmity per HP cured to aoe'd cure IV.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    It should be noted that while they changed things to let us affect CE loss with gear, they didn't say that the base CE loss rates were changed. So unless your melee are wearing emnity- gear, they should be losing the same CE as before. And less if they have any enmity+ on. Barring glitches/ninja changes. EDIT:A little rereading and I notice you pretty much said this. Pardon.

I don't believe Yumcax or Hurkan have any hate reset moves. I've tanked both with stable hate for extended periods. In yumcax's case, extremely extended. <,<

But Yumcax did tend to freaking kill you. Usually with doom. Tends to cause hate issues. Looking forward to Yumcax delve, honestly. Time to put that perfect cursna set to work! XD

Also, very clever to use Tupsimati as a cure enmity- tool.

What kinda enmity- did you have on cures before changing to Tupsimati? I did several skirmish III runs shortly after the update, and curaga spammed like nothing else on my WHM alt. I pretty much only pulled hate if I curaga 3+'d seconds after pull. Well, or after the DD's ate ballistic kick. lol. Iirc, the only enmity- advantage WHM has over SCH is cureV. But I was largely curaga spamming. Which should be equivalent enmity per HP cured to aoe'd cure IV.
    Didnt have much -enmity beforehand like maybe -24~. my cureset was more focused towards fastercasting/recasts, with tupsimati its "-44 enmity". I could get in more, but I would loose Twilight cape/Korin obi bonuses and cure cast/recast times. could also reach the same amount of -enmity if I would just use tamaxchi, but I have no inventory to carry more gear around. I run around with 78/80 gear. There is everythign fit in from enhancing, to fast cast, to cureing, to debuff, to nukeing (not every obi tough). I have made my gearset pritty compact and have tossed stings that only give little benefit out of the window to fit everything in.

I have to note tough my experience on skirmish 3 is based around PUGs, so I cant vouch for the quality of the melees, but they were takeing quiet alot of damage (do not know if they swaped damage taken/hybrid gears etc), and quiet alot AoE of it, makeing me sometimes spam Accessions Cure IV 2-3 2-3 times in successions (rarely).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm. Well, my DD were certainly high end.

I was curing in -46 enmity. But since I wasn't having any enmity issues, I just redid my cure sets for more healing skill. Freed up a fair bit of inv too. Hope that doesn't come back and bite me in the ass. <,<;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well in a way this is kinda what the game is supposed to be like. A few DDs shouldn't be able to eat dmg like tomorrow bleeding hate out without regard to their own enmity and expect a healer to be able to spam curagas all over them without a good -enmity set and not take hate

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

not saying i am against it dasva. would actually enforce even more enmity lost, just not to the point of melees not being able to tank.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can see it now.... The future of FFXI, a PLD in every event! lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or just less than subpar DDs. Maybe some +enmity gear. Maybe healers with -emnity. brds meritting dirge/sirvent! /nin for everyone!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I can see it now.... The future of FFXI, a PLD in every event! lol
    i really dont want that, 14 showed me that waiting on tanks ( most shitty) forever is not good game design, especially when you dont have a duty finder like in 11.
    needing more effort yes, obsoleting melee tanking no thx

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anything on how DRK's Consume Mana works yet?

Because I'm not even convinced it does anything...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So I was making a few line graphs, originally just to post as a visual aide to the WS pages on BG wiki, which wasn't necessary but I thought it would be nice.

I started correcting for other variables in the graph to make it more comprehensive, and stumbled across an interesting question.

Resolution has a pretty linear ƒTP multiplier, however TP Bonus in gear inflates the importance of weaponskilling early as far as I can tell. Conventional wisdom elsewhere seems to indicate that holding on to TP up until 2250 TP with Aeonic/Moonshade isn't too big of a deal, but when I graphed it out, a different trend emerged. It actually seems that, no matter how you slice it, for Resolution, having the TP Bonuses make it incredibly important to WS early, as it gives you a larger proportional bonus early on than it does at higher values (about 75% at 1000, but only 50% at 1500 and above, continuing to be less and less worth it the longer you wait)

Currently I only have a spreadsheet for Resolution, but there will be more to come.

Thoughts?

I have a spreadsheet for this, but since this is my first time posting here, I will not be able to actually link it for a little while

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That is true, but your graph is missing the factor that the faster you WS, the more often you are hit with the 2 second WS delay, which lowers your TP gain speed if your Haste, STP, and Multi Attack Rate is high enough. In addition, it removes the white damage you would have done that round.

The optimal TP value at which to use a WS is determined by the competing effects of fTP/TP efficiency (which generally favors WSing at 1000 TP, especially with TP Bonus) vs WS delay (which generally favors WSing as late as possible without wasting TP).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Yeah, this was actually going to be the next set of graphs I was going to work on, as even now there is a lot of confusion on hit builds, and how worth it they are or are not. I intend to prove that Store TP always grants an effect on varies with TP WS but at a diminishing rate (hence the first spreadsheet).

Afterward I was going to make a spreadsheet for actual gear options for certain jobs, and show how much TP per second they give (if you were to assume that out of 100 swings your DA/TA/QA would proc exactly the % you have). TP/second was going to be the next question after Damage per TP was out of the way.

I also only approached it in that order, because while the elite players seem to know these kinds of things, I think to a large number of players, the way TP bonus feeds into Store TP / Multi-strike in low TP situations may be surprising. And to have it in graph form may also be helpful. Another thing I've wondered for a while is, do you know how much testing there has been on the 2 second window? Because it often seems to not make me wait quite that long.

I digress, thanks for the input.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

A lot of testing. Look up Forced Delay on the wiki and it should link back to Motenten or pchan's tests.

For WSs with good TP scaling (dependent on amount of TP Bonus, white DPS, and monster HP), it is frequently best (or at least not penalized) to hold TP. It is honestly such a hard problem that you are unlikely to be able to make generic graphs for it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Can't find any data on this -- was the the enspell damage for Rune Enchantments ever mathed out? I eyeballed a bunch and it seems it's directly related to weapon damage and possibly delay. Super low weapon damage (sub 11~) always emit zeroes.

I'm currently in progress trying to implement Rune Fencer for what used to be known as DSP for everyone. I would be willing to collect a bunch of data, the last time I tried to reverse this every formula I came up with looked right, but then I changed one small variable and it was wrong. I either am missing something or am not mathy enough to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9