+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Larry Wilmore's "Nightly Show" cancelled by Comedy Central. Final show is on Thursday, 8/18.
    The unblackening continues

I'm with everyone here on the panel thing. The other problems i had with the show was that they tried to act like different chars, but they didn't change anything. The same person would be 5 different people, doesn't change the voice, doesn't look different, it's like the kind of acting you see in high school when the person doing it didn't want to be there. They also really hit the black card all the time, which is fine some of the time, but it seemed like every time i watched it, they were trying to hit the white guilt button on every topic. I watched the show for the 1st few months, but after that i couldn't keep doing it.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I never really watched the show because I never really felt like Wilmore's humor was for me. This clip someone posted on reddit has convinced me I made the right choice. Watch the first 2:30 to see what I'm talking about.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    The unblackening continues
    I read about this first in the papers yesterday morning. He was quoted saying something like he didn't realize the unblackening would be happening to him.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When your show's writing consists around inserting "lol white guys amirite amirite?" "woe is me the black man" or "straight up fuck trump and trump supporters" into (almost literally) every segment it gets real old real fast. Like seriously how does a CC "news" show get canned during election year? The jokes have low and plentiful all year and still managing to fuck it up.

And any show that shits on Bill Nye is no show of mine.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Wheel22 View Post
    When your show's writing consists around inserting "lol white guys amirite amirite?" "woe is me the black man" or "straight up fuck trump and trump supporters" into (almost literally) every segment it gets real old real fast. Like seriously how does a CC "news" show get canned during election year? The jokes have low and plentiful all year and still managing to fuck it up.

And any show that shits on Bill Nye is no show of mine.
    I can't agree with this any more than I do. Watched it a few times, said eh, and moved on.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My problem with the show was the format. Too much panel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It got better as the show went on. The biggest sin the show committed was having their own commentators be a big driving force of the panel, even when they had no knowledge of the topic at hand, which really showed with the bill nye panel because it really came off as disrespectful. Larry did do an AMA on reddit where he addressed it and the contributer who really fucked up that panel didn't show back up for awhile and when he did he was really toned down.

Larry's show got cancled because it wasn't colbert, followed a weaker daily show, and its material wasn't relevant to comedy central's viewing base.

If Larry got picked up to continue on BET I'd DVR it and continue watching.