• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I honestly think it's less United was awesome and more Schalke had not played anyone even close to an "elite" level side like a Madrid, Barca, United, or even Chelsea / Arsenal. Lyon was their toughest opponent in the group stage and then Valencia and an Inter side that's a wreck defensively in the knockout rounds. The Schalke story was nice but pretty sure anyone who knows anything about footy expected it to end.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It reminds me of Liverpool doing so well in Europe back in 05 when they managed to win it after being down 3-0 at half time. Except Liverpool were cosntantly tested to the finals. I agree, Schalke have not had a team that have tested them like United. This years final is going to be a classic regardless of who wins the overall tie of Madrid - Barca... either of them going against United at Wembley will be amazing. I sort of hope to see a Mourinho vs Fergie encounter though just because of the history.

Boring so far (Madrid-Barça).

Its not that there are no goals, they arent keeping the same intensity they did during the La Copa del Rey match. Of course, its a different story since this time its 180 mins instead of 90 and they know each other really, really well, but I hope they push it more this second half and more interesting moves take place.

It got a little more interesting ... still kind of saddened that Barca are looking more like a dirty Real team with all the dives. IMO.

Daaaamn Messi.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That second goal by Messi was awesome. Madrid really have their work cut out for them in the second leg.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Complete divefest with a joke decision of a red card imo.

I think by that point the pressure really had affected the ref. Replay shows it was a joke, i agree, but on the pitch had it been any other game it would have just been 'the way things go'. Interested to see if Jose brings up poor refereeing after his jab at Pep earlier this week =P

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The fact it was a straight red too made it even more silly. Oh well, ref pressure and all that, it always boils down to the same arguments. Ironic both teams had that 'Respect the Ref' logo stitched onto their shirts.

That is the most failing idea in football ever really. I rarely see a card handed out for dissent. It happens but compared to the amount of whining... not nearly enough.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Weekend of Premiership matches to look forward to!

Blackburn vs Bolton
    Blackpool vs Stoke
    Sunderland vs Fulham
    West Brom vs Aston Villa
    Wigan vs Everton
    Chelsea vs Tottenham
    Birmingham vs Wolverhampton
    Liverpool vs Newcastle
    Arsenal vs Man Utd
    Man City vs West Ham

Imo this is a huge weekend in terms of the final premiership standings. The likes of West Ham need to win to have a chance of stayig up, while Chelsea and Arsenal need to win with an outside chance ot getting away with robbery and beating United to the title. Arsenal vs Utd and Liverpool/ Newcastle are the games I am gonna be catching this weekend for sure. Also, I secretly hope West Ham desroy Man City.

Goddamn you Chelsea. I really am not sure how I feel about either one of their goals. The linesman on the first was nowhere near an angle that would have let him make that call. Done is done. Tomorrow's game is going to be exciting. Next weekend's Man U v Chelsea is of course one to watch as well. Hotspur could still nab that 4th place spot I suppose... as long as West Ham does indeed win tomorrow.

Old Merits
    BG Level

worst day ever, how the fuck can that linesman spot a ball going over the line from where he was even though it didn't and couldn't even notice Kalou being offside??? crap officials 1- spurs 0, bah

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Goddamn you Chelsea. I really am not sure how I feel about either one of their goals. The linesman on the first was nowhere near an angle that would have let him make that call. Done is done. Tomorrow's game is going to be exciting. Next weekend's Man U v Chelsea is of course one to watch as well. Hotspur could still nab that 4th place spot I suppose... as long as West Ham does indeed win tomorrow.

Lol doubt it, i'm hoping Liverpool can jump spurs and finish 5th, that'd be pretty impressive considering we where 19th before christmas lol. Spurs still have to go to Anfield and play Liverpool aswell as having to play Man City, and Liverpool's final games don't look too difficult (bar the spurs game) aslong as we make sure we take all 3 points from the other games we can hopefully nab 5th.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

double post :/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah with Paul Konchesky gone anything is possible

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

hoping arsenal beat united today, dunno how united are top of the league with their current squad, guess its a testament to ferguson.

obviously personally dislike united, used to love barca, but after the way they progressing past arsenal/real, i don't know who i'd like to win... madrdid!(nevergonnahappen)

I AM a fan of United, so I am biased but I am quite impressed with Giggs this season. For an 'old man' he is showing amazing form. Much like Raul for Shalke. In addition I love watching Hernandez (Chicharito) play and I think if he continues playing the way he has been in big matches... he is going to be a hell of a pairing with Rooney.

EDIT: Goddamn when Arsenal are clicking... their passing is beautiful. Sadly all it usually takes is a goal against them to crush them for the rest of the game. But so far Man United aren't even IN this game.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Vidic seems to have a good hand on things in this match eh? Haha. Pretty tame match so far, Liverpool match was awesome, I wish Dalglish came in earlier this season we may be talking about a much different end to this season.

That Aaron Ramsey. Sheesh. Fabrewho?