+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

fuck the idea of remaking this movie. i love the first film, the rest are ungodly bad. but dont touch the original, also, Bradley Cooper is a horrendous choice for Eric Draven.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bradley Cooper has dropped ouf of Relativity Media's remake of The Crow, which is being directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo. THR reports that Cooper has had to exit the project due to scheduling conflicts, He is set to star in David O. Russell’s Silver Linings Playbook, which shoots this fall and then is schedule to move directly into Legendary’s Paradise Lost, which shoots first quarter next year.

It looks as though Channing Tatum and Mark Wahlberg have swooped in to possibly take on the role. Walhberg was already offered the lead in the Crow, but that deal never came together. It is not known if he wants to take that on after joining Universal's 2 Guns action pic.

The studio is not wasting time on the Crow, created by James O’Barr. The story centers on "a musician who is murdered while trying to save his fiancée from thugs. He is brought back from the dead by supernatural forces and seeks revenge." Brandon Lee originally starred in the role and was killed in a freak accident during production of the original movie in 1993.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/15...y-in-to-t.html
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...crow-as-223204

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I would watch a Crow remake with Mark Wahlberg just out of curiosity lol.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Fuck yeah Marky Mark !

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

hahahaha
    oh man
    mark should stay as Max Payne...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

ComicBookMovie is reporting that The Weinstien Company and Relativity Media have buried the legal hatchet and decided to further collaborate on the reboot of cult classic The Crow. Is there any bad news? Bradley Cooper dropped out of the leading role, but that just makes my day better!
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/1/24...-on-track.html
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=53308

Press Release;

Relativity Media’s Co-President, Tucker Tooley, Edward R. Pressman, producer behind the cult-classic The Crow franchise, and The Weinstein Company’s Dimension Films, announced today they have closed a deal with F. Javier Gutiérrez (Before The Fall) to direct a reinvention of The Crow, the 1994 smash hit film based on the comic book series and comic strip by James O’Barr. Writer Jesse Wigutow has signed on to pen the script.

Gutiérrez’s directorial debut, the Spanish-language apocalyptic thriller Before the Fall (Tres Dias), became an international and award-winning sensation after premiering at the Berlinale Film Festival in 2008. In Spain, the film won Best Motion Picture and Best Screenplay at the 2008 Malaga Film Festival, the Miradas Award (TVE) for Best Motion Picture of the Year, and garnered nominations from the Spain Critics Awards. In Europe, the film was a finalist for the 2008 European Film Awards and won main prizes in such science-fiction and fantasy film festivals as the Amsterdam Fantastic Film Festival, the Trieste Film Fesitval, and later in the U.S., picked up four awards at Los Angeles’ famed Horror Festival “Scream Fest” in 2009 (for editing, Gutiérrez’s directing, cinematography, and actor Victor Clavijo). The film also ranked #3 on the “International Watch List 2008”. Gutiérrez is currently developing Dimension Films’ sci-fi thriller The Greys.

Wigutow most recently did a re-write for Robert Ludlum’s thriller The Osterman Weekend for Summit, and adapted the book “Steve McQueen: Portrait of an American Rebel” for Brian Oliver’s Cross Creek Films. He is also developing Age Inappropriate at Universal and Irreparable Harm at HBO. Previously, he has worked on films including: Tron: Legacy, 8 Mile, Eragon, and The Ruins.

The Crow adaptation will be a gritty reboot of the iconic character Eric Draven, who returns from the grave as The Crow on a mission to avenge his wife’s murder, so that his soul can finally rest. The original film is known for its breakthrough visual style as well as its unique production design and cinematography. The project is currently in development; start of production, targeted release dates and casting to be announced.

The film is being produced by Edward R. Pressman, Jeff Most and Relativity’s CEO Ryan Kavanaugh. Relativity’s Tooley (Immortals), The Weinstein Company’s Harvey and Bob Weinstein and Farah Films’ Dan Farah (Armored) will serve as executive producers.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Please, no Channing Tatum :/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    this x100000000

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Instant pass on the movie for me if that happens. First Crow is one on my favorite movies, I'm so skeptical about this remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mots View Post
    Why? Just why? The Crow has never been good. Why would they want to make it again?
    u shut ur hooker mouth

Crow 1 was perfect, except for the whole getting shot for real thing.

All the other ones were garbage. Ranging from art-house garbage, to just shitty straight-to-dvd garbage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

After rumors of James McAvoy, Tom Hiddleston, and Alexander Skarsgard taking on the lead role of Eric Draven in The Crow remake, Relativity Media has ended up casting Luke Evans in the movie. Evans starred in The Immortals, plays the villain in Fast & Furious 6, Bard the Bowman in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, and was just cast as Dracula in Dracula Year Zero.

Out of everyone that's been recently rumored to have the role, I think he might be the best choice. This time around James O'Barr's gothic comic book will be directed by F. Javier Gutierrez. The story follows a man brutally murdered who comes back to life as an undead avenger of his and his fiancée’s murder.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/5/...-the-crow.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/the-...th-luke-evans/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Norman Reedus up for the role of James (?)
    Fans of The Crow might be happy to hear that The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus is rumored to be the latest actor to be up for a role in The Crow remake.

The news comes from Schmoes Know, which has been getting a lot of big movie scoops lately. According to their source, Reedus is the top choice of the studio to take on a character named James. There's no information on who this James character is, but if he's cast he will join actor Luke Evans who has already been cast in the lead role of Eric Draven.

The site also claims that Kristen Stewart was up for the role of Shelly in the film, but thankfully producers wised up and “shied away from the idea after hearing that she wouldn’t attract an audience.”

It seems like this remake is actually headed in the right direction. Casting Evans, possibly Reedus, and realizing Stewart is a terrible choice are all steps to turning this into a good movie.

The movie is set to be directed by Javier Gutierrez, from a script written by Cliff Dorfman. Comic creator James O'Barr is also working on the film as a consultant. The movie is supposed to start production in 2014. As of right now there is no release date.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/norman-re...he-crow-reboot
    http://schmoesknow.com/schmoes-know-...the-next-crow/

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

well, he looks the part thats for sure.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

noticed this thread, The crow original soundtrack, still close to all time best soundtrack of ever.

i mean look at this shit:

"Burn" - The Cure
    "Golgotha Tenement Blues" - Machines of Loving Grace
    "Big Empty" - Stone Temple Pilots
    "Dead Souls" - Nine Inch Nails
    "Darkness (Of Greed)" - Rage Against the Machine
    "Color Me Once" - Violent Femmes
    "Ghostrider" - Rollins Band
    "Milktoast" (also known as "Milquetoast") - Helmet
    "The Badge" - Pantera
    "Slip Slide Melting" - For Love Not Lisa
    "After the Flesh" - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
    "Snakedriver" - The Jesus and Mary Chain
    "Time Baby II" - Medicine
    "It Can't Rain All the Time" - Jane Siberry

shit was OP

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Soundtracks for most movies during that time were amazing.

The first movie is amazing, this will be awful. I hope whoever is in charge gets shot and the whole thing gets canceled

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bella Donna
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm disappointed in the amount of negativity in this thread towards the idea of remaking this movie.
    I actually enjoyed the first movie when I saw it, and the comics and the concept itself, too. I actually hope they make something good of this remake, because the sequels sucked. I also think it could be a great remake if properly done.

As for hating on the whole remake habit of hollywood; yeah, I get it. The bastards are lacking in the creativity department these days, and all they seem capable of doing is remaking old stuff or stealing it from a book or comic. Cable currently has the upper hand with awesome stuff like Breaking Bad and a ton of other great stuff that movies these days seem incapable of catching up to.

Here's to hoping I won't be disappointed with what they do.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Corin Hardy (The Hallow) replaces F. Javier Gutiérrez (who left this project to direct The Ring 3) as director, filming begins next year
    http://deadline.com/2014/12/the-crow...dy-1201307465/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Luke Evans (The Hobbit / Dracula Untold) has left the project
    http://www.thewrap.com/luke-evans-of...king-new-star/

Director says the film will be "incredibly emotional and brutal"
    http://comicbook.com/2015/01/23/the-...utal-accordin/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Luke left because he wanted more money to star, Director suggests Sam Witwer (Smallville / Being Human / SW:CW - Darth Maul / SW:FU - Starkiller) will fill the role
    http://www.blastr.com/2015-2-9/sam-w...-budget-issues

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag