Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since zombies are cool, I would say Nekron+Blackhand. I don't think they could pull off Grundy well enough(not the tard Loeb version either, but the intelligent and well spoken one)

If they just made the first storyline that came with the DC 52 reboot recently it would be a great movie. Got Darkseid, team coming together, and dont have to worry about setting up much background.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor

Christopher Nolan brought his Batman trilogy to an epic conclusion this past summer with The Dark Knight Rises, but there was no way that Warner Bros. was going to leave the character alone for long. As we’ve been discussing here at Screen Rant, the company has been planning to build its own Marvel-style cinematic universe and Batman is going to play a vital role.

The question is, who will play Batman and what role will the character have alongside Superman, Wonder Woman, and other important heroes in an eventual Justice League movie?

We’ve already shared five ways that Batman can fit into the Justice League movie, but a new rumor suggests the character and actor might already exist. According to his sources, Drew McWeeny at HitFix is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt “absolutely will be appearing in Justice League as the new Batman,” building off of his role in Nolan’s final film.

In addition to this piece of news, McWeeny also reports that Gordon-Levitt may even appear as the Caped Crusader in an earlier film, like Zack Snyder’s upcoming Man of Steel. Zack Snyder has already commented on Man of Steel‘s connection to Justice League, so it’s certainly within the realm of possibility. Then again, Justice League is already schedule for a 2015 release date – could a Batman sequel be produced before then, or would they push the production of the DC superhero team-up back?

There are quite a few reasons why the Gordon-Levitt rumor makes sense. As anyone who saw The Dark Knight Rises remembers, the film ended with Gordon-Levitt’s character John Blake discovering the bat cave and, presumably, taking over the role of Batman. Nolan and company even shoe-horned in a line about Blake’s real name being “Robin” to make the connection even clearer.

If Warner Bros. wanted to maintain a connection to Nolan’s enormously popular Batman films, short of getting Christian Bale back for the role, Gordon-Levitt is the most logical option. It also doesn’t hurt that Gordon-Levitt has become one of Hollywood’s most bankable young stars, appearing in a number of critically acclaimed and financially successful films (from Rian Johnson’s Looper to Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln).

However, there are some drawbacks to having Gordon-Levitt take over the character for Justice League. For one thing, he’s not Bruce Wayne. Will Batman fans be okay with a different character donning the cowl in a major movie? And would the Justice League team dynamic be as interesting with Superman, Wonder Woman, and … Batman’s replacement, John “Robin” Blake?

Generally, reaction to the end of The Dark Knight Rises was positive, so this may not be a big issue. Then again, Batman is such an iconic hero that he’s one of the easiest characters to reboot, so it’s not as if the audience needs Gordon-Levitt for continuity sake. If the Nolan movies weren’t specifically intended to build into a broader DC universe of films, would it be more disruptive to try and bring Gordon-Levitt back than to simply reboot the character?

Bringing back Gordon-Levitt would also raise some other interesting questions. How far will Warner Bros. go to bring in their existing characters for Justice League? Would they also consider bringing Ryan Reynolds back to play Green Lantern? There was talk of rebooting Green Lantern, but if they’re not planning to use solo films to introduce each character before Justice League, wouldn’t you want to work with as much existing content as possible?
    http://screenrant.com/joseph-gordon-...ustice-league/
    http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...justice-league

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

kill me now

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What Abandon said. It's good that he's going for continuity but, fuck man, that's just shitty news.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think I'm one of the few people that was pissed at the whole John Blake thing. How difficult would it have been to name the character Richard Blake and then at the end have him reveal his original last name was Grayson? Then, bam... he takes over the Batcave, but as Nightwing. Simple as that.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Batman is Bruce Wayne. Just fucking stop already.

Blackice

I like JGL as an actor but no. If I feel like I would be able to kick his ass irl, then he shouldn't be playing Batman.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    DC really does not know what to do here, do they? Connecting the "realistic" Batman trilogy to a Justice League movie? Can you honestly see Superman or The Flash existing in the same universe as the Nolan Batman?
    They could make JGL Bruce Wayne to avoid this and just cast him as Batman for the connection. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    I think I'm one of the few people that was pissed at the whole John Blake thing. How difficult would it have been to name the character Richard Blake and then at the end have him reveal his original last name was Grayson? Then, bam... he takes over the Batcave, but as Nightwing. Simple as that.
    This makes more sense than to have him be Batman. Maybe have JGL run around as Nightwing for a bit, but then needs Batmans help and Bruce comes out of retirement.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    They could make JGL Bruce Wayne to avoid this and just cast him as Batman for the connection. Otherwise, it makes no sense.
    Even then, he seems far too scrawny to be batman.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Justice League of America (2015)

lol

How ironic that the most successful DC films in history are what's going to guarantee Justice League is going to suck with all the confusion concerning continuity.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't really think they're concerned with continuity. It's seeming like a case of "Simpsons Did It" at this point.

JGL is too scrawny even for Robin. Hell, even Anne Hataway looked like she would beat all kinds of shit out of him. I like him as an actor but no thx as Batman

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe not..

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Reps Call 'Justice League' Rumors 'Entirely False'

John Blake's new career as Gotham's Caped Crusader might be over before it ever even started.

Just hours after rumors emerged that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be moving on from Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy to a role in Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment's planned "Justice League" adaptation, comes word from the "Dark Knight Rises" star's reps that he won't be involved after all.

Both EW.com and Hollywood.com have reportedly heard back from Gordon-Levitt's camp, and both report that they received firm denials of the original HitFix story. According to that first report, JGL would continue on with the DC Universe for "Justice League" — and possibly even earlier that, as early as "Man of Steel," perhaps.

So, is the big, fat Batman rumor dead? It sure looks that way for now, but who really knows — the future of DC Comics on film is so murky that it's difficult to tell what's actually going on. Whether or not JGL's involvement with "Justice League" and the rest of the DCU is officially over, we expect we'll be hearing more and more about these rumors until an official "Justice League" casting announcement gets made, one way or the other.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Thank you Jesus

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

If he ended up as Batman, I'd have punted a kitten.

are they letting manatees in a tank decide what's going on over there? wtf mate? just copy marvel, ezpz

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I think they were hoping to use green lantern as their Iron Man, and copy from there, but well...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Justice League of America (2015)

If they're so worried about continuity with Batman's universe, either reboot him or re-imagine him like they did with the animated series when Justice League came out. If anyone remembers, Batman: TAS started out in a 1920-something film noir setting that still maintained just about all its continuity during the Batman/Superman Adventures despite the quantum leap in the setting's time frame and Tim Drake replacing Grayson as Robin. Eventually, Batman's brand became so well established, it fit with both Justice League series and Batman Beyond without skipping a beat.
    Also, aside from Batman, Superman, and maybe The Flash and Wonder Woman who really gives a flying fuck about the rest of the Justice League's founding members? I sure as hell couldn't see myself sitting through separate Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl movies no matter how appealing they try to make it while holding the prospect of the Justice League over my head. Besides, DC's track record with movies that don't have Batman in the title isn't the most stable, even with their most loyal fan base that would see the movies just for the sake if doing so. Be it for the train wreck appeal or otherwise.
    If they want to copy Marvel, (which is pretty ironic to begin with) then do what Singer did with X-Men. No origin stories and the team is already formed and established right out the box, ready to go. One of the advantages DC superheroes have over Marvel is that a number of them can stand on their own without much being known about their origins, so why not play to your strengths for once?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast