FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by WahiGuard View Post
    Fuck that haters Speed Racer was great.
    it cost $120M to make and grossed $93. So I wouldn't say it was a success.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by WahiGuard View Post
    Fuck that haters Speed Racer was great.
    ^This, regardless of profits

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

An outrageous rumor has hit the net that Warner Bros. is considering bringing on Brett Ratner to direct Justice League. The script is currently being written by Gangster Squad scribe, Will Beale. The rumor originates from Superman Super Site who claims an inside source says,

The studio is very pleased with the work that Brett [Ratner] has done as a producer and director on past projects. They are now very interested in seeing what he can do with helping finally bring this group of iconic superheroes to the big screen!
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/28...league-no.html
    http://www.supermansupersite.com/0828346.html

Warner Bros. just needs to start locking things down on their upcoming Justice League movie, because the rumors and speculation surrounding it are getting out of hand. But that's the nature of the internet. The most recent rumor, other than this one, included the studio wanting Brett Ratner to direct the film. That just made me roll my eyes in disgust.

Now Batman on Film is reporting that the Justice League movie might serve as a launching point for The WB's new Batman reboot. Justice League is definitely going to happen before we see another Batman film, and here's what the site reports,

Said reboot will come after the JL film, not before. Therefore, the new cinematic Batman will be introduced in the JL film as opposed to a solo film. This would, according to my industry "FOBOF," assure the new Batman film series will be part of a "DC Cinematic Universe."
    Gangster Squad scribe Will Beall is currently scripting the film, so he is the one who will set the tone for the Batman reboot. Now if this is really Warner Bros.' plan then I would assume that Justice League will also serve as a launching point for all of the other superheros in the DC Universe like The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and even Green Lantern, which the studio is also looking to reboot already. I'm not sure about Superman though, unless Man of Steel ends up connecting to Justice League.

Marvel built up the cinematic universe one character at a time, and worked their way up to The Avengers. DC and Warner Bros. has the opportunity to do the exact opposite. They can launch their new DC superhero franchises with Justice League and branch them out into individual character movies.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/28...an-reboot.html
    http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN...but-in-JL.html

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Justice League of America

No.

ratner pls go

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait thats the guy who made X3 right? Fuck that. No thanks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Everyone who was like "Fuck no Affleck" a week ago is now like "PLEAS AFFLECK OVER RATNER" lol :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Wait thats the guy who made X3 right? Fuck that. No thanks.
    but xavier has died in the comics so it's totally ok man ... /grumble

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by quannum View Post
    but xavier has died in the comics so it's totally ok man ... /grumble
    I didn't even mind that much that he died. It was just a bad movie @_@

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rumor from Bleeding Cool that I hope isnt true
    Spoiler: show
    Undercover Warner Bros marketing people walk into a comic shop. Stop me if you’ve heard this one. The name of the shop has been removed to protect the guilty.

They entered posing as fans, but it was obvious to staff by the time they finished their first question that they were not. And about half way through they abandoned all pretence and were asking questions like “what superhero films have had good Facebook pages?”, “Do you think comic fans would accept a superhero film without Nolan’s involvement, would him serving as a producer suffice?” “What do fans think of Aquaman? He’s lame isn’t he?”, “What is regarded as the strongest lineup of the Justice League and would work as a film?” boiling right down to “What should DC do film wise?”

They asked for comics that best represented how the fans perceived the Justice League. One of them was wearing a box fresh Batman T-shirt – it still had the wrapping crease marks. They knew nothing about comics but corrected a member of staff on the year the Justice League film was due, 2014, not 2013. They mocked the Ant Man movie and looked a bit worried when they were assured by staffit was probably going to be all right.

And they looked glum when they were told DC should “just do what Marvel have done”.

The biggest give away for the staff was when they asked what impact films had on comics sales. The staff replied that it was very little, unless it was an unknown character. Their immediate response was “Oh, like Jonah Hex” which didn’t fit with the rest of their limited knowledge – and they didn’t seem aware that the Green Lantern and Jonah Hex movies were not well regarded.

The staff explained how Marvel could make a movie out of any character but because it would tie into the bigger picture, it stood a greater chance of success. The interlopers were really interested in what obscure characters there were realated to the league… and then they asked the big one.

“What would fan reaction be to a Justice League movie with Frank Miller’s name attached?”

Bleeding Cool message board commentators, you have been criticised by some, mocked by others, becoming a byword in some places for unreasonable, offensive behaviour. Well, I believe your moment has come. Feel free to tell them exactly what fan reaction would be…

BG Level

*Bill Hicks gut laugh*

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

When he was cast as Batman in George Miller’s “Justice League of America”, the anointment of actor Armie Hammer to a blockbuster superhero tent pole and, more importantly, such a legendary role drew mostly arched eyebrows and head scratching.

Hammer, like most of the young cast enlisted for the doomed project, was an unknown at the time. So as great as he might have looked in the black duds, most were still dubious.

Doesn’t much matter now, the film never happened.

As Hammer recalled in a recent interview with MTV, “We had gotten a long way into pre-production,” said Hammer about the ill-fated Australia-set production. “We were about to start shooting when the writer’s strike happened at the end of 2007, and then the Australian government denied a 40% tax rebate that they thought they were going to have, so a lot of things just when wrong.”

“It’s unfortunate,” he continued, “because the amount of work that was already done — I mean, they had finished pre-production and they were a couple of days away from starting to shoot, so it’s a shame that nobody got to see all of the work that got put into it.”

Sigh. The guy apparently loved wearing the Batman suit, too (“I loved it. But I didn’t even get a picture of it.”)

So the movie never happened. But Hammer’s career did.

Will the combination of recently acquired star power and role suitability get Hammer a second shot at bringing his take on the Caped Crusader to the screen?

Quite possibly.

Hearing, from a very good source, today that Hammer, who is now a hot commodity after such flicks as “The Social Network” and “Mirror Mirror”, not to mention his upcoming lead role in “The Lone Ranger”, is ”back on WB’s radar” for the part of Batman. Not for a solo flick, but for the ensemble “Justice League” movie [again].

The studio need a new guy to guard the cave now that Christian Bale has hung up the cowl. And with plans to reintroduce a younger take on the character in the upcoming “Justice League” movie, a draft of which has been completed by Will Beale, the studio has Hammer atop of their list of potentials. It’s really, when you think about it, a no-brainer. Thus, I wasn’t much surprised when informed this morning that he’s in with a good chance to play the part in the superhero tag-team movie.

It’s a win win, really. Hammer apparently wears the suit smartly, has already rehearsed for the gig before, but more so, is a much bigger star than he was three or four years ago.
    Hammer headlines Disney’s “Lone Ranger” next year and while eyes will be on that film’s performance (Earlier this year there was some talk of Taylor Kitsch being a contender for the new Batman, and while that’s still a possibility, the lackluster performance of the actor’s “Savages”, “John Carter” and “Battleship” this year definitely didn’t do anything to boost his appeal) , the young actor is, at this stage, in with a very good shot to jump from a horse to a batmobile shortly after.

The only disappointing part of hearing this news this morning, for me anyway? Confirmation that Joseph Gordon Levitt won’t be the next Batman – or any Batman, it seems. That last moment in “Dark Knight Rises”, as most suspected, wasn’t so much meant to set-up a future film but just a nice moment for the movie to end on.

“But the Batman in this movie might only be used in Justice League movies”, we’re informed, suggesting Hammer’s Batman might be restricted to the JLA universe, so chances are someone else might be get a shot at donning the charcoal duds in a solo movie.

Casting is still a ways off for “Justice League” – Which will unite the characters of Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter – but Warner’s are smart in getting a head start in mixing and matching a workable team of thesps for the main roles.
    http://moviehole.net/201258386exclus...dar-for-batman

tl:dr Arnie is current top choice for role of Batman and Justice League, at the moment, is a standalone film. It will not branch off like The Avengers.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LA Times reporting Warner Brothers will rush out a Justice League movie by summer of 2015, the same summer as Avengers 2
    C Comics' superheroes can finally team up on the big screen following yesterday's legal victory for Warner Bros. in its long-running fight over the rights to Superman.

The studio is expected to accelerate development of a planned "Justice League" movie that would join Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and other characters, according to a knowledgeable person not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well that's just stupid, this movie is going to suck due to shitty super heroes and they plan to release it at the same time as Avengers? Cmon..

Blackice

Not to mention, no setup of a previous villain so let's see what we'll get...

1. Original formation based on the Appellaxians (alien invasion)
    2. Darkseid (DC's version of Thanos)
    3. Starro (A giant evil space starfish...)
    4. White Martians (another alien invasion plot)

This will not end well.

BG Level

Talk about milking a cat's nipples.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The fatal flaw of the Justice League is lack of relatable characters. Mainly for this reason I don't think it could ever come close to the success of The Avengers but I look forward to what they will do with the League.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Darkseid would be cool, but I doubt regular people can fathom someone regularly trashing superman, let alone a
    Spoiler: show
    possible batman death

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast