Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kick-Ass comic book writer Mark Millar adds his two cents about Warner Bros. Justice League movie currently in development. He says that the script that's being written by Will Beall is not an "Avengers knock-off," and that it's "dark and mature." I don't have high hopes for a Justice Leauge movie, in fact I don't have high hopes for any of the upcoming DC movies other than The Dark Knight Rise and Man of Steel. The only reasons I think those are going to be good is they were developed by teams of creative talent that brought us the first two Batman movies. They won't get Christopher Nolan to work on all of their DC properties. But here's what Millar had to say about the Justice League script,

A pal of mine is good friends with the new Justice League screenwriter and said his take on the team is incredible. Very real-world and not at all what you might expect. WB has a chequered history with their superhero characters. They're great with their boy wizards, but less consistent with their DC stable. But my chum said that this could be a thing of beauty and has been in the works for a little while now, not just an Avengers knock-off. Best of luck to them. The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn't what I expected. But word on Gangster Squad is great too so I feel this is in really good hands.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/7/...nd-mature.html
    http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.p...-league-movie/

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure how I feel about this. Avengers came out so good because they spent 5 years establishing the world and the characters one by one. The same won't hold true for Justice League if its coming out next year :/

I think if they got Nolan on board I'd be less concerned but right now this seems like it's going to be a train wreck that will be pretty to look at.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

2013 is the original date, there has been so many rewrites that the actual date is up in the air.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still think Wonder Woman is the only other DC hero anyone knows(because of the 70s tv show). Everyone is basically "oh that guy" with no real knowledge. Whether an individual liked Thor, Cap, or even Incredible Hulk, it gave viewers an idea of who the characters were before the team up. Throwing them into a movie is kinda like "uh ok". Heck, I know people in the theatre I went to for Avengers were confused about Hawkeye.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    2013 is the original date, there has been so many rewrites that the actual date is up in the air.
    Oh okay. Well it should come out in like 2016 if they want to do it right because they have no established characters other than Batman. And from what gather they don't want/can't realistically use the Nolan Batman. It may feel like thats copying the Avengers formula, but it's a really good working formula so why not.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Incoming biggest box office bomb in history.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Take anything Mark Millar says with 10 grains of salt.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It was recently announced that Warner Bros. was moving forward with Justice League and a Wonder Woman movie. They've hired Gangster Squad scribe Will Beall to write Justice League and Green Lantern scribe Michael Goldenberg to take on Wonder Woman. Of course, this all happened after The Avengers blew up the box office. Warner Bros. wants some more of that superhero money action.

They've got the last Christopher Nolan directed Batman film The Dark Knight Rises coming out this summer and Man of Steel coming out next year. Both of those should do very well. There's already been talk of rebooting the Batman series, but it looks like the studio is ready to go crazy with some of DC Comics' other superhero properties, and it's about time.

Variety reports that The Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, The Suicide Squad, and Shazam are all currently in active development at the studio. These are films that we've been hearing about over the last several years, so I guess it's not really new. I guess what's new about it is the studio is actually now starting to get serious about getting them up on the big screen. They are also in the process of deciding whether or not to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern, or if they want to completely reboot the character to give it a fresh start, as the first movie they made sucked.

I don't think Warner Bros. will ever do a combined movie universe like Marvel has done, but it doesn't mean they can't make successfully awesome comic book movies. They just need to find the right talent to develop the movies, and it sounds like this is something they now understand. According to sources within the studio, it has "learned that when making a superhero pic, it needs to tap creatives that genuinely understand the characters the way Joss Whedon was comfortable with The Avengers."

It looks like Nolan is going to have a hand in producing all of these DC superhero movies from here on out, which is great! Much in the same way David Heyman produced all of the Harry Potter movies, Nolan could produce all of the DC movies. As you know, Nolan is a producer on Man of Steel, and according to Variety the WB "has increasingly put more control of its DC films in Nolan's hands." Putting Nolan in charge of these films is the best possible thing the studio can do, because if anyone can help guide these movies in the right direction, it's him.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/8/...ro-movies.html
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...|News|FilmNews

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

"It looks like Nolan is going to have a hand in producing all of these DC superhero movies from here on out"

There is still hope.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Adrian Grenier for Aquaman is the only possible choice.

Celeste

Oh man, they really shouldn't release it so soon. I has very bad feeling.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Well, there's no release date, and if they're still planning on rebooting Batman for it, there's hope they'll do the right thing and actually build up a number of these heroes before having them team up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    Adrian Grenier for Aquaman is the only possible choice.
    Only if James cameron directs his solo movie?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

This is going to be a piece if shit no matter what because they're just trying to jump on the gravy train.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Green Lantern scribe Michael Goldenberg to take on Wonder Woman &
    They are also in the process of deciding whether or not to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern, or if they want to completely reboot the character to give it a fresh start, as the first movie they made sucked.
    Why would they bring back the same director of a movie that sucked? ;x Especially for a char that they'd have to do a lot of work to make decent to appease the mass and the comic book geeks...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And I wonder if Ryan Reynolds will want to play a gay character now.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vendog View Post
    And I wonder if Ryan Reynolds will want to play a gay character now.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CQu7l7EQj9...0/facepalm.jpg

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We all thought Avengers was going to sux, and we were proven wrong. There is hope for an assemble movie as Avengers as shown. Let's hope they pick the right actors for JLA.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    We all thought Avengers was going to sux, and we were proven wrong. There is hope for an assemble movie as Avengers as shown. Let's hope they pick the right actors for JLA.
    Who the fuck thought the Avengers would suck? Everyone knew it would be a hit the second Joss Whedon was attached to the project.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Wut? Absolutely everyone I know and everywhere I saw had high expectations for Avengers. I don't think I ever heard anyone saying anything remotely close to saying Avengers might suck. The movie had a five year build up to flesh out characters while carefully intertwining each movie to support it, if DC doesn't understand how this was an integral part to the major success Avengers had then they're doomed from the get go.

Nolan is done with Batman, Superman Returns was a two hour trailer to a sequel no one wanted, Green Lantern sucked donkey balls, and no other characters sans Wonder Woman seems to have enough appeal for a wide audience as a stand alone movie. They need to just start from scratch and follow the Marvel formula accordingly on their own. Plan a JLA release in like 2019 and release solo movies accordingly to introduce and re-introduce characters/actors to the audience so they can build an attachment to them knowing it's a gradual build up to a bigger plot. Heard Flash is a bad ass in the comics, make a movie and show everyone why they should care about him.