1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 921 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 871 911 919 920 921 922 923 931 971 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments from the Devs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    - Male Miqotes (and other races?) will have unique motions when entering baths
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    In comparison to other ear options, it was, and moreso for specific classes.
    Could shed more light on this statement?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Could shed more light on this statement?
    Going off of mooglebox's still-1.0 database of earrings...

The earrings used to grant acc/m.acc, which no other earring did except Militia Earrings. The Regen/Refresh+1 were icing on the cake. In the grand scheme of things, 1hp/mp per tick doesn't ever add up to much, but every little bit helps, right?

Earrings in 1.0 as a whole sucked.

DDs might wear the atk+5 earrings, but personally I'd value 3 acc over 5 atk.
    Tanking and want more accuracy? Well, the Militia Earrings had -20 enmity, so these were your only option.
    I don't remember if m.acc was very useful for anything by the end of 1.0.

That's the thing though. It was a M.Acc and Acc earring if you had Acc issues. And if you did, you should've eaten cod puffs/buttons in a blanket or whatever they were called. There were also HMP/AMP +5 earrings IIRC that were arguably better. The regen/ref+1 were useless back then and useless now.

Just my 2 cents.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I completely agree, but unless Slashing Resistance +3 is a full 3% reduction in Slashing Damage, then they weren't nearly this useless back in 1.0. I think most of us expected some level of usefulness; it doesn't need to be best-in-slot. Heck, I think retaining the old stats of acc/m.acc/regen/refresh would've been fine, and much better than what was given instead. It would've still been terribly useless, especially given that earrings aren't absolute shite this time around, but they wouldn't be as fail as they are now.

Heck, slashing resistance is only good for tanks. The old stats were at least equal-opportunity.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Not really surprised by that. It is a bit ridiculous that they'd release a very good earring, put it in the hardest fight in the game and then turn it into a vanity item afterwards. But I don't own it so I don't care.
    Look at the Imperial Operative hats. They nerfed them so bad you can't even use them on multiple classes anymore.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Inc Pandemonium Warden
    I'm hoping he meant "in game" !!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    That's the thing though. It was a M.Acc and Acc earring if you had Acc issues. And if you did, you should've eaten cod puffs/buttons in a blanket or whatever they were called. There were also HMP/AMP +5 earrings IIRC that were arguably better. The regen/ref+1 were useless back then and useless now.

Just my 2 cents.
    The earrings were still best for some classes back then. Whether they were only good because all the other options were shit or not is irrelevant. They could have left the stats the same as they were in 1.0, and then they could have added better earrings in AV/CC or primal battles. Something tells me a lot of butthurt would've been avoided had they taken this approach.

I have them but personally I don't care. I can definitely see why some people feel cheated though.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I never picked up my Dalamud Horn after getting the achievement. I had better be able to pick it up when Phase 4 hits.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm 99.93444882307511% certain they said unclaimed achievement rewards could still be collected, even if the achievement itself is no longer completable.

However, I don't have the ambition to dig up that statement myself.

edit: and Raldo comes through.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I never picked up my Dalamud Horn after getting the achievement. I had better be able to pick it up when Phase 4 hits.
    I actually remember where to find the official response for this!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ent#post803178
    For those of you who forget to receive your title from an NPC after completing an achievement in the current version, don’t worry, your hard work will carry over into A Realm Reborn and we will make it possible to obtain the title you rightfully deserve.
    It only says title, but hopefully items apply as well.

3MACC was better on BLM for a lot of stuff, especially due to Thunder combo.

3ACC was eh sometimes better for WAR just due to the hybrid nature of gearing it for a lot of content. Using a Bravura you didn't even get full bonus from eating accuracy food, so between DD gear, what enmity you mixed in, pipira, etc, 3ACC to bring your actual hit rate up 4-5% was a big deal just because of lolSkullSunder. I knew how much damage I needed to do each fight to hold hate, but missing a Skull Sunder was very often a bad day.

The refresh/regen were lulsy, but so was wearing Choral Body for BRD unless you were using BV

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

um not sure where to post this..

they've released a 2nd fan kit with nice phone wallpapers and twitter icons lol

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...8694d1f75bdfaa

i dunno if its because its on mobile but they've quite consciously stripped down the FFXIV logo. i wonder if its a subtle way of dropping A Realm Reborn for just FFXIV Online in the near future

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't Yoshi said that he would want to actually just call it Final Fantasy Online in the future?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Look at the Imperial Operative hats. They nerfed them so bad you can't even use them on multiple classes anymore.
    Dont know.. not swimming in Darklight but its pretty good for my Bard since its better then AF

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    um not sure where to post this..

they've released a 2nd fan kit with nice phone wallpapers and twitter icons lol

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...8694d1f75bdfaa

i dunno if its because its on mobile but they've quite consciously stripped down the FFXIV logo. i wonder if its a subtle way of dropping A Realm Reborn for just FFXIV Online in the near future
    Ahaha, that djigga. Is that new? I don't remember seeing that before.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks based SE for my new twitter icon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...e/10143_10.jpg thf!? nevermind. its a pgl with weird jamadhars...

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's a Pugilist using patas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Didn't Yoshi said that he would want to actually just call it Final Fantasy Online in the future?
    I remember in one interview Yoshi was asked on why was "A Realm Reborn" larger and more prominent that FFXIV. He said something like if it was up to him he would've removed FFXIV entirely from the covers because of the bad rep associated with it.