• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 430 of 430 FirstFirst ... 380 420 428 429 430

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Toronto's going to be dangerous this year, if Reimer can keep his form from last season. Reimer went 20-10-5 in 37 games with 3 shutouts, .921 (11th in the league) SV% and 2.60 GAA (26th...). Up front is another story, but you never know with Burke at the helm.

Montreal, whether you want to believe it or not, was the biggest threat to Boston in the post season, and they were missing more key players than Boston was. Montreal was basically missing its top two D (Georges and Markov) for most of the season, and Pacioretty was exceeding expectations and playing exceptionally well with Gomez+Gionta before Chara killed him. Hopefully Carey Price is going to keep his form from last season as well.

Ottawa...yeah, I think we can all agree they're fucked lol.

I dont know whats happening with Buffalo, I dont get how they got eliminated by that Flyers team tbh.
    Realistically speaking, if Toronto makes the playoffs, it'll be 7th or 8th. The forward crop is going to be OK, but with players like Lupul and MacArthur top 2 lines, they're never going to be an extreme threat. Toronto is also missing a true center, something I'm not convinced is going to be fixed in the short term.

Montreal is a perennial number #6-7 team. They have a decent team with overpaid, undersized players with no true prospects. They're pretty out of luck for the long term.

Ottawa is going to be a great team in five years, once their AHL players graduate to the NHL.

Buffalo is going to be OK this year as long as Roy comes back healthy. Especially with players like Ennis and Gerbe getting better, though they are very tiny.

Not only do I predict that Boston makes the playoffs, but that they'll win the cup again next year. I believe they have the talent in every area to do so. So how about this: bet me that Boston makes the playoffs, and loser gets permabanned from the hockey forums.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If boston pulls a Hawks and squeaks in, I cant double or nothing that they get eliminated first round.

Sharks winning it all next year.

E. Body
    BG Level

Toronto dangerous
    lol, those 2 words in the same sentence.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait, you think they'll take the division ?!?
    Tough to say who the favorite is until the rosters start to shake out, but I like Boston's returning players the best and they should have the coin to retain Marchand even if someone else throws an offer sheet at him. 2:1 seems reasonable as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Caps winning it all next year.
    ^

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Red Wings signing another 40 year old next year
    ^

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I bet the Habs are more in danger of missing the playoffs next year than the Bruins.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Habs will do well if Price can keep playing like he did. I expect them to make it in, but again around the #6 spot.

Don't worry about Boston or any other teams though....my 'Peg team will take the East

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I bet the Habs are more in danger of missing the playoffs next year than the Bruins.
    Both depend a lot on their goaltenders, but this statement is probably true. Most interesting will be to see what Montreal does with their defense, if Markov will be back and if he can play anything close to a full season.

edit, in other news Don Cherry is still awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO7dgQgXrCA

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    ^

WHYYYYYYYYY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!

edit: well still a meh, from me.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I am actually not against the Wings signing Jagr if the opportunity really does exist, there is a lot of cap room even if they spend 7m+ re-signing Ericsson or someone similar and getting one of the bigger UFA d-men. Plus it gives everyone the chance to keep making old jokes for another season!

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

FORWARDS
    Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.500m)
    Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
    Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
    Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.100m)
    / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

DEFENSEMEN
    Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.500m)
    Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.000m)
    Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
    Shane O'Brien ($1.700m)

GOALTENDERS
    Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $63,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,492,044; BONUSES: $0
    CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,007,956

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Jagr as a line would be so much fun to watch.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Mmm. Next few months are fun. Honestly the worst part is the pre-season. Next few months draft picks, UFA's and trades make waking up and checking sports sites a great way to start the day.

I don't expect any major changes in terms of teams making the playoffs. Only team i might see make it are the Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    I am actually not against the Wings signing Jagr if the opportunity really does exist, there is a lot of cap room even if they spend 7m+ re-signing Ericsson or someone similar and getting one of the bigger UFA d-men. Plus it gives everyone the chance to keep making old jokes for another season!
    The only problem i can see with this is where we stand with our coaching, while Jagr would be an interesting part of the team, i don't want another Modano on our hands. i'm going to be very hesitant with getting any more aging vets until i know whats going on 100% with our UFA (I'll miss you Draper & Osgood).

What I'm most concerned with is not who we can sign to the team (as we can pretty much pick and choose with out space) but rather who are we going to get for out coaching positions that are left wide and open. id be happy if Lidstrom stepped up and tried his hand at coaching, but i don't see it happening this year.

for me it really depends who we shove in to the coaching possessions before i know who would be a half way decent fit in to the team.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I would just like to point out that every year the Leafs do pretty good down the stretch, giving their fans hope for the next season, only to crush their dreams. It's tradition.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    I would just like to point out that every year the Leafs do pretty good down the stretch, giving their fans hope for the next season, only to crush their dreams. It's tradition.
    That salary cap thing is a bitch.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level