+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Justice League of America (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    You mean like the Captain America movie copying an episode of Justice League?
    Simpsons did it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As someone who doesn't know much about Thanos or Darkseid. Are they supposed to look similar? >_>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    As someone who doesn't know much about Thanos or Darkseid. Are they supposed to look similar? >_>
    A lot would argue Thanos us a rip-off of Darkseid, at least how they look. Jim Statlin, who created Thanos, claims this is not the case. So who can say for certain? That being said, their personalities and motivations are very different.

Blackice

Darkseid was created in 1970, Thanos in 1973. However, like Delirium said while they look similar they're still quite different in powers, personality, and motivations. Thanos is a maniacal warlord who is constantly looking for either A. more power or B. a way to die. Darkseid is a methodical overlord who just wants to sit back and rule second to none while having a personal army of the most powerful beings in the universe. That right there is Darkseid's main motivation when it comes to Superman, he just wants to own and control him.

For shits and giggles, I give you... Thanoseid!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    Remember when Marvel used to copy DC?
    No?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

^Bingo!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As Warner Bros. still looks for a director to take on their Justice League movie, more details about the film are leaking out. Thanks to our friends at Latino-Review we've learned what Justice League comic book story arc served as inspiration for the script that Will Beale is writing.

Gerry Conway’s 1980 Justice League Of America 183-185 is the story that we'll see brought to life on the big screen. Basically the three issue arc features the superhero team coming together to stop Darkseid from destroying Earth by blasting it with a death ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.

Here's the description from the comic:

im Starlin cover cover. (story line runs through #183-185) The annual team-up for the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America begins in this issue. This year the two teams, even with an assist from the New Gods, have their work cut out for them as they take on none other than Darkseid himself! Written by Gerry Conway with art by Dick Dillin and inks by Frank McLaughlin. This issue features Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Doctor Fate, Powergirl, Mister Miracle, Geoforce, and the the Huntress.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/1...-revealed.html

BG Level

Sorry, this is going to suck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

More story details;

Spoiler: show

• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.

• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.

• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script MichaelGoldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.

• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.

• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.

• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.

• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.

• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.

• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.

• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.

• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/1/...ls-emerge.html

BG Level

Fail.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Fail.
    yup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wha?
    Spoiler: show
    why would MM have knowledge of Darkseid?

didn't he kill all the martians?

er ..
    It is later revealed in Martian Manhunter vol.2 #33, that Darkseid first became aware of the equation approximately 300 years ago when he made contact with the people of Mars. Upon learning of the Martian philosophy that free will and spiritual purpose could be defined by a "Life Equation", Darkseid postulated that there must exist a negative equivalent.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I read on a thread on /co/ from a guy that read the script and answered people's questions, this Darkseid is not going to be the anti-life evil entity version but more the cosmic conqueror. As far as why MM will have knowledge of Darkseid, it's probably a plot device to bring him to the Justice League and tie stuff together.

Also, I really would love to see Darkseid's minions appear but it doesn't look like that will happen. Gimme dat Granny Goodness.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Also, I really would love to see Darkseid's minions appear but it doesn't look like that will happen. Gimme dat Granny Goodness.
    I think a lot of the New Gods would be interesting for a second movie. However, it would prolly be too many characters.
    I guess Granny and the Furies would be interesting to see on the screen, but without any development they'd just be random bad guys.

So I doubt Orion or Barda on the big screen

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This news really isn't going to blow your mind because it basically tell us what most of us already know. I think it's fairly obvious what characters will end up in the Justice League movie, but our friends at Latino-Review say that the five members of the team are...

Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash. Like I said this isn't earth shattering news, the Justice League wouldn't be the Justice League without these characters. The site goes on to say that Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Hawkman might also be included.

This actually contradicts a previous report from about a month ago, that gives us a breakdown of the characters that would be in the film, and the roles they play in the story. For example, the previous report says that Aquaman actually has a key role in the movie. Both sites that reported this news have a good reputation for getting these kinds of things right. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, and what characters do actually end up in the film.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/24...e-the-cut.html
    http://latino-review.com/2013/01/24/...gue-final-cut/
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/1/...ls-emerge.html

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll probably go see this, but I don't see myself caring in the slightest, simply because DC has not put in the time or the work to set up the universe.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I'll probably go see this, but I don't see myself caring in the slightest, simply because DC has not put in the time or the work to set up the universe.
    QTF. Sadly this is exactly how I feel. I am actually sitting on the "boycott" fence for this but I've seen worse movies in theaters for this so unless it looks horrid, I'll be there.

BG Level

I probably won't bother at all. No build up = no care. You can't just release a movie like this and go "lol it works".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast