+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If DC was concerned with doing this right, they wouldn't have set a date for 2015. They would have paced their movies in a fashion that allowed a solid line up of events and characters. I would love for this movie to be well done but it just screams cash grab to me.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Justice League of America (2015)

At least they can do the straight to DVD animations right. The marvel ones seem a bit... off to me for some reason.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

DC kicks Marvel's ass on the animated front. The only thing Marvel made that I really really loved was Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and yeah. Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty good, but still doesn't come close to DC's animated productions.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by quannum View Post
    my problem with comic movie reboots is that they keep telling the origin story that everyone's seen over 9000 times already
    Check it here or any other site if it is not part of the original story, people say it is going to suck (you will get more colorfully wording but you get the idea). If they change something it is going to suck. It is lose lose, change it and people will complain, just follow the back story people will complain. Personally my favorite is whats going on sherlock vs elementary and all the whiners from Sherlock on Imdb its some funny "elitist" stuff.

I'm not sure how they will pull off the JL movie. Do we need backstory for all of it not really, but you will have some say absolutely. I wouldn't mind them being altogether and bad guy shows up, they struggle, they find team work and then win. But thats just me that will be happy with that lol

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I think they were hoping to use green lantern as their Iron Man, and copy from there, but well...
    Movie would have been great had they chosen a different villian(s).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More like a different story. All they did was mash up Guy Gardner and Kyle Reyner together and pretend it was Hal Jordan.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't know, it seemed awfully like Hal to me, but with a little more comedic tone.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Green Lantern just had too much of everything in it. Too many subplots, too many villains, etc. just a terrible script.

That cosmic cloud of ass dust that was the villain was the most horrible thing I've ever seen.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    That cosmic cloud of ass dust that was the villain was the most horrible thing I've ever seen.
    Think you are confusing GL and the hack job Foc did on Galactus.
    But ya, parallax was shit too.

That too but yeah I ment parallax.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've seen better villains on MLP

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Any idea who the villain is? Darkseid?
    This last summer it was announced that Warner Bros. was finally going to movie forward with a live-action Justice League movie after The Avengers did so freakin' well at the box office. Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall was hired to write the script for the film, and other than the involvement of the main superhero characters there hasn't been a lot of information on the film. But! Thanks to our friends at Latino Review we've got some pretty awesome info to share with you! They've been able to uncover who the villain of the film will be!

The Avengers will be facing off against the Mad Titan, Thanos, in the sequel in 2015, but the Justice League will be taking on a God. The site reveals that the main villain of the story will be Darkseid!

How badass is that! It makes complete sense that they would bring in an epic villain like this to take on the Justice League team. To make the story interesting it would have to be Gods fighting Gods. If they ended up fighting against some mere mortal like Lex Luthor, I'd think it'd be over pretty quick. There needs to be a real threat, and Darkseid is it.

Darkseid was created by Jack Kirby in 1970, and first appeared Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134. Here's a little information on the character for those of you not really familiar.

Darkseid is the ruler of Apokolips and Darkseid's Elite and was a major player in the cosmic war that was the Final Crisis. Unto the hell that is Apokolips came Darkseid, malice personified, a merciless tyrant who demanded unwavering devotion and abject fear from all his subjects. A being of unparalleled strength, Darkseid nevertheless preferred not to sully his gloves with combat unless provoked to action. His eyes emitted the formidable Omega Sanction, ray beams that could disintegrate, teleport, or resurrect depending on the dread lord's wishes. His sole mission in life was to find and gain control over the Anti-Life Equation which would give him the means to usurp all free will in the sentient universe.
    He should give the Justice League a run for their money, but of course in the end they will win. Marvel Studios seems to be doing almost everything right. All Warner Bros. has right now is The Dark Knight, and it has yet to be seen how good Man of Steel will be. Both Green Lantern and Superman Returns we're pretty disappointing for me. I don't think Justice League will end up being as good as what Marvel has and will accomplish, but I'm sure it will be entertaining! At least I hope it is! I really do what them to give the fans something incredible, I want them to succeed at this! It won't be easy though. The studio still has yet to find a director to bring the film to life.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/3...gue-movie.html
    http://latino-review.com/2012/12/03/...ustice-league/

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

a slim glimmer of hope

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Just don't fuck it up....don't fuck it up... Please

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They're going to fuck it up.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Justice League of America (2015)

Avengers does Thanos, so JLA does Darkseid. It's going to suck just because it's copycatting the story.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Remember when Marvel used to copy DC?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    Remember when Marvel used to copy DC?
    You mean like the Captain America movie copying an episode of Justice League?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More like since the silver age

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast