+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Apartment told somebody we complained about them and now being threatened.

So we moved into our new place about two weeks ago, all was great. Person moved in below us last week and they've been playing they're bass really loud and its practically constant. We put a polite note on their door just simply asking them to turn it down or we'll file a complaint with management.

The proceeded to play the music loud so I did in fact make a complaint to management. They contacted him and talked to him she told me, well that nite the same note I left him a couple days prior he wrote back on it bitching me out and came and put it on my door around 1030 at nite and banged on the door and ran back downstairs, ensuring that i'd look at it.

so clearly since he knew where to return the letter too somebody told him.

skip to tonite and it was up so loud it was shaking the floor, so me being childish, i kicked the floor to let him know "hey fucker we can hear your shit" and he ran upstairs and proceeded to curse me out and called my wife a bitch and that we need to get a life and leave him the fuck alone or the next time he came back we'd "be sorry" as cliche as that sounds. well he had all of the floor of the complex looking outside their doors and he proceeded to just yell at me, all the while I stayed calm and collected. I called the cops and they talked to him and of course like anybody would do he told the cops that he overreacted and that he wouldnt dare hurt anybody, and that was the end of it.

well i call bullshit, even if he's serious, the fact that management told him we complained about him pissed him the fuck off and now that he threatened us, I feel like management should move us to a different building. has anybody ever heard of that happening before or any suggestions? the cops even suggested getting management to move us if we feel that we're in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    So we moved into our new place about two weeks ago, all was great. Person moved in below us last week and they've been playing they're bass really loud and its practically constant. We put a polite note on their door just simply asking them to turn it down or we'll file a complaint with management.

The proceeded to play the music loud so I did in fact make a complaint to management. They contacted him and talked to him she told me, well that nite the same note I left him a couple days prior he wrote back on it bitching me out and came and put it on my door around 1030 at nite and banged on the door and ran back downstairs, ensuring that i'd look at it.

so clearly since he knew where to return the letter too somebody told him.

skip to tonite and it was up so loud it was shaking the floor, so me being childish, i kicked the floor to let him know "hey fucker we can hear your shit" and he ran upstairs and proceeded to curse me out and called my wife a bitch and that we need to get a life and leave him the fuck alone or the next time he came back we'd "be sorry" as cliche as that sounds. well he had all of the floor of the complex looking outside their doors and he proceeded to just yell at me, all the while I stayed calm and collected. I called the cops and they talked to him and of course like anybody would do he told the cops that he overreacted and that he wouldnt dare hurt anybody, and that was the end of it.

well i call bullshit, even if he's serious, the fact that management told him we complained about him pissed him the fuck off and now that he threatened us, I feel like management should move us to a different building. has anybody ever heard of that happening before or any suggestions? the cops even suggested getting management to move us if we feel that we're in danger.
    You did a good thing filing the police report because now if something does happen or you feel threatened you have it on file that he admitted to the threatening. Not to mention this only adds more reason for the management to believe he is more of a liability then an actual client if he is threatening his other tenants that have a more stable lifestyle. In addition if noise persists video record so you can have it proven that you can hear the audio from your apartment. The more evidence you gather on this guy the more he's less likely to do anything or if something does happen more likely he'll get kicked out.

In the future never threaten to call management immediately, try to act more friendly.(I'm assuming you didn't and the first warning was the formal I'm gonna tell landlord) If he doesn't listen or says he listens and doesn't then you can either give a second warning or threaten with management. You want to see if there is some sort of friendly agreement you can come to before being authoritative otherwise people respond pretty negatively.

I have the same issue but the bass player lives above me, however they're normally really chill when I say yo trying to sleep turn down plz. Every faggot with a bass and an amp thinks they should blast it and that they're music is wonderful.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I could make you a bomb that's untraceable...blow up his car etc...

You could fight fire with fire, learn to play the base, get better than him, then smash him over the face with it.

Honestly you did everything your supposed to. If it happens again, I'd request the apartment complex move HIM, not you. Fuck man you just moved in, moving sucks (heavy boxes and what not, couches, stupid dressers that weight 1800lbs that her "grandmothers friend gave her, and passed down to her so she's not getting rid of it".
    you moving should be an option only if the apartment complex is being total dick shits, last i checked there's quiet times in most places like that and they start around 8 i think? anyway...
    PM for bomb

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post

Honestly you did everything your supposed to. If it happens again, I'd request the apartment complex move HIM, not you. Fuck man you just moved in, moving sucks
    yea I thought of that too but he scared the hell outta my wife tonite, him moving wouldnt change the fact that he knows where we are still and it'd piss him off even more seeing how he just moved in as well. if it made her worries go away I could care less about moving again honestly.

Kill him. It's really the only possible solution?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

basically what everyone said, but out of curiosity what stance did the management give when you told them? Some have rules about music, others take the stance that unless it's illegal try to handle it yourself.

Be nice to know what they said about it to see where you should go next with it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

yea only thing i heard back from management is that "we talked to them" in an abrupt email...

just seems like commons sense that you wouldnt mention who exactly complained. painted a target on me

Tamale Baby
    Groundskeeper of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    This^

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Obtain a copy of the police report, goto court on Monday and try to file a restraining order "for the well being, and protection of your family"

Present restraining order to management of your building, and they would have to move one of you into a new building.

Assanginator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Truth.

I could forge you a sword that's untraceable...cut off his genitalia etc...

<text>

PM for sword

Also: Best bet is to avoid conflict. If he flies off the handle like that, you really don't know what he's capable of.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Unfortunately, you can't stop crazy people from being crazy. If the guy is stupid enough to actually get violent, then he's going to face the consequences of his actions. The problem is, that isn't going to undo whatever violence he performed. If you take the bait and escalate to violence yourself, then you too will face the consequences.

My advice: keep the pressure on him via your apartment manager and the police, then take whatever preventative measures you can to protect yourself from whatever idiocy this guy might try. Keep your doors, windows, and cars locked. Get yourself and your wife some Pepperspray/mace and/or a pocket knife or something to defend yourself if he tries to confront you outside. There are a lot of security options you can use to protect yourself and your property, and while they aren't free, and ideally you shouldn't HAVE to buy that kinda stuff, I think that in the long run, they're a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Obtain a copy of the police report, goto court on Monday and try to file a restraining order "for the well being, and protection of your family"

Present restraining order to management of your building, and they would have to move one of you into a new building.
    Lol that's actually a neat trick and would probably work really well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post

I'm gonna try this, can a restraining order be attained in any county or in the county that you live in. I have an ex who's dad is the judge back in my hometown I could prolly go to if it can be attained anywhere...

thx for this, i may try this

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FyMLkNLujGo/hqdefault.jpg

hire this guy then get the fuck out the way

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm gonna try this, can a restraining order be attained in any county or in the county that you live in. I have an ex who's dad is the judge back in my hometown I could prolly go to if it can be attained anywhere...

thx for this, i may try this
    It shold be only the county you live in. Since usually the court/law officer kind of very sensitive if the officer in other county try to get in charge in their responsible area. But you may asked your ex's dad some detail before go to the court to get the warrant too, it will help anyway

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

just seems like commons sense that you wouldn't mention who exactly complained. painted a target on me
    actually, pretty much all building managers tell the person who complained about them. it makes life interesting.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't stop crazy people from being crazy. If the guy is stupid enough to actually get violent, then he's going to face the consequences of his actions. The problem is, that isn't going to undo whatever violence he performed. If you take the bait and escalate to violence yourself, then you too will face the consequences.

My advice: keep the pressure on him via your apartment manager and the police, then take whatever preventative measures you can to protect yourself from whatever idiocy this guy might try. Keep your doors, windows, and cars locked. Get yourself and your wife some Pepperspray/mace and/or a pocket knife or something to defend yourself if he tries to confront you outside. There are a lot of security options you can use to protect yourself and your property, and while they aren't free, and ideally you shouldn't HAVE to buy that kinda stuff, I think that in the long run, they're a good investment.
    I see a lot of you telling him to buy a lot of nonsense. What I don't see is a sentence telling him to get a gun.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Shoulda stomped the shit out of his ass when he came up on your door step talkin that bullshit

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Putting a letter on his door instead of knocking on it and having a conversation about the noise was really passive-aggressive and childish. I think if you had done that to begin with, he wouldn't have yelled at you and cursed you out. Nothing you can do about that now, though. I think that everything after that has been reasonable and sound, so just make sure the police and management are aware of every incident between you and him, and you should be fine.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

If someone ever left me a note on my door asking me to turn down my music I'd play it louder. If that fucker ever stomped and yelled at me through my ceiling I'd run up to his door and tell him he'd be sorry if he tried it again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast