+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Facts Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I'm confused at what you mean by having the Group1 merits of a BLM? I know SMNs can add MAB through Group 1 merits, is that you're saying?

I think Shiva lets you do ice spikes only?

Avatar damage is so weird, it'd be hard to see cRatio dropping. I think I'll muse about the problem for a bit, maybe I can figure out some way to test it for sure. I'm probably wrong, and all avatars match their summoner's level.
    Level 5 petrify should be an easy way to test that they match the SMNs level, actually. Go poke an Ahriman. I know wyverns match the DRGs level from that.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Level 5 petrify should be an easy way to test that they match the SMNs level, actually. Go poke an Ahriman. I know wyverns match the DRGs level from that.
    That only works in multiples of 5 though, I was hoping for something more precise. Oh wells.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That only works in multiples of 5 though, I was hoping for something more precise. Oh wells.
    True but I don't really think SE would do something weird like make it follow your lvl on multiplies of 5 then do super crazy stuff inbetween then back to 5. I guess they could but I honestly don't see them putting that much effort into it

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do all the avatars have the same MAB traits at the same levels?
    Like are some of their jobs BLM, some RDM or /BLM?
    I know for sure that Light Spirit doesn't have any MAB at any level.

It seems weird that avatar MAB and other stats aren't listed on wiki's.
    Is INT and MND, etc. different for each avatar and do they change depending on any of the summoner's stats or skill at all?

I just spent a while playing around on smn90 with Light Spirit.
    I had 83 base MND before gear, and the Light Spirit always seemed to have 84 MND whatever I was wearing.
    Banish IV: V=290, M=2.0

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

All the terrestrial avatars have the same stats and job traits, I think. They're all BLMs. Fenrir (DRK) and Carbuncle (WHM) are weird, and stat growth for all Avatars is weird. The only easily measurable stat is avatar STR.

I have no idea what Diabolos is.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    True but I don't really think SE would do something weird like make it follow your lvl on multiplies of 5 then do super crazy stuff inbetween then back to 5. I guess they could but I honestly don't see them putting that much effort into it
    Yea I know you're right. It's just that I have this whole test server at my fingertips. It would be realli cool to figure out some unique avatar stuff being able to change merits, lvl, and all that cool smn gear at a whim. But *shrug, it's probably like you say and there's nothing special or weird going on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yea I know you're right. It's just that I have this whole test server at my fingertips. It would be realli cool to figure out some unique avatar stuff being able to change merits, lvl, and all that cool smn gear at a whim. But *shrug, it's probably like you say and there's nothing special or weird going on.
    Lol I'm sure you do and sure you could. But I think you know better than most how annoying it would be to do so. For each and every lvl. But it would be nice to see some lvl 90 or I guess 95 now stats and such. I remember seeing someone worked most of it out for 75 way back when... test server would be the perfect place for it...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Found some True Shot tiers.

Also, I think what we know about Dead Aim is wrong. Testing it now.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Found some True Shot tiers.

Also, I think what we know about Dead Aim is wrong. Testing it now.
    Don't fall into same trap I did. True Shot doesn't apply to ranged hits. The math worked out perfectly when I tested it, so I'd be surprised if worked different than straight crit damage +40%

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My issue with Dead Aim is that I was doing the testing at a level other than 90. Turns out it's a trait that levels up. I need to finalize the last two values, but it's late so it won't be tonight.

Also, what do you mean by True Shot not applying to ranged hits? It applies to both normal and crit ranged attacks in my experience just now, does it not apply to weaponskills maybe? It's hard for me to tell when I'm at the right range without windower because I'm not a ranger, but I definitely see two normal damages (one with, one without pummeling) and two crit damages.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm curious too since other times long time ago I did testing there definitely were dmg differences on both crit and non crit if I was at right dmg or not. Pretty sure it was ws too. Though not magical ws. Granted this was before dead aim

Guess I could look into it again rq

Edit: yeah definitely getting small dmg differences for being in range and slightly out of range. Both crit non crit and on critted heavy shots.

Though there is one thing I'm finding that's odd. Getting a decently lower dmg when far out of range even on lvl 0 mobs as a 90 rng. Don't ever remember seeing this before. Is this just the attack penalty? I would think I'd still be capping even with that on trash like this. For that matter it only seems to kick in when I'm too far away and not too close. Even though according to wiki the penalty is larger for too close... So what exactly is going on lol?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Things that are "finished": Dead Aim, True Shot, Accuracy Bonus, Skillchain Bonus, Occult Acumen, Stalwart Soul, Critical Attack Bonus, Tactical Parry, parts of Divine Benison, Tactical Guard, Magic Burst Bonus, Stout Servant, All the Killer traits, and part of Fencer are done.

Things that need a lot of work: Critical Defense Bonus, the rest of Divine Benison, Shield Defense Bonus, Tranquil Heart, Elemental Celerity, the rest of Fencer, Evasion Bonus, Rapid Shot, Zanshin, Subtle Blow

Things that need a little work: Kick Attacks, Conserve TP, All the Resist traits, Ninja Tool Expertise, Shield Mastery, Wide Scan

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Regarding part of the shield mastery wiki there..

"Damage due to an Additional Effect may interrupt the casting of magic or ninjitsu even if the physical attack is blocked."

Is there some basis for that? Or a test that I missed somewhere? I did see the verification tag but generally, speaking, magic damage can't interrupt casting, and nearly all dmg dealing add. effects are magical.

In fact the only exception I can think of is Excalibur. But I've never had the opportunity to have someone beat on me with an excal while I try to cast. I'm actually kinda curious about that now.

In any case I don't believe I've ever been interrupted by a DMG dealing add effect when I blocked the melee hit. En-status? sure. En-stun, petrify, terror, etc. But en-dmg from like say, sky gods? Never.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Regarding part of the shield mastery wiki there..

"Damage due to an Additional Effect may interrupt the casting of magic or ninjitsu even if the physical attack is blocked."

Is there some basis for that? Or a test that I missed somewhere? I did see the verification tag but generally, speaking, magic damage can't interrupt casting, and nearly all dmg dealing add. effects are magical.

In fact the only exception I can think of is Excalibur. But I've never had the opportunity to have someone beat on me with an excal while I try to cast. I'm actually kinda curious about that now.

In any case I don't believe I've ever been interrupted by a DMG dealing add effect when I blocked the melee hit. En-status? sure. En-stun, petrify, terror, etc. But en-dmg from like say, sky gods? Never.
    Yeah, that's why I verification tagged it and asked if anyone knew what the hell it was talking about here.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ahh, I hadn't seen that thread. I didn't know there was a BGwiki subforum. <,<; Gonna look through it now. Should I post any relevant info I might have in that thread?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah! That'd rock! I adjusted Shield Mastery since neither of us can figure out what it means. I assume it was referring to En-Stun, but it's very unclear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Mmmk. I don't have all that much info atm, but I'll post anything I do know about.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Radec has a 25% value for Elemental celerity, but the method of testing allowed for a 23-28% range.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

At what level? I have a very strong suspicion it's a trait that levels up.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    At what level? I have a very strong suspicion it's a trait that levels up.
    90, it almost certainly levels up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast