1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

[patch1.16a] 1.16a Patch Notes (Testing In Progress)

[patch1.16a] 1.16a Patch Notes + All Worlds Maintenance

* Following content is planned to be implemented upon the release of patch 1.16a.
    * An adjustment could be made on this content depending on the testing result.

Event Updates

* [dev1004] Accepted quests can now be abandoned.
    Quests can now be abandoned via the question description screen in the journal.

* If you abandon a quest while in an instanced area, you will automatically be transported out of the area.
    * You cannot abandon a quest while participating in an event battle.

* [dev1036] You will now be able to gain experience points, skill points, and receive loot when you defeat enemies as part of a sidequest.
    Because of these changes, respawn rates of sidequest enemies have been lengthened.

Item Updates

* [dev1016] Synthesis: Up to 8 items per class can now be stored under synthesis recipe history.

System Updates

* [dev1035] Two different targeting modes are now available.

o Targeting Mode A (Targeting mode before the patch 1.16)
    Target/Menu Navigation Keys and Corresponding Actions

+ Up/Down
    Target party members in order
    + Left/Right
    Cycle through all selectable targets

* Selecting Targeting Mode A set the Targeting Mode to "ALL."

o Targeting Mode B (Targeting mode after the patch 1.16)

Target/Menu Navigation Keys and Corresponding Actions

+ Up/Down
    Cycle through targeting modes
    + Left/Right
    Cycle through valid targets, according to the targeting mode currently selected, in order

* Selecting Targeting Mode B will disable Targeting Mode "ALL."

* You can also switch targeting modes using the text command "/targetmode (/tmode)"
    /targetmode(/tmode) SubCommand
    >>SubCommand
     a  Switch target mode to A
     b  Switch target mode to B
     None Toggle A and B
     * Targeting Mode A is selected by default

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 28 )

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV corresponding to the upcoming release of patch 1.16a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after release of the patch.

* Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion.

* Comprehensive patch notes will be posted separately on the FINAL FANTASY XIV FORUM on the day of the patch release.

[Date & Time]
    Mar. 28, 2011 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (PDT)
    Mar. 28, 2011 from 21:00 to 23:00 (GMT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XIV

New Odin
    BG Level

Seems to be similar to 1.15b.

If we assume that this was meant to be implemented last week (mid-month) they are probably a week and a half late from the schedule.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Where did you find this news? Nothing is up on the lodestone homepage.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ It's on the forums, check the updates section.

Well, the battle/system changes/dungeons coming in the next 2 months better be worth it, because we've been practically getting only 1 relatively underwhelming version update every month, and even though I understand that there's only so much they can do given the restructuring mess, it feels like other new MMOs will already be way ahead by the time the game steps up to a 6.5/10.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah it's not implemented yet, they are testing it. I dunno whether I should keep posting these or just make a thread when they update the game...

Well, the battle/system changes/dungeons coming in the next 2 months better be worth it
    I think they'll get everything from the letters of the producer I & III out by the start of May. Then another few underwhelming patches and probably yet another larger patch by the end of Summer. Just a hunch anyway.

Edited in the date of the Maintenance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well they're releasing stuff as it's ready to go. Obviously the stuff we've had so far doesn't require much development while adding actual content and changing the battle/class system requires more time.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I just hope we can use arrow keys for camera to. Since this JKL crap is getting on my nerves.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I doubt we will see the camera changes anytime soon. It must be Tanaka's dying wish to force us to have 3 hands. Just get a bluetooth dongle and a dual shock 3 and call it a day.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One month, just for this...
    This is quite disappointing to say the least...

Quests improvement were due, crafting recipes are cool, but the choice between the 2 lame targetting systems is just meh...

I don't get why they don't just implement the <stpt>, <stnpc>, etc.. that worked quite well in FFXI...

Vuitton

Well, Yoshi-P did say in his post-disaster letter that this patch was going to be miniscule due to the 9.0 earthquake, tsunami, and the three nuclear disasters.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I'm sorry, let's not fix the shitty camera system. We'll just let you choose the lesser of two evils (pre and post-patch)... unbelievable.

Quest/Synth changes are gravy and saw it coming.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Well, Yoshi-P did say in his post-disaster letter that this patch was going to be miniscule due to the 9.0 earthquake, tsunami, and the three nuclear disasters.
    I don't think the mid-month patch is supposed to be anything more than miniscule. Now it's just a late-month patch because of you-know-what.

Maybe people will understand what they're doing here one day. Monthly larger patches, with monthly small patches in-between the large ones, and probably a more substantial patch every few months (in this case, probably May & they'll implement whatever there is left to implement from Letters I & III at that point).

Although this seems to be larger than 1.15b, which is nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

honestly i'm not expecting a whole lot given the disaster. i'll wait on the next one before giving approval or disapproval.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

* [dev1036] You will now be able to gain experience points, skill points, and receive loot when you defeat enemies as part of a sidequest.
    Because of these changes, respawn rates of sidequest enemies have been lengthened.
    Hell yea, glad I didn't do any of the quests they added last patch yet. Sucks though that respawn rate on those mobs in particular though has been lengthened. That seems kinda...counter productive for multiple people trying to do them. Unless I'm reading that wrong and they don't spawn like leve mobs that are visible to those doing the leve only.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Pretty sure those mobs always show up for everyone regardless of quest status. Would be ridiculous if they left the spawn rates as they were after adding exp/skillups to them.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I don't think it would be, you can only do the quest once anyway right? Always something to try and limit exp gained from the get go. I don't see how this would hurt if they left respawn the same, unless they plan to have the quests give massive xp...in which case I'd understand and be perfectly fine with.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

People are going to be farming the ahriman, humanoids, roselings, etc. They should've made it sp but no items. MAYBE they thought this through and gimped their loot tables but it's S-E so you know they didn't think it through. Oh well I'm done with them already so it won't bother me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    I don't think it would be, you can only do the quest once anyway right? Always something to try and limit exp gained from the get go. I don't see how this would hurt if they left respawn the same, unless they plan to have the quests give massive xp...in which case I'd understand and be perfectly fine with.
    I think you misread the announcement. Quests are not going to give exp, quest enemies are.

Since the enemies aren't actually tied to quests, they would be grinded on for exp by most players, since they have near-instant respawns.

New Odin
    BG Level

Oh well I'm done with them already so it won't bother me.
    Clearly.

I'm kinda hoping even with this change they would do less quests but with better quality. But I guess that depends on what their plan with this thing is. I don't think we are going to do them to exp like in other mmo's so why should there be so many? hm..

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I think you misread the announcement. Quests are not going to give exp, quest enemies are.

Since the enemies aren't actually tied to quests, they would be grinded on for exp by most players, since they have near-instant respawns.
    Oh shit, oh yeah I did. Damn lol. Totally did misread that, my bad.