Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

How would you change all of the old PHs back to regular mobs before applying the new one?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Thanks for necroing this thread and reminding me about this project. Your xml looks correct to me!

There is some option in POLUtils like "Forget all changes," along with "Revert all changes." You can use the two of them to restore all the original names, but be careful. Pebbles does not reset with version updates, but some version updates change the monster list for each zone. Because Pebbles identifies monsters by their ID and not their name, you can name the totally wrong monster to the original name of another monster. I think Hovering Hotpot's PH names ended up on some bats a few version updates ago, etc.

The easiest way I have found is to do "Forget all changes" and then File Check before I go to bed. It resets everything to the original state, and then you can re-load an XML and re-name things.

I think I figured out some more PHs (Ixtab, a few NMs in the Tree, etc.) I will try to add those here too.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I think Hovering Hotpot's PH names ended up on some bats a few version updates ago, etc.
    Because in the GoV update for the zone they moved him from the basement to behind the second gate. I'd consider that a rare occurrence.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Because in the GoV update for the zone they moved him from the basement to behind the second gate. I'd consider that a rare occurrence.
    Yeah, but they started reorganizing dungeons shortly after I started this project. It moved the project to pretty low priority for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok so I think I found something odd...

So was camping Ge'Dha Evileye and supposedly the placeholder is one of the 2 old quadavs down in the corner... so I figure what the hell I'll try to isolate which one it is and renamed them 1 and 2 and see which one still spawns after the nm does... and well it wasn't always the same one which makes it seem like both are the placeholder. And while I'm quiet aware of some NMs having multiple placeholders I didn't think more than 1 placeholder could be up at the same time...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Ok so I think I found something odd...

So was camping Ge'Dha Evileye and supposedly the placeholder is one of the 2 old quadavs down in the corner... so I figure what the hell I'll try to isolate which one it is and renamed them 1 and 2 and see which one still spawns after the nm does... and well it wasn't always the same one which makes it seem like both are the placeholder. And while I'm quiet aware of some NMs having multiple placeholders I didn't think more than 1 placeholder could be up at the same time...
    How long after each PH died did the NM pop?

It's also possible that the PH can continue to pop after the NM does, as happens with certain other NMs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wasn't keeping real precise timing but it popped around the time the ones I was killing were supposed to pop.

And yeah I thought about that except it didn't. 1 popped the other didn't. And while for a couple of the times other people being there made it hard to tell for 2 I was alone or the only one killing and it was different. Idk was really weird

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Anyone have an up to date file they care to share???

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So tried booting up this polutilis after not using it for a few years... and doesn't seem to really work anymore (no creatures dropdown, writing and applying changes gets weird errors) and seems all the old things I had changed which were a crap ton of placeholders are now just displayed as normal and when I tried to apply my old stuff I either had some error pop up or it renamed them weirdly I see pebbles no longer maintains it... so is there a working version somewhere or something else that works?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm ok so I downloaded and extracted it but I don't see any installer or executable files and the read me is in some weird file format I can't read

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

EDIT: Never mind. I'm an idiot:

Latest download is available here.
    https://github.com/Windower/POLUtils/releases

+ Reply to Thread