An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'll need people for Elemental Celerity tests. Casting under 20% (13-16% using AM), so I assume we gained a tier from LV90-99. Could be a constant upgrade though; like LV/X+Y or w/e. Send tell if able to do a test and are on Odin.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a mage or cor test I could help with that is currently unknown? No SMN or BLU.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

short question: what would be the best way to determin the evasion down bonus on Bravuras add effect? Or is the -30 evasion from the old wiki page confirmed?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Just use the /check method imo. Find the minimum accuracy needed to hit a different /check tier and then try using Bravura and see how much accuracy you need to remove/add to hit that same tier.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got a message that a JP book (2010 Official World Guide) alleges that sushi caps at 72 (sole/squid) to 76 (bream) accuracy. That would mean a cap at 480 base accuracy. If anyone has a chance to confirm this, please do. I'm not sure when I'd be able to get to it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Dude I will chip in like $15 towards someone buying the book and translating it.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Got a message that a JP book (2010 Official World Guide) alleges that sushi caps at 72 (sole/squid) to 76 (bream) accuracy. That would mean a cap at 480 base accuracy. If anyone has a chance to confirm this, please do. I'm not sure when I'd be able to get to it.
    Hm, I thought we had info on this already. If I remember right, they capped accuracy foods in the 80 cap update. I'll see about testing this at some point.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Dude I will paypal someone $15, and if anyone wants to chip in, let's get this shit translated. It's the 2012 version.

http://www.akadot.com/final-fantasy-...1-p-39370.html

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Brew seems to grant an enmity bonus upon use.

Diabolos takes ~30% of the mob's HP (My only action till now was banish 1)
    Mob attacks until Diabolos takes him to ~30% HP

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Probably auto-caps CE and VE if it took that much. 70% of an Abyssea monster's HP is more than enough to cap CE and it would build a decent amount of VE even accounting for decay. Do you have logs of the damage?

EDIT: got wires crossed, CE wouldn't be capped

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Spoiler: show

Midway testing status debuffs, so I cannot add more.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's around 7k VE and 4k CE assuming lowest mob level, so 11k TE. Your own VE with capped starting TE would have been around 5k at that time, for ~15k TE. Given that Diabolos still hasn't taken hate by that point, autocap TE does seem plausible. If the remaining damage is purely autoattack, I'd estimate about another 25-30 seconds (5-6 attacks) before hate switched.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Entire log of another session before he attacks Diabolos:
    Code:
    [16:59:57]Yugl casts Banish.
    [16:59:57]The Camelopardalis takes 112 points of damage.
    [17:00:00]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 167 points of damage.
    [17:00:04]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 148 points of damage.
    [17:00:08]Yugl uses a flask of primeval brew.
    [17:00:09]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 139 points of damage.
    [17:00:13]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 3 points of damage.
    [17:00:13]Yugl starts casting Repose on the Camelopardalis.
    [17:00:20](12*) You must close the currently open window to use that command.
    [17:00:20]Yugl starts casting Diabolos on Yugl.
    [17:00:21]Yugl casts Repose.
    [17:00:21]The Camelopardalis is asleep.
    [17:00:33](24*) You must close the currently open window to use that command.
    [17:00:33]The Camelopardalis is no longer asleep.
    [17:00:33]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 104 points of damage.
    [17:00:35]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 1 point of damage.
    [17:00:38]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 118 points of damage.
    [17:00:43](2*) The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:00:43]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 128 points of damage.
    [17:00:43]Diabolos readies Night Terror.
    [17:00:43]The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:00:47](12*) You must close the currently open window to use that command.
    [17:00:47]The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:00:49]Diabolos uses Night Terror.
    [17:00:49]The Camelopardalis takes 1723 points of damage.
    [17:00:52]The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:00:53]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 140 points of damage.
    [17:00:55]The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:00:57]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 111 points of damage.
    [17:01:00]The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:01:02]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 108 points of damage.
    [17:01:04]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 3 points of damage.
    [17:01:07]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 140 points of damage.
    [17:01:12](2*) The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:01:12]The Camelopardalis hits Yugl for 1 point of damage.
    [17:01:12]Diabolos misses the Camelopardalis.
    [17:01:16](2*) The Camelopardalis misses Yugl.
    [17:01:16]Diabolos hits the Camelopardalis for 130 points of damage.
    [17:01:20]The Camelopardalis misses Diabolos.
    Edit: The images show an error because I had recasted Diabolos during that fight, so this log is more precise.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That log suggests about 14k TE (~14.9k TE generated by Diabolos, maybe slightly less if the monster is leveled up at all) after accounting for Diabolos summon and Repose. Probably 7k to both CE and VE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The update was pretty explicit about what it changed from the damage formulas. I've preliminarily confirmed the Ratio changes, but still would like to know whether they halved melee level correction or just offset it by one level.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Can anyone get a Weapon Bash/1k Needle sample against a Matamata at the beginning of battle? If we use Dasva's findings, we can probably determine the rate of PDT% improvement.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to see if the -20 enmity on tupsimati ilvl 119 bypasses the -enmity cap. How would I go best about testing that?

I thought of gearing up -50 enmity on my main + a illvl 119 weapon that has no -enmity on it.

pull a rabbit with my mule (with SS and phalanx up).

cast dispels or cure on my main until the rabbit turns.

redo the same but this time with -50 enmity in gear, tuspimati (-20 enmity) and the corresponding storm up.

count how many dispels/cures were needed on each attempt to gain hat, if the same = no bypassing the -enmity cap, if with tupsimati needs more = bypassing the enmity cap.

Would this be conclusiv?

The problem is I have not 2 119 ilvl weapons for my sch, tupsimati 119 and atinian is closest with 117, and I have no idea how ilvl affects enmity (i know that lvl gaps influence enmity). Would that still work or skew the results due to the 2 lvl differences in the weapons.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ilvl doesn't affect enmity... yet. You've got till the update to test this before we have to retest EVERYTHING with ilvl considerations. <,<;;

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39702

"February Enmity adjustments New Adjusting the formulas on the enmity in the high item level"

Also, it's not that level gaps affect enmity, it's that the modifier for dmg enmity decreases as mob level increases. the player level doesn't actually enter into it. Now, player level affects cure enmity, but that's not related to the mobs level.

So non damaging actions will net you the same enmity regardless of mob level.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

test specifics...

Pulling will net your mule 200CE+the CE of the pulling action. Make sure its a 1 ce action.

EDIT:Actually... I never retested if the CE from pulling has changed from all the enmity updates, so I pretty much just undermined my whole post. Could try anyway, and if you get hate earlier than expected then they may have nerfed pull CE.

so, you need to catch up to 201 CE. And do it while wearing -50 enmity. ugh. I would assume you don;t wanna cast cure1 201 times, so we need better enmity actions. Unfortunately, the selection of enmity actions has been nerfed time and time again so there's not a lot to choose from.

carols, are the best option atm, I think. 20 CE per target now, iirc. Have /brd?

if we hit 2 targets we can get 40 CE per cast. But after the -50 enmity we're back to 20 CE. so at 20 CE per we need 10 casts to hit 200 CE. then a 1 CE action to hit 201. once you match CE with your mule, then mob should stay on you, since you were the last to act.

If this happens, then Tupsimati enmity- is NOT breaking the cap.

After each cast the mob will likely turn to you for a few seconds from the VE. give that a few seconds to drain off before assuming you have enough CE.

Mule pulls with a 1 CE action.
    SCH/BRD casts Carol 10 times. Make sure to hit both of you with it.
    SCH uses a 1 CE action. a stratagem, or a 0 hp cure should work(but I've had some oddities in recent test using cures.. I suspect tranquil heart... might just use a stratagem)

If you don't get hate at this point, then Tupsimati is doing something enmity-wise. but whether it's cap breaking, or going into a different term remains to be seen.

If it's additive and breaking cap, then we have -70 enmity. it should take 17 total carols on 2 targets to hit 204 CE, at which point you'd keep hate.

If it's a separate term, then it should take 13 total casts to reach 208 CE and keep hate.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    ilvl doesn't affect enmity... yet. You've got till the update to test this before we have to retest EVERYTHING with ilvl considerations. <,<;;

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39702

"February Enmity adjustments New Adjusting the formulas on the enmity in the high item level"

Also, it's not that level gaps affect enmity, it's that the modifier for dmg enmity decreases as mob level increases. the player level doesn't actually enter into it. Now, player level affects cure enmity, but that's not related to the mobs level.

So non damaging actions will net you the same enmity regardless of mob level.
    I cant get any conclusion because I am kind of forced to use flash. I tried with dispel but I needed 50 dispels+ (without tupsimati) and the wild rabbit still didnt turn over to me from my mule, i basicly ran out of MP.

Needed 3 flashes to have the enemy stick to me (after volatile enmity was gone), with and without tupsimati (and aurorastorm). I dont know if this is conclusive enough, I need a elemental based spell, that has a decent amount of cumulativ enmity but not a ton like flash and doenst deal any dmg. i know blu spells have higher enmity in general, but I dont know if those spells fall in the category of tupsimate: same element as day/weather blabla

basicly i am useing flash which should have 90 CE with -50 enmity. so 3x 270 CE and the rabbit sticks to me. however if tupsimatis -enmity would bypass the cap then flash should be 54 CE, 3x = 162 CE total.

So logicly it does NOT bypass the cap. because 2 flashes with -50 enmity are 180 CE and the rabbit didnt stick yet to me and with the assumption that tuspimati would bypass the cap, the rabbit shouldnt have sticked to me after 3 flashes for 162 CE, but it did, which leads to believe that tupsimatis -20 enmity doesn bypass the enmity cap.

@Martel I try your /brd method just to be sure, but just from the flash test it seems that its not bypassing the enmity cap for a straight -70 enmity reduction. however I am not sure if same element as magic weather also applies to songs, will give it a try. thx for the help <3

EDIT: ok now I am confused

Mule pull with slow

-50 enmity + atinian staff:

10 water carols -----> hate on me

2. test

Mule pull with slow

-50 enmity + tupsimati + thunder storm.

13 water carols ----> hate on me.

someone make sense out of this

seems like its a seperate term like you predicted martel. what does this mean?

btw there was no 1 CE action needed to get hate after 10 carols without tupsimati

its not strate additive so its not -70 enmity.
    assuming it applies after the -50 enmity
    20 CE per cast (hitting both) so -20 enmity from that is 16 CE, as opposed to 12CE if the -20 enmity would be additiv (-70 enmity 40 CE x 0.3) in that case 13 x 16 = 208 CE which was exactly when the mob turned to me

Conclusion: Tupsimatis -20 Enmity applies seperatly AFTER the -50 Enmity are substracted from enmity

this means the closer you are on the enmity cap via gear, the lesser the -20 enmity form tupsimati has an impact

this also means tough that if you wear + enmity gear/abilitys, that tupsimati has a GREATER impact.

this also doesnt contratict the previous Flash test:

Flash CE 180:

Atininan, -50 enmity:
    (180) x (1-0.50) x3 (times of casting)= 270 CE

Tupsimate, -50 enmity, aurorastorm:
    (180)x (1-0.50) x (1-0.2 Tupsimati) x3 (times of casting) = 216 CE

which explains why the mob turned in both cases after 3 flashes to me.