• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Soccer/Football 2011-12 (Premier League, La Liga, Champ. League, et all)

Holy hell... is anyone watching the Copa del Rey? Madness. Such a great classico!! (with two more (CL) of four (La Liga and today's Copa) this month to go).

The Copa del Rey final was a hell of a match. I am sorry Barça ended up losing even though they got their game together and did a good second half (iirc, you were partial to them over RM, right?). Its awesome to know RM has developed a lot as a team and can put a fight, the first clásico of this season was an ownage by Barça, 5-0. On the other hand, La Liga #1 spot is pretty much sealed, save some unlikely surprises, as its too much of a gap between both teams and RM actually has way harder matches ahead. Really looking forward to the Champions, another two clásicos, and then we got Manchester and the Schalke... who would have thought they would get this far, lol. Very happy for Raul as he is still writing his own history in Europe.

Raul is a machine, and yes I was hoping Barça would be the ones raising the Copa! All said though that was a damn fine game with so many near misses for Real. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Such an amazing game start to finish. Like you said the first Classico was so very one sided. It was a very tight Barça team against a Real group that had no idea how to play together. They are definitely nowhere near as cohesive as Barça but they are playing together so so much better. It lends to a very beautiful game.

I thought this past weekend's Classico was ok, though I feel that Barça deserved the win there and Real got a bit lucky in the end to get the draw. I think the Champion's League Classicos are going to be more like today's game. As long as the first game isn't a blow out, i think both games have the potential to be amazing.

Back to Raul, it truly is just a great sight to see. Him still tearing things up and scoring when his team needs it most. Sitting 9th in goals for Bundesliga, with a 1-3 goal difference between the top 3 or 4 is amazing for him. 8th in CL goals isn't bad either. The man can still play and I will admit, I was very sad to see him retire anywhere other than Real. He is and will probably always be my brother's favorite player and I can see why.

Add to all that above and I am really liking the PL top teams this year. It isn't an out and out blow out at the top, and there is actually still quite a bit of competition for next year's CL spots. Tottenham and Man City really seem to want one of them. Speaking of Man City... they made the Derby FA Cup Final against Man U look easy. Bastards...

I am still dreaming of seeing Chelsea finish 4th or 5th too. It is still a glorious possibility.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

According to reports Sergio Ramos dropped the Copa del Rey from the team bus as they celebrated. The bus then ran over the cup and it was too damaged to appear in the celebrations at the Plaza de Cibeles in Madrid.

AHAHAHA! Fucking Ramos...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Haha, I was wondering when someone would eventually do that after a cup win. I cannot think of anyone in recent memory who has did that.

Arsenal - Tottenham last night was a excellent match also; Arsenal have for sure blew any chance of pipping United to the Premiership. Also probably leaves Liverpool 0 chance of getting the 4th spot though

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ramos dropping the cup was pretty funny. I'm going to the CL final this year in London so really hope Madrid will make the final, seeing another Barca - United final would be cool only to see Messi in person on the biggest stage except for maybe the WC final.

Ah yes, 'Reapers'
    BG Level

I'm currently living in Spain and was with my partner and her family last night during the game. Her father is a very big Barcelona fan so it wasn't a very fun evening for him, but seeing that vid of the cup being dropped is sure to brighten his mood slightly~
    And getting to sleep wasn't too easy, I don't think the honking of car horns stopped until 6am...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Think it is safe to say Manchester United have clinched this season's Premiership, haha. I honestly hope Liverpool buy in a couple of new defenders/midfielders in the summer and challenges for the title next season; right now aside from Manchester United we have the best record in the league in 2011. If only we didn't have such a horrible start with Roy under the helm...

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just hope Manchester City don't blow it again and end up in 5th. Missing out on Champions league again after all the money they've spent would be a disaster.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It would really take a major fuck up for them to lose that spot at this point in the season. The only major change I see happening within the top 5 is Liverpool overtaking Spurs considering they have to go to Anfield still and I doubt anyone wants to go there currently with their form.

EDIT: Just finished watching them against Birmingham today, 5-0 thrashing, was a great game!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mellema View Post
    I just hope Manchester City don't blow it again and end up in 5th. Missing out on Champions league again after all the money they've spent would be a disaster.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Please tell me you're taking the piss, city are a fucking horrible shit club with despicable fans and absolute wankstains for players, hope they implode

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like you still can't throw money at the Prem title it seems, what a shock. They might come close in the next couple of seasons if they keep the same squad/coach.

Tagus

Well... I don't know if anybody here is at the chicago fire game tonight, but i'm scheduled to attempt to score on the mascot at halftime in a sumo suit... be prepared for magnificence

Tagus

I suppose I should update this by saying we never got out onto the field, because the stadium rep actually got us lost below the stands. It was pretty disappointing! God I hate that fucking idiot infested heap-of-shit group of employees... the only advantage is that you can sneak into the fan section without breaking a sweat because security is so fucking weak. Last night after they got scored on in the 83rd to tie it up, this kid in front of me in section 8 threw a can of beer at our goalie and literally hit him in the back, while he was laying on the ground immediately after getting scored on... if some fans hadn't started a near brawl with him he might not have even got ejected.

I guess he deserved it, having blown a chance for our first win. Couple that with the mexicans smoking weed in the bathroom and the danger of getting hit in the face with a flare somebody lights up in the stands, and you've got yourself a good time! Go Fire.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

MLS sounds like a even bigger joke than I expected, which is saying something because I thought very lowly of it already. Security over here is pretty dead tight about people being let into the stadium and anything like throwing objects on the pitch.

Arsenal's fuck up today pretty much makes sure Chelsea gets second spot, don't see anyone pipping United to the title now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hernandez has been amazing for United this season.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Can´t wait for wednesday games, Madrid better wins at least by 2 goals if they want to stand a chance against Barcelona in Nou Camp, wonder if Schalke 04 can make to the final, that would be really nice for Raúl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Don't forget guys United and Chelsea still play one more time before the season is over so if Chelsea can win that one they still have an outside shot at the title...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Manchester United were awesome last night. Giggs still has "it", at 37 man I could see him signing another year extension for the club to play. I know he is working as part of the staff now also and I think hes getting his coaching license. True class act. Manchester United 3rd time in 4 years in the Finals probably inc. I personally hope they win the league this season, Chelsea just don't compare to them this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast