+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Who the fuck thought the Avengers would suck? Everyone knew it would be a hit the second Joss Whedon was attached to the project.
    This is easy to say after Avengers was a success. I'm not saying Avengers was a bad movie, as it was far from it. There was a lot of risk to have such a big cast for a movie that could have easily flopped.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You need to go read the Avengers thread.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We all thought Avengers was going to sux, and we were proven wrong. There is hope for an assemble movie as Avengers as shown. Let's hope they pick the right actors for JLA.
    Vag you know I love you. You're my hackey bro. But wtf are you talking about. Pretty much everyone and their mother's cousin's sister's roommate had high expectations for the Avengers. I know the playoffs were going on but that's no reason to be living under a rock!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

LOL what? No one thought Avengers was going to suck. This isn't a after the movie statement. Pretty much everyone I know and everyone in the Avengers thread had HUGE expectations for it. The fact that it managed to meet those expectations is impressive in and of itself.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I know plenty of people who expected Avengers to suck. I remember having the same discussion with a group of friends a number of times that was divided on whether you could fit that many personalities into a movie and make it work. In the end, they did a great job of it, but that's no guarantee that it will work with Justice League.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Your friends are obviously retards Serra If Green Lantern is any indicator of how a JLA movie is going to end up, it ain't going to be pretty.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Your friends are obviously retards Serra If Green Lantern is any indicator of how a JLA movie is going to end up, it ain't going to be pretty.
    Rewatching GL. It wasn't as bad as people think, it just can't compete with Marvel/TDK. The only major flaw was trying to wedge too much into the movie, but I think a sequel (especially Sinestro Wars) could work and be really good.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Warner Bros. is in the process of trying to figure out how to handle adapting the DC Universe for the big screen. So far, Christopher Nolan is the only one that's really been able to crack the code for them. We've heard that the studio wanted to bring in Nolan to help develop their other DC superhero properties like Justice League, and steer them in the right direction. Unfortunately, he has absolutely no interest in doing that. The Dark Knight Rises director was recently asked if he had any plans for Justice League in an interview with the Associated Press, and here was his reply...

No, none at all. We're finished with all we're doing with Batman. This is the end of our take on this character.
    He went on to clarify that and explains that he does not...

...intend to get involved with any future solo Batman films when distributor Warner Bros., which owns DC Comics, decides the time is right to launch a new take on the masked vigilante.

"Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. Obviously, we consider it definitive and kind of finished. The great thing about Batman is he lives on for future generations to reinterpret, and obviously, Warners will have to decide in the future what they're going to do with him. We've had our say on the character. ...

"I've got no plans to do anything more, and certainly, no involvement with any 'Justice League' project."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/9/...ce-league.html
    http://news.yahoo.com/nolan-says-no-...090302403.html

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

That's a shame.

I do not want them to fuck up this movie. Take another year or two to get the right man, I can wait.

Blackice

Well, that's unfortunate. At least he's still attached to the Man of Steel.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Im glad tbh, he didnt want anything to do with justice league and Id rather get someone who wants to do it as opposed to some guy who got paid to do it but hates the characters

WB needs to clone joss whedon, thats the absolute best chance they have of having a competing franchise system with marvel

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the cast will look like:

flash: matt damon
    greenlantern : ryan reynolds
    aquaman: casey afflek
    wonderwoman: jennifer garner
    martian manhunter: Jason Mewes
    and of course he will cast himself as batman it only makes sense

Blackice

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    the cast will look like:
    martian manhunter: Jason Mewes
    For some reason the idea of MM doing the "15 dollars little man..." rap cracks me up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Earlier today news broke that Warner Bros. wanted Ben Affleck to direct their Justice League movie. They sent over screenwriter Will Beall's script to see if he would be interested. The report implied that he might actually end up taking the gig, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. According to Deadline, Affleck passed on the project a couple of days ago, but still might take a meeting with executives to hear them out. The site does stress throughout the article that Affleck isn't going to end up doing it though.
    https://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/8...ce-league.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/ben-...medium=twitter

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    For some reason the idea of MM doing the "15 dollars little man..." rap cracks me up.
    I would pay just to see this portion of the movie...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sortly after a rumor hit that Ben Affleck might be directing the Justice League movie for Warner Bros., it was made clear that he wouldn't be doing it. But the actor/director confirmed himself in a recent interview with the Canadian press that he's not working on the film.

I'm not working on the Justice League. One of the problems with entertainment web sites is that they need to fill pages, and that's how rumours get started. Justice League sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/26...ce-league.html
    http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainm...37986-qmi.html

no chris nolan please, i am super cerealed out, make this series of movies a bit lighter. shouldn't be hard to do without mr. captain overactor bale

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ben Affleck may not be directing Justice League, but Warner Bros. wants to eventually get this movie made so they need to choose someone. How about Matrix directors Lana and Andy Wachowski, because that's what the latest rumor is! There's no confirmation of this news, but for conversation sake let's roll with it.

The news comes from Moviehole, and here's what they said an inside source told them...

What I’m told is Warner Bros are apparently jazzed with “Cloud Atlas”, and love that it’s as much a spectacle as it is a showcase for the immense ensemble involved, so it makes sense the W’s are under consideration. “Justice League” needs to be as big on character, as it does bells & whistles, and the Wachowski’s could probably offer that.
    Cloud Atlas looks amazing, and I think the Wachowski's could do a great job pulling off a Justice League film! The directing duo were actually rumored to be directing the Superman reboot at one point, but that rumor ended up being shot down as being false and nothing ever came of it. Plastic Man was another movie there were rumored to be involved with. This latest JL rumor could end up being nothing either, but I'd love to see them brought in to adapt the DC Universe for the big screen. With films like The Matrix, V for Vendetta, Speed Racer and Cloud Altas under their belt, Justice League seems like a project they wouldn't turn down if they were offered it. And they would make one hell of a visually stunning movie!
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/26...ce-league.html
    http://moviehole.net/201256990exclus...ctor-wish-list