+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Emotional reaction     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    This has been posted before, but it gets me everytime.

It's been just about over a year since I quit FFXI, and watching this vid is just what I need I miss XI so bad, but then again it was time to move on for me, so this vid will do just fine =) And what comes to the OP video, I never fully understood it's content until now...

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Some of the best memories I have are in DA wayyyy back in the day when Fafnir actually meant something lol. Stuff like this used to be one of the funnest things to do in the game~ /cry no more real Fafnirs

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Anyone have the old BG videos (that maybe ondori?) made a long long time ago? I remember watching them over and over as a nooblet wishing I could get my ranger to 75. ._.

There was an Aspid video, a Nidhogg video, a Tiamat video, and I think a few sky videos....If someone has them (other than on youtube)....they should PM me! I'd give anything to have .wmv files of those.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    Some of the best memories I have are in DA wayyyy back in the day when Fafnir actually meant something lol. Stuff like this used to be one of the funnest things to do in the game~ /cry no more real Fafnirs

Spoiler: show
    Holy shit @ the old giglamesh names in that video. That was between 2007-2008 I'd guess? Dammit I miss my old server/friends now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow i havent noticed half the stuff in that scenery video before. No idea those moving mushroom things at around 7:03 existed or that you can watch ifrits Cauldron erupt. and what area is that at around 8:05? i dont even reconise it.
    Same with the aht urgan boat but i have only ever been on it 2 or 3 times.
    I can't post links here yet but you guys should go on youtube and check out my "where the hell is mak" video. (seach where the hell is matt ff11)

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Posted for ya
    Edit GDI stupid copy paste you've failed me for the last time

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If it's old school nostalgia time:

I had almost forgotten. Oh god, so amazing.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I still like to throw out an /annoyingnoise28 every once in a while in /p but no one ever gets the reference.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh God. I can only imagine the blistings that would be had if someone with a 4-hit build had a sound play every time they WS.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

All it takes for me is Ranfaure and I am instantly elbow dropped by our pal nostalgia. But loads of other themes do that to me as well just Ronfaure has a bigger impact the fact it's quite a slow and emotional track makes it worse ahaha, I reminisce about the old times regarding FFXI a lot, even today. I quit a year a go.

There is lots of reasons why especially nowadays when I log onto Skype after work and everyone I used to socialize with back in those days are offline it really hits home. I miss the 'old times' instantly and find myself delving into the past, I played with 3 other IRL friends who I still speak to now since we where 14-15. We are all in our 20s now busy with work and other responsibilities. It's fucking surreal when I think back the hours all 4 of us used to dump into that game, the all-night brenner matches and 4AM Fafnir's. The roaring laughter in skype/vent during Limbus/Sky/Sea being british we have quite foul humor so when we used to play with other nationalities we used to rope them in our antics it was fun lol. And the epic moments in Nyzul!

I look back at other times I had and think, my god. I fucking love this game. Although I don't play it anymore I will never deny the love and passion I had and have for this title, no matter where I go/do in the MMO world or in life I will never forget it, just like a usual amazing chapter in our lives. Best 6 years ever! I just hope other people get to experience the joys I have through a single game title.

I could be here for days reminiscing about the good times but that's another story for another thread, yes. I am extremely emotional

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

OP is a severe pussy, especially considering 90% of what occurred in that initial FMV wasn't even in the game; much of it still isn't.

That said, the most "gripping" thing I've seen yet is the Cutscene preceeding defeating the shadow lord in the vanilla game. Seeing Raogrimm, exhausted after his fight with us and impaled by the AAs, standing up, gathering up more energy, transforming again, and holding them off for a goodly bit of time to save our sorry hides (he didn't do it for redemption), filled me with about as much frothing hatred towards a set of NPCs as you're going to get from me. I was hungry to quest up and take the fight to them, and I was happy to get Divine Might done without the use of BLM spamming; fighting them head on with a balanced alliance and beating the piss out of them.

The various grievances I had with the game drained most of my emotion from it, but what little remains still has warm feelings towards that cutscene, and towards the theme that played during it, of which was only heard once in the entire game, if I'm not mistaken.

Kunkkaaaaaaa!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The "little ffxi story" gets me every time. I also didn't know about half that scenery stuff and I played for 7 years, so much detail! Does anyone from asura or otherwise remember the "Scrubs" videos?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My biggest emotional response is always when I bring up my PoL friendslist, and scroll through the "Offline" players
    About once a year the nostalgia gets to me and I send most of them a PoL message. Surprisingly, I have actually had people respond, sometimes YEARS later lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

My shell is nice and warm I like it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4