+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I thought it was hilarious how DC went out of its way to try to make Aquaman look like a bad ass, but still undermine him with the same joke 2-3 times throughout the movie about talking to fish. lmao

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Spoiler: show

Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman should have starter movies before this. Let us learn who they are, their world, why we should.

Show me a movie were we get to seee Cyborg grow with his power and learn various things.

Show me a movie where we watch Barry Allen working tirelessly and hard only to be struck by lightning and have it change his life for the better.

Show me a movie where we see(The audio was pretty shit for me at this part so I'm assuming) Aquamans mom dump him on a doorstep, him growing up with weird fish powers, 15 minutes in, he's on a fishing boat, shit goes bad, fish powers kick in. Bam, now he's curious about who he is and it can go on from there.
    Dawg I hate to tell you but you walked into a DC movie, not a Marvel movie.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Unfortunately Myrrh, that would have required time that WB didn't want to take.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Show me a movie were we get to see Cyborg grow with his power and learn various things.

While I agree with some of the rest for Cyborg this is how he gets introduced in the new 52. Created during the invasion he grows into his powers during the conflict. I get that here he already existed back during BvS but still got more than you got in the comics

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I’m sort of familiar with cyborg stuff. I’m just saying it would be nice to actually have time to care about these heroes.

Supes Mom got kicked out of her house(funny how Bruce didn’t help her during the start), Barry’s dad is in jail, cyborgs dad is all guilty and sad. Aqua mans life is tough cause he has a super hot red head wanting to pork him, Diana is sulking for 100 years over a dead dick, Bats did a complete 180 from his view in the last movie we saw him in.

And the audience is supposed to have all that thrown in our face and actually give a shit within 15 minutes of the movie starting.

If anything. I would have been fine with all that if instead of stupidwolfe. If they had some infighting with themselves and the moral question of bringing supes, unwilling back from the dead. And I’m not talking about the little fight they did when supes was brought back.

I went in with low expectations and I got less than what I expected.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not gonna lie. I fell in and out of consciousness throughout the movie.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I liked it, the jokes weren't any more forced than the countless one marvel movies have. I swear nothing these people do will make a difference because theres such a strong hate towards anything DC coming out lol. It was better than the Thor movie at least.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    because theres such a strong hate towards anything DC coming out lol.
    It was better than the Thor movie at least.
    LOL Batman is my favorite superhero and it wasn't even close to as good as Thor.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe better than Thor 2... maybe. But that's it

BG Level

“A wild Contrarian appears!”

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Marvel establishment put some gear on HNMs but DC promised him equal access as a BLU.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    The Marvel establishment put some gear on HNMs but DC promised him equal access as a BLU.
    Holy fucking shit! LMFAO

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

If I could Facebook like a post. Well done.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Fucking /thread

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The hive mind is always strong on this site.

wake up sheeple

BG Level

The hive mind is always strong on this site.
    Dude half the people here disagree with me on the regular.

BG Level

I don’t know about hive mind as I personally thought the movie was entertaining for what it was. But better than Thor 3? Nah homie. You’re just purposely trying to be a unique snowflake.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean, I didn't hate myself for watching it like say... Dark Tower, Valerian, or BvS. But it wasn't a good movie and I have zero motivation to ever watch it again.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I saw it tonight. I waited for a local theater's cheap movie night.

I wanted to like this movie I really did.. I'm not as much a DC person but the Justice League comics were some of my favorites growing up and the modern animated series was really well done.

What can I say that has not already been said? Hmm, well I'll just add my 2 cents anyways.

I didn't find the CGI to be all that bad for the most part. I mean it was BAD but with what all the people were saying here I thought it was going to be first-year-graphic-artist-student bad the whole time. However there were parts where it REALLY stood out. Whenever a fully CGI character was standing next to a real actor it was horrible, the whole Henry Cavill mouth thing was laughable, and the final battle when Steppenwolf's hellscape is growing made me cringe.

The jokes fell flat. The only time I laughed out loud was when Barry said, "I'm a snack hole!" and that was a stupid joke. Everybody else in the theater was pretty much the same I think. I didn't hear much laughter. Side note: This theater had the Deadpool 2 trailer attached to this (lol) and it got more laughs than the entire movie.

Except for Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot I didn't feel any chemistry between the actors. It's like they were on set just thinking, "Ok, I said my line now say your line meh." There may have been a little between Flash and Supes near the end but it was so brief I can't decide.

The writing felt dumbed down. The dialogue in Wonder Woman was so much better. Even BvS had better dialogue. Shit, I can't believe I'm saying that.

The movie was to short. They didn't have enough time to flesh out the new people or have them resolve the conflicts with each other. I remember a lot of scenes I saw in the trailers and clips that I didn't see in the movie. I bet a lot of stuff got left on the cutting room floor.

Bottom line. This movie wasn't even worth my 5 bucks.