Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A good system would be to say for example "Lesser colibri have a repop time of 5min +-1 tick (so can pop at 4:30 5:00 or 5:30). I have noticed no pattern to when the monster pops; seems random which tick it pops on.
    monsters with a "5 minute repop" pop exactly 5 minutes after the first 30 second tick that passes following the monster's death

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

there is only 1 Leaping Lizzy PH, there are two spawns of the actual NM though. I assume they did this to alleviate player competition. There are also two carnero spawns but i haven't bothered to lock down placeholders as no one camps it and it's 100% drop anyways. Oh, some mobs switch places in the zone. EX: Sheep and wolves in south gustaberg. And I came to the conclusion that not all sheep share a spawn with a wolf and that 1 of carnero's placeholders cannot also be a wolf.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Oh, some mobs switch places in the zone. EX: Sheep and wolves in south gustaberg. And I came to the conclusion that not all sheep share a spawn with a wolf and that 1 of carnero's placeholders cannot also be a wolf.
    This kind of thing is amazingly easy to sort out using POLUtils and Radar. It becomes obvious after just a few repops what everything shares spots with.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Serpopard Ishtar follows the exact same rules as Leaping Lizzy. When I did trials on, there are 2 placeholder Dhalmels; one to the north and one to the south of Tahrongi Canyon. Only one placeholder will be up at any given time, and the repops were random and never perfectly alternated. Eventually, instead of the PH spawning, the south Ishtar would spawn. After this dies, the counter continues and it is entirely possible for the north Ishtar to spawn. Then the timer would continue with the PH spawning either north or south. The 3 occasions I camped Ishtar, it random where the PH would sawn, but the PH Dhalmel are 2 different IDs but shared the same spawn timer.

I believe this is exactly true of Leaping Lizzy.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Bugbear Strongman and Black Triple Stars also have two instances of the NM, for Bugbear at least I think it's the same as above: Two PHs but only one can be up at a time. Easy to follow on him because other than the 2 PHs theres only 2 other bugbear and they always stand at the same place. Black Triple Stars I don't really remember the details of his PHs (did that trial ages ago) but definitely remember 2 instances of the NM.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There are two instances of the NM when there are two non-continuous spawn areas for the NM.

Lizzy can spawn below or above the tower on the hill, for instance. Serpopard can spawn on either side of the canyon. Black Triple Stars is either at the very right (as you're facing uphill) or sort of 3/4 to the end of the left. Bugbear Strongman obviously has two spots.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Golden bat has 2 spawn areas, but I believe only 1 NM in the array.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    Golden bat has 2 spawn areas, but I believe only 1 NM in the array.
    There is only one NM in the array, and I'm still not sure how he works. I marked all Giant bats in my Valkurm .dats, but after Black Triple Stars I'm not exactly looking forward to camping a night spawner.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

At least for the Sahagins I'm killing, it looks like it's just a 16-18 second delay after death for their bodies to depop.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

one NM that i've never figured out, and no one I know has either, is Serket and his spawn conditions. 5 minute windows? 10 minute windows? completely utterly random? I have no clue and I put in a lot of time camping him when that ring was worth some major money. I've always wondered. Did someone on bg figure it out and I just never saw the data?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, kinda got Worr the Clawfisted down now. He only has one PH, but it's the other Sahagin in the room from what I thought. He pops before his PH respawns, and his PH's respawn timer is unaffected (so the NM and PH can be up at once).

I've clocked him at -3 minutes (-6 monster ticks) and -1.5 minutes (-3 monster ticks ), so there's some variability. He's a worthless NM, so I don't know that I'll refine this pop pattern more until I find it on an NM that I actually have a reason to camp.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd recommend some of you people using ApRadar2 to use Mappy instead. Works well with the plugin Allseeingeye as well-- placeholder mobs will come up as "green" colored mobs on Mappy instead of "red" (dead). Good example is when a mob family despawns in Abyssea, ASE in conjunction with Mappy will show the entire group as "green," until they all finally respawn "red." (doesn't work with NM spawns)

Has anyone else seen strange repopping from Tonberry Leije?

Had a run a few weeks ago of him popping 4 or 5 times in a row off his own death - we hadn't killed any other tonberry, no one else was killing tonbs - the only thing we possibly had done was to conflux off and depop the adds. Wiki of course has the "X is his placeholder" which is the one we'd killed to pop him in the first place - but then he just kept on spawning.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

panzer percival also has 2 spawn areas. only 1 ph up at a time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria View Post
    Has anyone else seen strange repopping from Tonberry Leije?

Had a run a few weeks ago of him popping 4 or 5 times in a row off his own death - we hadn't killed any other tonberry, no one else was killing tonbs - the only thing we possibly had done was to conflux off and depop the adds. Wiki of course has the "X is his placeholder" which is the one we'd killed to pop him in the first place - but then he just kept on spawning.
    Some monsters have no minimum respawn time. Black Triple Stars is like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    panzer percival also has 2 spawn areas. only 1 ph up at a time.
    Yeah, that's a common spawn system. There are actually two Panzer Percivals in the .dats though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, so here is what I have currently, as of 4/28/11:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <ffxi-npc-name-changeset>
      <name-change id="16839057" old="Cryptonberry Occultist" new="Cryptonberry Occultist!" />
      <name-change id="16838733" old="Trotting Sapling" new="Trotting Sapling!" />
      <name-change id="16838739" old="Trotting Sapling" new="Trotting Sapling!" />
      <name-change id="16838744" old="Trotting Sapling" new="Trotting Sapling!" />
      <name-change id="17563797" old="Boggart" new="Boggart!" />
      <name-change id="17563799" old="Boggart" new="Boggart!" />
      <name-change id="17215867" old="Rock Lizard" new="Rock Lizard!" />
      <name-change id="17215887" old="Rock Lizard" new="Rock Lizard!" />
      <name-change id="17199434" old="Damselfly" new="Damselfly!" />
      <name-change id="17121554" old="Smilodon" new="Smilodon!" />
      <name-change id="17264815" old="Raptor" new="Raptor!" />
      <name-change id="17498183" old="Ghast" new="Ghast!" />
      <name-change id="17498178" old="Ghast" new="Ghast!" />
      <name-change id="16879839" old="Diatryma" new="Diatryma!" />
      <name-change id="16875740" old="Gigantobugard" new="Gigantobugard!" />
      <name-change id="16875720" old="Gigantobugard" new="Gigantobugard!" />
      <name-change id="16875711" old="Gigantobugard" new="Gigantobugard!" />
      <name-change id="17281148" old="Young Opo-opo" new="Young Opo-opo!" />
      <name-change id="17498520" old="Devil Manta" new="Devil Manta!" />
      <name-change id="17498434" old="Lagoon Sahagin" new="Lagoon Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498426" old="Marsh Sahagin" new="Marsh Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498298" old="Riparian Sahagin" new="Riparian Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498266" old="Riparian Sahagin" new="Riparian Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498259" old="Riparian Sahagin" new="Riparian Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498196" old="Spring Sahagin" new="Spring Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498418" old="Razorjaw Pugil" new="Razorjaw Pugil!" />
      <name-change id="17498424" old="Razorjaw Pugil" new="Razorjaw Pugil!" />
      <name-change id="17256686" old="Wild Dhalmel" new="Wild Dhalmel!" />
      <name-change id="17256560" old="Wild Dhalmel" new="Wild Dhalmel!" />
      <name-change id="17232078" old="Stone Golem" new="Stone Golem!" />
      <name-change id="17170472" old="Vorpal Bunny" new="Vorpal Bunny!" />
      <name-change id="17170498" old="Rafflesia" new="Rafflesia!" />
      <name-change id="17227968" old="Midnight Wings" new="Midnight Wings!" />
      <name-change id="17227988" old="Midnight Wings" new="Midnight Wings!" />
      <name-change id="17228235" old="Ochu" new="Ochu!" />
      <name-change id="17228149" old="Evil Weapon" new="Evil Weapon!" />
      <name-change id="17228152" old="Evil Weapon" new="Evil Weapon!" />
      <name-change id="16875739" old="Gigantobugard" new="Gigantobugard!" />
      <name-change id="17498156" old="Royal Leech" new="Royal Leech!" />
      <name-change id="17498338" old="Bog Sahagin" new="Bog Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498332" old="Bog Sahagin" new="Bog Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17498345" old="Bog Sahagin" new="Bog Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="17358929" old="Orcish Stonechucker" new="Orcish Stonechucker!" />
      <name-change id="17358928" old="Orcish Grunt" new="Orcish Grunt!" />
      <name-change id="17281356" old="Overgrown Rose" new="Overgrown Rose!" />
      <name-change id="17235987" old="Shadow Dragon" new="Shadow Dragon!" />
      <name-change id="17498410" old="Marsh Sahagin" new="Marsh Sahagin!" />
      <name-change id="16793645" old="Jagil" new="Jagil!" />
    </ffxi-npc-name-changeset>
    In no particular order:
    Gangly Gean, Tonberry Lieje, Biast, Sea Hog, Serra, Rose Garden, Ashmaker Gotblutt, various Sahagin NMs, Masan, Namtar, Serpopoda Ishtar, Eldritch Edge, Drooling Daisy, Valkurm Emperor, Leaping Lizzy (I think), Charybdis, Nocuous Weapon, La Vuele, Daggerclaw Dracos, Okyupete, Megalobugard, Michevious Micholas, Gargantua, Black Triple Stars, Ratotskr, Raffelesia NM with a K

Some of them are NMs I personally camped, some are NMs I feel confident marking using the Wide Scan lore.

In order to apply this for yourself:
    1) Open Notepad
    2) Copy everything in my code subsection into the notepad
    3) Save it and end it with .xml, making sure to change the type to "All type" or whatever the option is so it doesn't force it to be a text document.
    4) Download the POLUtils from the link above in Kirschy's post and open it, click the NPC renamer.
    5) Click "Show Changes"
    6) Click "Apply Changeset"
    7) Find the .xml file you saved earlier and load it up.
    8 ) Enjoy killing one monster every 5-16 minutes when camping and having absolutely no ambiguity about whether or not you've killed the PH and when it will repop. You can time it to the second if you want using information you can find in this thread.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wouldnt bother with abyssea NM's for this data, beceause I had the same situation with Guimauve when I was doing Fistule. Sometimes I could use the same Guimauve 5x in a row (aggro n drag to fistule, depops, and Guimauve repops instead of going back to lotto), then sometimes it just woulnt pop from its PH.

after the patch that modded abyssea NM's, I'd say all bets are off.

and I thought Gangly Gean was timed? Unless its coincidence its ALWAYS up when I entered Konschtat?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Byrth do you have a list of NMs you need tested?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I wouldnt bother with abyssea NM's for this data, beceause I had the same situation with Guimauve when I was doing Fistule. Sometimes I could use the same Guimauve 5x in a row (aggro n drag to fistule, depops, and Guimauve repops instead of going back to lotto), then sometimes it just woulnt pop from its PH.

after the patch that modded abyssea NM's, I'd say all bets are off.

and I thought Gangly Gean was timed? Unless its coincidence its ALWAYS up when I entered Konschtat?
    Gangly Gean isn't timed. You need to kill one of his PHs to pop him. There are three treants in the .dats spread out pretty far and only one is up at any given time. Kill it and Gangly will replace it sometimes, or one of the other treants will spawn. No one gives a shit about Kon KIs, he's easy to pop, and Treants don't Ruby, so people are probably just popping him and leaving him up.

I haven't messed with Guimauve (or any NMs in Abyssea since the patch really), but I bet they just upped his spawn rate. It could be that they removed any minimum repop timer. That was their solution for Black Triple Stars recently, and if it was the same patch they might have done the same thing.

Also, I don't need any particular NMs taken care of really. I'd just say that if you're camping a NM anyway, mark the map, find the PH, save yourself some time, post it! I'm likely banishing my mule to take care of obscure NMs in Toraimarai Canal or Castle O next. I haven't really decided.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    Serpopard Ishtar follows the exact same rules as Leaping Lizzy. When I did trials on, there are 2 placeholder Dhalmels; one to the north and one to the south of Tahrongi Canyon. Only one placeholder will be up at any given time, and the repops were random and never perfectly alternated. Eventually, instead of the PH spawning, the south Ishtar would spawn. After this dies, the counter continues and it is entirely possible for the north Ishtar to spawn. Then the timer would continue with the PH spawning either north or south. The 3 occasions I camped Ishtar, it random where the PH would sawn, but the PH Dhalmel are 2 different IDs but shared the same spawn timer.

I believe this is exactly true of Leaping Lizzy.
    Also the same as Stray Mary if I'm not mistaken.