Made a post about a month ago about how my 2001 for taurus has a blown head gasket. Well the mechanic looked it over, only the head gasket is the issue, no cracking on the black or anything, but it's going to cost $1200 to fix it as it would need to be reshaped by a mechanist and then refitted, yadda yadda.

So we don't have that type of cash, and were looking more into fixing it just to sell it off for $2500 or so. I had a few hits on Craigslist putting it up for $1500 w/ a headgasket blown message but no one has made offers.

My question is, has anyone used Thermagasket or CRC Copper Block Weld? Or know of any other types of head gasket band-aid type stuff you could get at Auto-zone/Advanced or Walmart? I really just want to sell off the car at this point, I don't want to be a total dick to someone and sell them a lemon though and not tell them about the head gasket, but I want to be able to say "oh hey, its blown but the stuff I put in will give you 8-12months lifespan to fix it" and possibly get a few more bucks.

So does this stuff work if you follow the instructions to the dot?