BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Temperance is a fucking piece of shit. If you have gone to every tower and killed ph several times and no spawn I don't know what to say. I killed it.. on the 29th so that should be after the last maint.

PH are on 1f, same level as when you enter. That map is stupid because the 8-2 NM is on 2f, but the map is of 1f and it is pointing at the right ph.

This map is better http://images.wikia.com/ffxi/images/e/e9/HuXzoi1.jpg
    Ug, I thought that was the second floor map because of the 8-2 NM thing listed on it. Thanks for the help, I'll go to the correct floor now and kill stuff (~.~; )

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DNAval View Post
    whats the best att. food out there? don't need acc just att and maybe str if it has it if not just raw att.
    best is debatable, but in terms of raw quantity, it's basically anything with dragon meat, followed closely by cerb/hydra meat stuff, followed by bison steak

if you want att+acc, pizza
    if you want att+stp, carbonara

good overall list here:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Food_Effects/Attack

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there an easier way to target people in an Alliance? Maybe some sort of Windower plugin?

For example, when I'm healing in Abyssea I always have to spam tab until I target the right person that needs healing, which wastes a good chunk of time.
    Also Ctrl+F1-F6 and Alt+F1-F6 targets other parties' members. Not sure if this is the game itself or part of the default windower script.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What are good boots for Blade: Hi besides Hachiryu and good hat until I redo my Moogle hat again..?

Lv.99 Mjollnir
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I posted this in the best thread evar, but I really wanna know how awful and wrong my math was. More mathy people in here, right? :D

How does DA affect Kraken Club vs dual wielding a good main?
    It's always been "don't use it 'cause you gimp tp lol" ... but assuming DMG:81 mainhand, not so simple
    I want specifics if possible

Quote Originally Posted by RyaWHM View Post
    Assumptions (to make it easier):
    • KC = 4 swings avg (it's actually 3.82 single or 3.80 dw)
    • Main = 100 damage/swing avg
    • KC = 20 damage/swing avg
    • Only 1% DA, no other gear/buffs to worry about
    • 100% accuracy

-- For 1%DA, in 100 rounds (100main,100off) you'll get 1 mainhand DA and 1 offhand DA. You'll also get 99 non-DA rounds (each hand).

So starting with the 99 main and 99 off:
    99x100=9900 damage from Main
    99x20x4=7920 damage from KC
    Total = 17820 damage and 495 units of TP

-- Now for DA (1 each):

Let's do the Mainhand first:
    100 @ 1 unit of TP
    turns to
    100+100 @ 2 units of TP
    17920 damage -> 18020 damage (+100)
    496 tp units -> 497 tp units (+1)

Now for the offhand KC:
    20+20+20+20 @ 4 units of TP
    turns to
    20+20 @ 2 units of TP
    18100 damage -> 18060 damage (-40)
    501 tp units -> 499 tp units (-2)

Net changes:
    Total damage: +60 (+0.332%)
    Total TP units: -1 (-0.2%)

...so, as a percentage of total, each 1%DA is doing ~0.332% more melee damage, and giving ~0.2% less TP. Brutal (vs naked) would raise melee damage by ~1.6% and reduce TP by ~1%, but that's ignoring STP on it (which is a math nightmare for 20-hits-to-100 KC madness).

To figure out if it's worth it I guess you would need to know your damage ratio (melee:WS). If it's 1:1 then the DA helps you, but if it's 1:2 then it's hurting you? Time for someone smarter than me to make some adjustments to my math here.
    I never had a great understanding of STP vs overflow, either. Can someone math all of this for me a little more pweez? Theoretically if you had STP+100, despite using Kraken Club (overflow) you'd still get 100% roughly twice as often ... right?

This is especially interesting to me as accuracy is no longer an issue (for now; abyssea), and I can get 20+ STP from gear, and if it's actually that useful, another +20 from a 10% crit atma (don't remember the name).

If my notes are right Mjo+KC is 0/2/8/14/22/29/39/49 STP for 20 [...] 13 hits

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    What are good boots for Blade: Hi besides Hachiryu and good hat until I redo my Moogle hat again..?
    Bersail for head and lithe for feet?

Just got back into the game after nearly 1 yr break.

1) Nowadays, what's the hierarchy for DD jobs? (Outside empyrean, relics)
    2) Aside empyreans and relics, are str+attack magian weapons still considered "ok"?
    3) Heard rdm is pointless nowadays, wth?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

1) It depends heavily on your support. Dual Wield jobs do well with low support (no marches). WAR/SAM generally dominates in situations with Hasso/Retaliation and high buffs. Monk is going to be a solid option as long as you have the Nyzul WS at least.
    2) Yeah, they are. If you're on a job like WAR/SAM, I'd personally consider the PDT GAxe to be a pretty good option as well.
    3) RDM is totally pointless. I went RDM to something yesterday for the first time since getting it to 90 (Orthrus pickup group) and all I did was casting Dia 3 and proc things on my BLM/BRD mule. Their most useful spell is Cure 4. If you have enough people to bring a RDM along for enfeebling, you might as well drop the RDM and have one fewer mouth to feed.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    Just got back into the game after nearly 1 yr break.

3) Heard rdm is pointless nowadays, wth?
    We can't keep up with the healing that's required for much. Basically we're a BRD with Slow/Para/Phalanx2. Can get like 7min Haste/Refresh on others, Debuff like bosses still, and can nuke sorta OK-ish.
    Cure4 doesn't cut it inside Abyssea, and outside it's barely able to keep up. 500+ cures are nice, but alternating between that and 3 is just like beating a brick wall with a piece of cardboard that was pulled out of a river. Dumb.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does anyone else find a large amount of JPs go around without linkshells on these days?

I'm not sure if it's just a Bahamut phenomenon but it's a very common sight to behold a group of jps, often upgrading empyreans, sans linkshell.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    We can't keep up with the healing that's required for much. Basically we're a BRD with Slow/Para/Phalanx2. Can get like 7min Haste/Refresh on others, Debuff like bosses still, and can nuke sorta OK-ish.
    Cure4 doesn't cut it inside Abyssea, and outside it's barely able to keep up. 500+ cures are nice, but alternating between that and 3 is just like beating a brick wall with a piece of cardboard that was pulled out of a river. Dumb.
    This is why RDM needs to get cureV back. Get rid of the fixed enmity and make it unique to whm...but untill debuffs serve a purpose again (which they dont in abyssea), rdm is obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    This is why RDM needs to get cureV back. Get rid of the fixed enmity and make it unique to whm...but untill debuffs serve a purpose again (which they dont in abyssea), rdm is obsolete.
    Make Cure V hate calc the same as other cures.

Give to RDM/PLD/SCH.

WHM gets job trait "Divine/Healing/Soothing Blahblahblah" at lvl 60 "Reduces enmity generated from powerful cures." Maintains V and VI's current hate values.

RDM/SCH have to contend with boosting potency (which WHM destroys them in to begin with) while keeping enmity/recast under control, PLD gets a nifty new hate tool (better than nothing).

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Does anyone else find a large amount of JPs go around without linkshells on these days?

I'm not sure if it's just a Bahamut phenomenon but it's a very common sight to behold a group of jps, often upgrading empyreans, sans linkshell.
    Not sure if it's a new thing or not, waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day a lot of JPs would remove their pearl if the were in an exp party or doing some event with a PUG just to show that they were committed to the group and wouldn't let LS chat distract them.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Not sure if it's a new thing or not, waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day a lot of JPs would remove their pearl if the were in an exp party or doing some event with a PUG just to show that they were committed to the group and wouldn't let LS chat distract them.
    reminds me a lot of the "jp party only" thing. When one person has to leave the party disbands. its just a sign of respect to the rest of the party.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

atma's for drg?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Purchased a thing from Steam for FFXI w/ all the crap on it, was wondering where is the code stuff I use to make my account o not seeing it in any confirmation email and all its doing is installing FFXI.

edit -

found it after clicking around.

Woodwork Football Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What are the ideal WHM group 1 merits?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Cure Casting Time and Barspell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-it View Post
    atma's for drg?
    Apoc/RR/GN if your soloing/tanking, Apoc/RR/AaO for pure dmg probably. some people swear by VV tho.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The additional effect on Oirandori (lowers enemy critical hit evasion): is this basically just as simple as giving everyone else meleeing the target it procs on +crits? Just wanna make sure I'm not over-thinking this or something silly.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast