FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

As I did when 1.2 came out, started a new game with my girlfriend. We pretty much played Terraria exclusively over the holiday weekend. So much new stuff to do, so much fun. I can't believe they keep putting out these huge content updates for free. I feel like I should toss the poor guy some money.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Me and the guy I play with are finding Expert to be a real challenge. Starting from scratch, we've managed to beat the Eye, but we got surprise buttsex from Skeletron. I've since built a proper arena so we'll see how it goes next time. Expert is no joke though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Expert gives you an extra accessory slot for a reason.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Me and the guy I play with are finding Expert to be a real challenge. Starting from scratch, we've managed to beat the Eye, but we got surprise buttsex from Skeletron. I've since built a proper arena so we'll see how it goes next time. Expert is no joke though.
    Eye is such a bitch during his last few bits of health since it's hard hit him due to all that rush spamming. So far I think I'm 1/5 on him because of that.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Eye is such a bitch during his last few bits of health since it's hard hit him due to all that rush spamming. So far I think I'm 1/5 on him because of that.
    Yeah, we popped him a few times in a row last night, trying to get a trophy, and he almost killed me once in full molten gear. We hadn't prepped with potions and whatnot, but still..

BG Level

I need to set up a garden for potions. I just need to find space since I did a good job digging all over my world for Lead/Silver/Gold ore.

Maybe buy a pistol too or something with rapid fire so I can actually get a hit on him when he pretty much goes berserk and spams that rush attack at his last ~10% of health.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah, fuck Expert. I might give it a try after getting a character leveled up a bit but it's clearly not aimed toward new characters. I'm sure some people are playing it that way regardless, but I'd rather start on Normal for now. I could use one of my old characters but eh, want to explore 1.3 from a fresh perspective.

I forgot how much of a timesink this game is... next weekend day I have to myself (which will be a while, unfortunately) I'm gonna pop a few pot gummis, smoke a bowl, and just let this shit happen. Looking forward to it!

BG Level

Yeah it's a pretty hefty timesink until you can farm bosses for demonite/better gear. Even worse until you got the Demolitions NPC since mining without bombs is hell.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Added a Hellevator and unlocked a few shadow chests at the bottom. Saw a few Sunfury and oodles of potions. Also totally didn't find a sky island on the far east side.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Me and my friend finally managed to beat Skeletron on our private world. It took all of the following:
    - Full molten sets for both of us, farmed on a normal world
    - A Minishark for him, a Godly Molten Bow for me, and a shitload of ammunition
    - A full arena, complete with campfires, heart lanterns, and a pair of heart generator mechanisms
    - Ironskin, Regeneration, and several healing potions plus the "Well Fed" buff
    - He switched from Meteor bullets to crystal bullets he had from another character in the middle of the fight

All in all, kind of ridiculous.

I beat skeletron with full wooden armor (don't ask), a boomstick with meteor shot, and a water bolt i managed to find above ground level in said dungeon. I did it by building a minecart track from the dungeon to my central base (sounds ridiculous, but other than the difficult part of building through corruption, it was pretty easy), made a metal minecart, and had the minetrack end above my base, dumping my minecart onto a circular track. basically, two sets of minetracks, one a little above the other, with metal bumper rails and a track switch on one side. just hold up and you will continously loop around the minecart track in a circle, maintaining speed, while skeletron chases after you and (mostly) fails to hit you. i used warding accessories, a regen band, heart lantern/campfire, food, ironskin potion, and regen potion.

I also surrounded the circle track arena with walls so my meteor shots and water bolts would bounce around... but i made it a little short, so half the time skeletron was outside the walls and invulnerable to damage. that being said, it still worked like a charm, and i was in no danger at all until the sun started to rise a bit and his damage output leaped to about 100 a hit. I won by the skin of my teeth at the end.

So yeah, don't underestimate minecart tracks. they really help keep your distance with bosses if built right. that said, don't build your track too high or skeletron will lose interest. I think i spent several attempts trying to get it right lol. (as a bonus, you can reuse the track to get quickly to your corpse/dungeon/whatever.)

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was this on expert?

Yup!

BG Level

Eater of Worlds is annoying as hell without worm food to spawn him. Bastard loves pinning me in a corner.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, Terraria anyone?

The BG servers look a little barren, but that's to be expected. They're not hurting anything by being up, so I'll leave them there until there's a reason to take them down.

My friend and I are about ready to take on Plantera on our private Expert world. We still have to get a win from the Twins though. The Eye that shoots the fire is a real dickhead. Skeletron Prime was pretty easy and Destroyer wasn't bad once we realized you must dodge it at all costs as its HP gets low.

This game is still proving to be a shit-ton of content for $10. Especially for people like me that got the game on sale.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I want to play more but Terraria's a hard game to sit down and play for a few minutes. I really need a big chunk of time to dig in (pun intended). next free afternoon I have... so like, in 2016 lol

I did find a marble cavern which was cool. Medusa's a bitch at early levels, omg. also found my first yo-yo; they're pretty amazing weapons although I like the simplicity of swords better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Anytime I sit down to play this for an hour, I look at the clock and it is 2:30 AM. Also, Moon Lord on Expert is terrifying. >.> Somehow managed to win, but it took way too many tries.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I must have missed a patch somewhere. These changes to Solar Flare armor, Neptune shell, and Celestial stone are pretty awesome

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Otherworld Canceled
    Good Day, Terrarians

We wanted to take a few moments to share some important news with you all in regards to the status of Terraria: Otherworld.

As you all know from when we first announced the game a long while ago – and as we repeated in our subsequent posts - Re-Logic’s focus has and always will be on delivering complete and quality game experiences to our fanbase. Just to underscore it once more, this means that we will not compromise game quality for speed to market or for any other reasons within our control. Our team has a clear vision for this game – one that we shared with all of you with much shared excitement – and, in spite of all of our efforts, the current state of the game remains equal parts far from that vision and beyond behind schedule from our initial planning when we shared Otherworld with all of you three years ago. Progress has absolutely been made during that time – but unfortunately, a very thorough status review of the game versus its intended design showed both the Re-Logic and 505/Pipeworks teams that things were quite a bit further away from the finish line than we had imagined. Taking the massive amount of work that would be remaining to complete along with the extensive time it would take to get that done, and how that would greatly interfere with the pursuit of other projects on behalf of Re-Logic – it becomes clear that this leaves things in a very undesirable state.

As a result, we have made the decision to terminate development of Terraria: Otherworld.
    https://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ncelled.68594/

Can't exactly say I am surprised, considering the time and little info we've gotten. Have to say I am disappointed though. My friend and I must have played through and restarted Terraria six times and were really looking forward to Otherworld. Oh well. Guess it's better than getting a crummy half assed product.