FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

BG Blog Seeking Writers and other Fancy Wordsmiths

Are you bursting with literary flavor? If the answer is “You're goddamn right I am”, read on:

BlueGartr is looking for individuals with the capacity and dedication to maintain a BG-Blog! We are looking to reintroduce the front page as the go-to place for information, and as such we'd like to open up the floor to you, our terribly clever and well-spoken user base, to participate by sharing your hard-typed opinions, observations, and humor.

We would like to feature four blogs, which would run in succession once a week, over the course of a month. “One blog entry a month? Pssh,” you say from the desk of your library, sipping cognac (we've done extensive demographic research), “I write Illiads in my sleep!” Good for you, Lord Fancypants. I was going to keep going with this thought except saying 'Lord Fancypants' kept making me laugh.

The four projected blogs would be divided by subject; these are not the be-all-end-all, of course, and if it's proven that people can maintain their schedule, we will happily consider adding in more content at a later date. As such, these would be the initial blogs available:

FFXI: Dead game, you say? Not anymore. The MMO that BG started with, FFXI has changed more in the last year or so than... well... something that changes a lot. A goldmine of material!

FFXIV: Dead game, you say? Wait for the next update. Please... please wait. Highly-anticipated, highly rage-inducing, but now featuring the development team that transformed XI.

WoW or other MMOs: I heard there are like, mounts? And you can jump. Jumping seems cool.

The Other One: There's a host of other games we spend our hours/minutes/days/months on out there. This blog could be used to introduce and review those, or to reflect more general observations of the gaming community. If there is a lot of response, guest writers may be featured here.

If the idea of writing a front page blog is making your pants get tight, good! If that pants-tightening lasts longer than four hours, that's probably not good, and you should contact BG-Medical, who'll tell you to talk to your doctor. All boners aside, we are looking, as mentioned, for dedicated writers. If you do not think you can maintain quality content, every month, please do not apply.

Blog entries should range from 400 to about 1000 words. As a guide, everything I've written up to that last sentence is about 400 words. While 1000 words is not a hard cap, always consider quality over quantity. Writing a lot of dookie isn't impressive! The BG staff are also not your copy editors. Please make every effort to ensure your submission is something that won't embarrass you.

As far as ownership goes, you will be free to post your bloggy thing wherever you want, on a personal blog or even another website. All we ask is that you understand somebody is probably going to copypastated it into that other forum site and said they wrote it. In light of that, please make sure everything you write is entirely your own original work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

Interested? Please submit a 500-ish word writing sample to Sonomaa via PM, who will post it in the admin reviewing portion of the site, where the admins will probably laugh at it. State which blog you'd like to write. Also make sure to include some of your ideas for what you'd like to write about with the blog. This last part is critical, because all the fancypants writing in the world isn't worth much if you've nothing interesting to write about! You are allowed to write for more than one or even all of the topics.

Flavorful textness by Isladar, Editing by Sonomaa, No U's by Ragns.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I'm definitely interested, however a quick question though. For FFXI related content and such are you going be looking for more of a perspective within the linkshell itself (as it relates to in-game events, goings on and what nots) or more general anaylsis of the game as a while?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

either is fine

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

"as a whole"

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm semi-interested, maybe on the WoW side. Can you keep us informed of the spots available/left? I'll see if I can prepare something, although I feel other WoW players on this board might be more suitable for writing about it =p

If I can't prepare something WoW-ish, I'll throw over my "intended FF14" blog but unfortunately I quit on the 2nd day lol (the plan was to play play play write write write, for a cousin of mine who quit MMOs who was playing FF11 and wanted my views on it).

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'd much rather people put forth their work without worrying about what other people are doing; the bigger pool we have the better the selection process.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yeah, what she said. send them in, remember, the better you do the better chance that we will have more than 1 writer for each

Are you guys interested in TERA material? I was thinking I could write something about it.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

that falls under the other MMO area, so yes

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Too much awesome in this. I used to love reading ffxi blogs. I'd read these every time.