+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How often are you stressed?

So, I have a paper due at 11pm tonight, but I never get stressed (not even now). So since my mind seems to think about anything but the paper when I begin getting close to starting it, I was wondering how often other people get stressed (also, I'm continuing to procrastinate). So maybe I'm naive, since I don't have *too* many responsibilities, since I'm only in college, but how often does everyone get stressed? When there is a deadline set for an assignment (work or otherwise) and it's getting closer to the assignment?

I've never been stressed before, so it's quite foreign to me actually. Does anyone else feel this way? lol

This doesn't seem coherent, oh well.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I work in customer service, so all day errday

aduidarnenye

Never. I don't think I've been stressed out ever in my life. I've been irritated and annoyed, but I don't think that is the same thing as stressed, which I define as irritated and worried. I never worry about anything.

Except flying. I do not like flying.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Iono man. I got 2 kids, a jizzob, a mortgage payment... Those are pretty much my top priorities.

The kids can be stressful, but no matter how stressful, always worth it.

The job kinda sucks, but pays lots of money, but traveling gets old. It's a necessary stress though.

The mortgage, well, it's better than renting, but if I take care of the job, that takes care of the mortgage.

Anything that causes stress outside those 3 things, I could really give a shit about.

There's only 1 thing in this world that will cause you enough stress that you want to off yourself:

Women.

Knock that paper out man. If you don't... Fuck it, you're in college, it's not the end of the world. They can't take away your birthday.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I'm a case worker for the Section 8 Rental Assistance program. I just started this week, so I can't rightly say how stressed I will be when I start doing interviews and paperwork, but my guess is pretty high. We're way understaffed for a new office with as many families as we have (they're not hiring any more than we have now.) I've worked at the same place before, but now it's a different company, less pay, more work, and dealing with sometimes people who will try to push your buttons and pull the wool over your eyes all day.

I've dealt with a similar job before when I was an account manager in a mortgage company a number of years ago. I had about 50-75 cases a month, and while I wasn't overly stressed, it definitely got to me after a while. I've worked customer service (in some form) my whole career, and sometimes there are days where you can't deal with shit, and then others you're fine. It varies day to day week to week with me.

If I do get stressed, I get a lot of twitches, especially on my eyelid (holy fuck is that annoying) for hours or days at a time. I also get somewhat irritable.

I can't say I've ever gotten stressed to the point that most people would consider stressed. I think it has a lot to do with the way people deal with pressure and how they cool off. I try to never let anything get to me by always keeping busy and multitasking or just diverting my body's attention to something else. Though for some reason most people say that doing that would stress them out more so maybe I'm just different. I think stress can really be related to obsession when you get so focused on something that it prevents you from doing something else.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I sometimes get frustrated, but I don't really worry.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    Women.
    Root of all evil.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    Fuck it, you're in college, it's not the end of the world. They can't take away your birthday.
    I don't know why but I just lol'd way to hard on my laptop, damn j00. Thanks for the laugh.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Never really been stressed. Closest would probably have to be before the first couple of live shows I played in a band, and that was mostly just extremely anxious not even stressed.
    Procrastination is the devil though (I definitely should know), cut that shit out and you'll relieve a lot of weight off your shoulders lol.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tellahh View Post
    Procrastination is the devil though (I definitely should know), cut that shit out and you'll relieve a lot of weight off your shoulders lol.
    See, this would work if there was any weight on my shoulders to be lifted. Exams, projects and stuff doesn't bother me, it's just annoyingness. Bad? Maybe but it hasn't hurt me too bad. I work better "under pressure" anyways.

How would you guys describe stress? I think it'd be more of frustration combined with anxiety.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was never stressed in school, and I always procrastinated.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I get mildly stressed when I'm behind on my homework or when I have to write a paper (I hate them so much). I have really high standards for myself though (all As all the time) so letting anything slip makes me feel bad about myself. However, I realize that having fun is the most important thing in life so I try to balance the two ideologies out, which is sometimes really weird... Most things don't stress me out at all though, apathy ftw.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I attribute my low level of stress to this;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o/00001263.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    See, this would work if there was any weight on my shoulders to be lifted. Exams, projects and stuff doesn't bother me, it's just annoyingness. Bad? Maybe but it hasn't hurt me too bad. I work better "under pressure" anyways.

How would you guys describe stress? I think it'd be more of frustration combined with anxiety.
    What I get for speed reading lol. "If" you are feeling stressed about a class project/exam/paper/etc I meant that procrastination is usually the root cause, I used to do it a lot with long essays mostly and would just end up pulling all-nighters near the due date, just not a good habit IMHO.

Stress to me is an extreme feeling of anxiety mixed with a dread and maybe some anger/frustration, never really having stressed to the point of pulling my hair out though Idk.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I attribute my low level of stress to this;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o/00001263.jpg
    Fucking truth.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

going to a school i'm embarrassed to attend, classes are winding down so i'm having exams left and right, friends getting pissed because i'm studying instead of doing stuff with them cause their majors are stupid and involve nothing harder than band.

all day erry day stress atm

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

my daily inner struggle

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If FFXI taught me one thing, its patience. No seriously citadel chelonian can go fuck himself. Also, never really stressed unless getting mayad at vidya. I've been almost kicked out of school a couple times but I have never really felt stressed to the point of any physical signs. I'm sure there are lots of others like that, or at least people who view themselves that way and really aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    So, I have a paper due at 11pm tonight, but I never get stressed (not even now). So since my mind seems to think about anything but the paper when I begin getting close to starting it, I was wondering how often other people get stressed (also, I'm continuing to procrastinate). So maybe I'm naive, since I don't have *too* many responsibilities, since I'm only in college, but how often does everyone get stressed? When there is a deadline set for an assignment (work or otherwise) and it's getting closer to the assignment?

I've never been stressed before, so it's quite foreign to me actually. Does anyone else feel this way? lol

This doesn't seem coherent, oh well.
    What year and what program are you in?