• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly all of these series should be close, the only one I didn't have to think about at all was Detroit advancing (which probably means Phoenix will pull off a miracle, lol.) A lot of them come down to one or two players IMO. The Philly and Anaheim goalie carousels, J.Staal/Fleury, Sharks top line, etc.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Zetterberg won't be playing in the first game and there is some murmering he won't play in the first round at all.

Good news for Palin, Crawford was fired today.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559424

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSS

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is that actually good news? All these coaches are getting a raw deal. In October not many people thought Dallas could be in the playoff hunt. DeBoer had nothing to work with in Florida and was only 4 games under .500 since he took over. Clouston actually had a winning record in Ottawa, he was just a victim of unrealistic expectations this season. I dunno, I hate the knee-jerk reaction to missing the postseason and firing a coach instead of looking at your GM/roster makeup and realizing it's pretty hard to get in, especially in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Is that actually good news? All these coaches are getting a raw deal. In October not many people thought Dallas could be in the playoff hunt. DeBoer had nothing to work with in Florida and was only 4 games under .500 since he took over. Clouston actually had a winning record in Ottawa, he was just a victim of unrealistic expectations this season. I dunno, I hate the knee-jerk reaction to missing the postseason and firing a coach instead of looking at your GM/roster makeup and realizing it's pretty hard to get in, especially in the West.
    The only coach that truly should have been fired was Wilson, yet he keeps his job. WOOOO

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Neuvirth to get the start tomorrow WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

http://www.csnwashington.com/04/12/1...375&feedID=274

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Clouston getting canned would be fine without the Murray extension, if they just totally cleaned house...making him the goat for a terrible GM sucks though. Look how much Calgary turned around with Sutter gone...

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

also has there been any actual word on Hiller? I thought he was cleared to play

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Last I saw he backed up Ellis's last start or two but still wasn't 100%. Ellis should start game 1 and after that it could be anybody. Emery could be close too.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I read on NHL.com that he might be ready to go for the first game, but if not, it'll be Ellis. It's a game day decision.

BG Level

Some really good input as to why Murray is still the GM of Ottawa. Basically signing Anderson saved his job.

Another interesting tidbit from the article on Arnott and the Capitals.

For all the talk about Washington's improved system, Jason Arnott admitted he was shocked at how the Capitals looked without the puck during his first game with them. "I turned to someone and asked, 'Is this the way we play?'" he said last week. "I was new, but I decided to say something. You don't win the Stanley Cup like that."
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

also inb4 Dallas hiring Todd Richards

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some really good input as to why Murray is still the GM of Ottawa. Basically signing Anderson saved his job.

Another interesting tidbit from the article on Arnott and the Capitals.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html
    Obviously he's not familiar with the "Sasha" position which is where the coach wants Ovie or Semin to float around the defensive zone blue line until the other four guys get control of the puck.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Picks spreadsheet updated, anyone who said something like "7 games, coin toss" got put down for no pick in that series. Which means you are automatically wrong. I'll be posting compilation images some time tomorrow, and will update any changes that get posted before the first game starts.

Still waiting on picks from all of the Chicago fans!

Also just realized this is Phoenix's last chance to ever win the cup, as it is the last year they will ever be in the playoffs.
    Spoiler: show
    They won't be in Phoenix next year

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

"Everyone's been gunning for us ever since we won," said star forward Patrick Kane, who convinced his barber to open the shop after hours on Sunday night in order to bring his playoff mullet back following the Wild's upset win.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=559308

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

BG Level

Ok goin to revise my picks for the first round.

East
    Washington in 6
    Sabres in 7
    Boston in 6
    Pittsburgh in 7

West
    Canucks in 6
    Detroit in 7
    Nashville in 6
    San Jose in 5

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

East:
    Washington in 5
    Philadelphia in 5
    Boston in 6
    Lightning in 6

West:
    Canucks in 6 (as much as it pains me to say this...)
    Sharks in 6
    Coyotes in 7
    Ducks in 5

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    In this case, yes. Crawford doesn't know how to coach at the NHL level anymore. He's only ever won with a stacked team and that was 15 years ago.

In some respects he's not a terrible coach but he makes some very odd decisions and seems to have a difficult time learning from poor decisions. His preference for certain players over others, either in terms of ice time or healthy scratch/in the lineup, were questionable. The team also had a tendency to not play their best until they were kicked in the teeth. One of the most annoying things for me was that he would put in the 4th line right after goals scored for and goals scored against, and they got scored on or gave up prime scoring chances in these circumstances far too often (not learning from poor decisions).

For example, Jeff Woywitka was given more EV ice time per game than the following players:

Tyutin
    Orpik
    Murray
    Pietrangelo
    Hannan
    Myers
    Lidstrom
    Z. Michalek
    Rafalski
    Oduya
    Subban
    Meszaros
    Jovanovski
    Kulikov
    Hjalmarsson
    Volchenkov
    Kubina
    Klesla
    Timonen
    Pronger

The worst thing about it all was that Crawford wasn't as advertised. He was brought in to be an offensive minded coach who wouldn't coddle the players and would hold them accountable if they fucked up. He didn't do any of that. He must of have taken a Psych 101 class and learned that positive reinforcement works better than negative, but he never used anger or disappointment properly with our group of players. Every game, no matter how terrible, he would always look at the positives and say "we have to move on." There was 0 evidence of learning from mistakes or using harsh lessons to improve the team. No loss was ever something that the team could build from by learning their weaknesses. It was alawys forgotten and bad habits were reinforced.

Not only that, but he abandoned his uptempo offensive system early in the season and our forecheck disappeared. Instead we started playing psuedotrap and our O suffered for it. Basically nothing he did was what he was brought in to do.

Good riddance.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

2 goalies tied or exceeded Brett Lebda in points this year. 3 more finished one point behind him.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    Not only that, but he abandoned his uptempo offensive system early in the season and our forecheck disappeared. Instead we started playing psuedotrap and our O suffered for it. Basically nothing he did was what he was brought in to do.

Good riddance.
    Seems to be a common theme for struggling teams. Ackbar wins again.

Also, those TOI stats, are they total or average per game? I know we relied on Hannan a fuckton after Green went down but not sure about his TOI in Colorado.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast