Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Terraria (2d Minecraft)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Large worlds are just... really really LARGE, it's crazy. I think I went on a mining binge and spent HOURS just digging down. Finally found skeletons and glowing mushrooms, was so excited... I think it took me like 30-40mins of digging straight up to get out. Maybe it was shorter , but it felt like it took FOREVER. I found a Regen ring though, and a second pair of flippers! The ring is so nice.

I came up to a blood moon, lmao.

Also, another question; how high up are floating islands on a large world? I found one on the small world simply because the vines coming off of it was juuuust on the top of the screen when I was on my small skybridge.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

In a large world, I think the surface of a floating island will be somewhere between 800~900 feet up. It's kinda' ridiculous.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Well damn, that is crazy. Fought The Eye of Cthulhu today, that was a hilariously fun fight. First my friend accidentally uses the mirror almost first thing and warps out (we were fighting on our sky bridge luckily, so got back fast), then fell don a hole back into our bridge when the eye was focused on him.

I do hate though that you can't mine obsidian with a gold pick, so now we have to try and get everything possible (Ore and the stuff from Eater) in order to make better pickaxes... How hard is Eater and Skeletron?

Tonko

Eater is easier than Eye
    Eye is easier than Skeletron

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I wouldn't say Eater of Worlds is easier, it's just a shorter fight.

Tonko

I would say shorter fights are easier -_-

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Really? My friend was worried that Eater would be too difficult.. Well, if we can ever get the materials set up, it would be exciting to try! I was laughing the whole time with the eye, since we were simply running back and forth throwing the shuriken, then I just busted out my bow.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko View Post
    I would say shorter fights are easier -_-
    Except the Eater of Worlds is capable of doing much more damage in a shorter timespan and potions have a cooldown. So no, not really.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It also depends on what weapons/accessories you have access to the first handful of times you fight them. Long-reaching weapons like boomerangs/guns/big swords/etc. are usually best for the Eye while Multi-hit-capable weapons like flails/powder/spells/etc. destroy Eater.

Eater of Worlds is usually a more harsh fight for me because I'm never prepared for him as he usually spawns on me while I'm near or in the bottom of a chasm before I think to warp home. (Plus, he continues to hunt you down after you respawn.)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Oh wow, that sounds a bit painful. Don't have guns or Boomerangs, so guess we'll try and get one or two before we try someday.

Fucking Sunfury can eat a dick. So many hours in the underworld and I have yet to see one drop, meanwhile I've gotten like 3 or 4 flamelash and 10 flowers of fire, and ive completely kiddie-proofed the lava down there too from one side of the world to the other...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I would rather fight the Eye and Skeletron than Eater. Phoenix Blaster makes very very short work of them. But Eater can be a pain. Always underground and he always goes right through you. Plus if you destroy sections of him there are 2-10 dudes hitting you from every direction which can easily overwhelm you if you aren't paying attention.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Fucking Sunfury can eat a dick. So many hours in the underworld and I have yet to see one drop, meanwhile I've gotten like 3 or 4 flamelash and 10 flowers of fire, and ive completely kiddie-proofed the lava down there too from one side of the world to the other...

I have an extra sunfury if you want it

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm having about as much luck with Flamelash as you guys are with Sunfury. Also, jungle grass grows about as fast as mushroom grass, so it's going to take a long fucking time to spread from there to my home. I have yet to figure out if those luminescent plants regrow from it though. I want to replace all the grass on my castle with thorny, jungly, glowing plants.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Eater of Worlds is easy if you setup a boss stage fight area. An upper and lower long ass platform of wooden planks. Then Vilethorn & grenades rapes him hard.

Fuck yea, this came out a lot cooler than I expected:

http://i52.tinypic.com/b81i5v.jpg

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That is pretty dang sweet. And damnit, it never dawned on me that you could place chests on platforms/shelves... lol... I may have to redesign a bit now. I want to screenshot my new beachfront property castle, but I want to do it in widescreen or something better than the standard size/ratio and I have yet to make those modifications (the UI not scaling/moving makes me not want to do it though).

I also would really like to know what kind of distance exactly is required from Meteorite/Ebonite blocks to avoid Meteor Head/Eater of Souls spawns.

P.S. Also, I confirmed that Blood Moons affect all above-ground mob spawn rates (Zombies/Demon Eyes/Eater of Souls/Devourers/Meteor Heads). The best cash farming is Meteor Heads on a Blood Moon if you have the weaponry to keep them out of your ass.

pretty sure it's whenever the music changes, I'd gauge it by putting a sunflower at the end of a chasm (and purification the dirt next to it, I mean, unless it goes by the corruption that exists when the world is generated) and seeing how far away you could go before the music changes back

I was thinking about building a meteor head room too but I dunno how I wanna do it, I was thinking a horizontal bar encased in glass as the floor, or something

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if you've got alot of patience and a shitload of purification powder you can push the spawn back as far as you can stand mining it.

the ebonstone blocks act basically the same as meteorite blocks. if there aren't enough then the sky/music doesn't change.