• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 430 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Henrik Zetterberg for the Patrick Sharp.
    This.

http://www.malextra.com/image-librar...d-leto-awi.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Tyler Kennedy for the Patrick Sharp.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks...szwfo1_500.jpg

In Lieu of my team not making it thru by the hair on their chinny chin chin (Stars), GO WINGS!! Least an ex-Star got there this season ¬_¬

E. Body
    BG Level

Obligatory post from someone who was too lazy to post in the regular season thread.

Go Sharks!

The Dazzler
    BG Level

EAST
    Caps in 5
    Flyers in 6
    Bruins in 7
    Lightning in 6 (one can always hope)

WEST
    Canucks in 5
    Sharks in 6
    Wings in 6
    Ducks in 7

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

ITT: I learn Callisto's name.

FUCKING GO PENS ZOMG

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Picks for the spreadsheet from a lurker Philly fan!
    Caps in 5
    Flyers in 6
    Bruins in 6
    Lightning in 6

Canucks in 5
    Sharks in 4
    Red Wings in 7
    Ducks in 7

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Without further adu, your annual slightly-awesome, mostly-jailbait Penguins playoff song courtesy of Moon Township High School here in Pittsburgh PA:

Last years was the original and that was pretty epic - this one seems drawn out and forced at times, but the choreography and time they put into this one was outstanding. Choreographing high school students to do underwater pool stunts? Sick. A lot more students, a lot more going on in this one but the music choices are disappointing. Probably should've stuck with 1 song as opposed to two. Same question as last year though - does this school not have a dress code? Does their superintendent not give a fuck?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Players to watch:

Roberto Luongo(G, VAN): Luongo has been a bit of a goat for the Canucks the last several years, with his typically stellar play many times taking a turn for the worse come the playoffs. He appears to be more relaxed and rested this year, so this series may be the one that fully adds or removes the 'playoff choker' label.

He, like most goalies, is also well-known for his highly-superstitious pregame routines, such as always having the same pasta lunch, always arriving to the arena two hours before the game so he can carry out his precise warmup ritual, and always triple-checking NHL.com to make sure that Dustin Byfuglien still is not on the Chicago roster.
    Oh man did I laugh at my desk rather quite loudly at the last line lol.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Recalled goaltenders Thomas McCollum and Jordan Pearce, defensemen Travis Ehrhardt, Doug Janik, Brian Lashoff, Derek Meech, Logan Pyett and Brendan Smith, and forwards Joakim Andersson, Cory Emmerton, Ilari Filppula, Jan Mursak, Francis Pare, Brent Raedeke and Tomas Tatar from Grand Rapids (AHL).
    Woo Black Aces. Time to make the fastest line in the world, Draper/Helm/Mursak, and reunite the Filppula brothers!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Without further adu, your annual slightly-awesome, mostly-jailbait Penguins playoff song courtesy of Moon Township High School here in Pittsburgh PA:

video

Last years was the original and that was pretty epic - this one seems drawn out and forced at times, but the choreography and time they put into this one was outstanding. Choreographing high school students to do underwater pool stunts? Sick. A lot more students, a lot more going on in this one but the music choices are disappointing. Probably should've stuck with 1 song as opposed to two. Same question as last year though - does this school not have a dress code? Does their superintendent not give a fuck?
    As a graduate of Plum High School, I can proudly say that they pretty much didn't (albeit that was seven years ago). Oh wait, no flip-flops. Girls used to get all bent out of shape over that.

As for the actual video, w/e. It was cooler last year when it was original.

Pens in 3.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Woo Black Aces. Time to make the fastest line in the world, Draper/Helm/Mursak, and reunite the Filppula brothers!
    Filppula is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. Glad to see his brother being called up.

sauce
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Great writeup, Cally!

And I went to middle school and 9th grade at Plum (would have been class of '96), and agree that last years was much better. But hey, they got iceburgh this year. Can't hate on that.

Lots of recalls from around the league, sharks, hawks, 'Nucks, and red wings(recalled like 8 people) in particular. Garnet Excelby in a Hawks jersey?(lol)

Caps F Mike Knuble resigned for a 2m 1y extension

Minnesota wild fire head coach Todd Richards.

COME ON WEDNESDAY! HURRY UP ALREADY!

Le double post

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I can't decide if I want to go to the beer garden this Friday, or go to the Flying Puck to watch the Rangers game, then the Chicago game.

Who am I kidding? I know I'm going to watch the games.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Still deciding where to watch game 1. At a bar DT or at home on the 60'. Hoping to get 2 tixs to Fridays game for $150. Will find out this afternoon.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I might get some heat, but I'll try to back up my predictions and hope they fall thru.

Washington in 6 (King will steal a game or 2, but Rangers lost some key players)
    Buffalo in 5 (Philly has no goaltending, and most of their top players are missing/playing hurt)
    Montreal in 6 (Boston chokes in pressure games (3-11 when games move past regulation), blew 3-0 series lead to philly last year, as well as 3-0 game 7 lead, Thomas is human against montreal (3.05 GAA, 9.06 SV%), Montreal won season series, Boston's gonna goon it up and fail like they always do, homer pick)
    Pittsburgh in 5

Chicago in 6 (I wouldnt be surprised to see an upset. Any other team, and I say Vancouver in 5...but getting eliminated by this team twice in two years will sit in their head)
    SJ in 5
    Phoenix in 6 (PHX actually gave Detroit a challenge last year when they should have been swept, they'll know better now)
    Anaheim in 5

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Per the hockey gods, I'm not making picks. Have to say all of these series are going to be fucking awesome though.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Per the hockey gods, I'm not making picks. Have to say all of these series are going to be fucking awesome though.
    I thought your powers of jinx didn't work during commercials and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Still deciding where to watch game 1. At a bar DT or at home on the 60'. Hoping to get 2 tixs to Fridays game for $150. Will find out this afternoon.
    What section will you be in for Fridays game? I'll be in section 321. If you get tix we should totally meet up in a beer line and slam a 12 dollar beer in celebration of the nucks.

Edit: Found a decent site for picking playoff brackets. If anyone finds a better one please post it. Here's mine: http://www.cuppick.com/user/index/534660427

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 430 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast