1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Patch 1.17a Notes (04/25/2011)

Event
    [dev1002][dev1003] New sidequests have been added.
    [dev1055] Guild tasks have been added.
    By examining the new task boards found within any Adventurers' Guild, players may view and undertake the tasks of Eorzea's guilds. Obtaining and delivering the requested items will yield both rewards and skill points (awarded to the active class at time of completion).
    * Players may complete a maximum of one task per guild per day (Earth time, resetting daily at 6:00 p.m. PDT/1:00 a.m. GMT).

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...a/7a/805_0.jpg

Battle
    [dev1056] A 3-D effect now appears on the screen when a light party (4–7 members) or full party (8 members) is formed.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...a/7a/805_1.jpg

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...a/7a/805_2.jpg

System
    [dev1057] The size of the HP bar shown directly beneath display names has been adjusted.
    [dev1035] The gamepad can now be used to cycle through target filters when in targeting mode A.

All Auto-run button + Emote List/Stack Battle Commands button
    Friendly Main Menu button
    Party Cancel button
    Enemy Select/Confirm button

[dev1047] When initiating a guildleve or behest, the background music now cuts in, rather than fading in.

Fixed Bugs
    The following bugs have been addressed:
    A bug wherein party member markers on the world map and minimap would sometimes shift abruptly to the lower right portion of the map.
    A bug wherein faction leve rewards could be obtained repeatedly without proper expenditure of faction credits.
    Measures have been taken to correct a bug wherein recovery maintenance was being obstructed following market area difficulties on all worlds due to the feature that remembers retainer locations.

Known Bugs
    A bug wherein players cannot embark on certain duties related to the sidequest "Seashells by the Seashore."
    * While on the sidequest, moving to a certain location should cause a "Duty calls" message to appear, and you are asked if you wish to proceed. In some cases, however, this prompt is not appearing. Should this occur, please move near the cliffs to the south, and then attempt returning to the previous location once more.
    A bug wherein the light party 3-D effect appears when a full party is disbanded.

The images aren't loading for me.

Edit: Nvm... Starting to look a lot like failure...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

This is the 30% they left out of the original 1.17?

What the !@#$.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

FFXIV has a lot in common with religion. It's playerbase is filled with hope and is waiting patiently to be saved, but it's not going to happen.

New Odin
    BG Level

I hoped for this patch to have 30% of the remaining content included in it...

But it's all in vain, like Kaylia said.... there's only 28% at best here. Time to go hang myself.

God you're all dumbasses.

<3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just think, if they included this 30% in 1.17, all you'd be looking at for 1.17a would be Fixed Bugs and Known Bugs... lol

Don't tell me you expected a lot more...

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Balb View Post
    Don't tell me you expected a lot more...
    But Yoshida hyped us with his 30% talk! Not our fault.

You remember him talking about 30% of the total changes planned that were in his first letter? All that is what I was expecting him to implement today.

tol

guild tasks.. fuck yeah!

3d effects.. fuck yeah!!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

The guild tasks are cool I suppose.. 3D Effects are laughable and leave me wondering why.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    The guild tasks are cool I suppose.. 3D Effects are laughable and leave me wondering why.
    So you could bitch all day of course.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Same reason for everything else. Targeting problem? Make the mobs bigger! Effects suck? MAKE THEM BIGGER!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea the guild tasks *might* be interesting down the road. When I saw the image I could only think of the hunt board in FF12, which was pretty cool. In the grand scheme of things, meaning, when this game is worth playing, its just something else to do, which is all good.

New Odin
    BG Level

The guild tasks are probably gonna be simple as hell. Still, did not quite see that coming.

Also 1 per city per day (adventurers guild will probably assign these). Let's get that over with so the tears will dry in time for the patch to end.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The patch file is actually larger than 1.17... lol (327mb)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

It'll be good, as Hyan said, if they're worth actually doing. It may be something for those first few ranks, as all the patch notes said was: "Obtaining and delivering the requested items...". If they give class marks, I think they'd totally be worth it. If it's just a little gil and a small amount of SP, maybe not so much. Also, you can only do one in each city. So, you're spending around 6-7 anima if you don't walk it from city to city.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    ...How is that even possible?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Don't let those fools over in Lodestone General mess with your mind. Its going to be Class Guild tasks, not Adv Guild. Where is there room for a board next to the Adv. Guilds? lol (I know you know its class guilds, just having fun)

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    Wtf is going on here. Oo

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

To be perfectly honest I was looking more forward to another producer letter than 1.17a "30%" stuff. Hopefully Yoshi-P puts one of those out soon that has a lot of good info/stuff to look forward to.

These 30% patches seem pretty lame, its almost like trying to look like they're really busy when the 30% stuff is just fluff for the most part.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Balb View Post
    Don't let those fools over in Lodestone General mess with your mind. Its going to be Class Guild tasks, not Adv Guild. Where is there room for a board next to the Adv. Guilds? lol (I know you know its class guilds, just having fun)
    Maybe I'm being woooshed... but the board is at the adventurers guild~ I'm betting my hat we are only getting 3 tasks per day.

To be perfectly honest I was looking more forward to another producer letter than 1.17a "30%" stuff. Hopefully Yoshi-P puts one of those out soon that has a lot of good info/stuff to look forward to.
    Haha, my thoughts exactly, however the new quests may shed some light on whats to come as well. Yoshida's next letter should arrive this week.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wow, yea I really don't pay attention to detail then... mooooooooooooving on~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast