Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Guilded Prophecy, the new 10-man is a ton of fun, but i see many people screaming that it's too difficult. I'm hoping it doesn't get nerfed also but i know better.
    How far have you guys gotten in Gilded Prophecy? Because coming from a guild that has cleared all of Gilded Prophecy... I really hope that it is nerfed. That place is harder than GSB and RoS, and the drops are worse. I'm still not sure what their intentions for this raid were exactly, the most logical things that I can think of would be either that it's supposed to bridge a gap between tier 2's and 20man raids, or that it's supposed to give a raiding experience to guilds that are interested in raiding but don't have 20 members. In either case, it has failed. It obviously isn't bridging that gap if it's harder than the 20mans, and I can't see any group having much success in their without being geared from GSB/RoS (last boss specifically), which wouldn't be possible in the latter example.

Basically, last boss in there is currently the hardest boss in the game and his drops suck compared to easier bosses in 20mans. Most raiding guilds probably won't go back after they clear it once, I know mine isn't going to. If they want us raiding guilds to go back, they had better make the drops at least on par with GSB/RoS. Or if they want some of the non-hardcore raiding guilds to go in there at all, they had better nerf the bosses.

I'm in same guild and did same run as ald, and we cleared all of GP in a few hours. None of the fights took us more than 5~ attempts I think learning it for the very first time, without any walkthroughs.

Frankly, all the guilds saying Uruluuk is "the hardest boss" are doing something wrong, cause that fight was a joke compared to what I expected going in. There's almost no execution in the fight, tons of head-room to be sloppy, and the hardest parts of the fight only rely on the execution of 1 person, unlike say herald which requires raid-wide constant execution.

It is simply no where near the hardest boss in the game.

As for the zone itself, it's on par with the other raid zones, unless you're in a high-end guild you're not clearing GSB in all T2 gear(like we did), and you're not clearing RoS without mostly GSB gear. For everyone else it's "farm first few bosses for a month, then have the gear to beat the final bosses" and in that sense, GP is on part with GSB, the first two bosses are easily doable with T2 level gear, the third is doable but harder, and the last requires you be better geared than the first three.

TBH I think the guilds having trouble with GP are the ones who are stubborn about makeup(I want to play XYZ, I only DPS, I insist on tanking as a warrior!). I'll agree that you can't take 10 randoms of random callings and finish GP, but you can't do that anywhere else either, you need to pick callings and souls deliberately for the fights, but at the end of the day thats a problem with bads being bad, not the system.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Well then would you care to elaborate on how you guys do Uruluuk? Our strat was...

Everyone stack in melee range except one person so that one person gets focused with the explosion. Whoever is called for crystal runs out about 5m or so, dps the crystal, back to boss, avoid getting blown up by bubble. Interrupt fist. Hope he doesn't explode on someone and do boulders at the same time (yay RNG). When he ports up top, everyone stack by the bowl (where he ports back down to), and just aoe heals til he's down, then dps burn him. Kill Gold > Rage, leave Protection up so dps can get the stacking damage buff from it. Keep purges on the boss remainder of the fight. At 30% healers pain suppress themselves, tank grabs all the skeletons as quickly as possible, everyone spread out to avoid exploding people. Run in for bubble, tank stays out with the skeletons and uses a cooldown to resist it, or just takes the damage. Burn him down, lots of aoe heals.

Anything different that you guys did?

And if you guys got this guy down without a problem, then Herald and Alsbeth shouldn't be a problem for you. They really are super easy compared to him.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I just can't wait for server transfers, I'm the only one in my guild who seems motivated to raid often, as the others only ever log on twice a week to try to make a group, do a few attempts and then call it quits because they say it's late for them (even though it's always like 11 EST). Shit is starting to piss me off, since the first 4 bosses in GSB could be on farm status but people keep QQing about T2s being too easy and stop playing. I don't even know why it's the people that are fully T2 geared that are quitting first, since they don't even have to bother doing T2s anymore.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    For real? This is the dumbest reply to support any argument period.
    Not sure how a raw stat is an argument, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    Well then would you care to elaborate on how you guys do Uruluuk? Our strat was...

Everyone stack in melee range except one person so that one person gets focused with the explosion. Whoever is called for crystal runs out about 5m or so, dps the crystal, back to boss, avoid getting blown up by bubble. Interrupt fist. Hope he doesn't explode on someone and do boulders at the same time (yay RNG). When he ports up top, everyone stack by the bowl (where he ports back down to), and just aoe heals til he's down, then dps burn him. Kill Gold > Rage, leave Protection up so dps can get the stacking damage buff from it. Keep purges on the boss remainder of the fight. At 30% healers pain suppress themselves, tank grabs all the skeletons as quickly as possible, everyone spread out to avoid exploding people. Run in for bubble, tank stays out with the skeletons and uses a cooldown to resist it, or just takes the damage. Burn him down, lots of aoe heals.

Anything different that you guys did?

And if you guys got this guy down without a problem, then Herald and Alsbeth shouldn't be a problem for you. They really are super easy compared to him.
    We're a 13/13 guild, I was objectively saying that herald is a much harder fight, by far.

In terms of strategy makeup was:

4 rogues (Riftstalker, Bard, Marksman(44+ for eradicate), Melee Ranger), 1 Warrior (Beastmaster), 2 clerics (Shamanicar, Warden/Sent), 3 mages (Archon/Dominator, Chloromancer, Stormcaller).

Loose stack in melee for everyone, just let explosions hit and shamanicar/chloro/bard AE heal through them, use dominator to reflect fist so it does 30-50k damage to him(I'm amazed how often people forget this mechanic exists). When he ports, stack by bowl and dps him. When shrines spawn kill only gold, MM purges buffs as soon as they apply with his insant-cast no cooldown 2 buff strip. Everyone keeps DPSing so we only go through one cycle of him teleporting to middle. 30%, everyone runs to him, I run to stairs, AE threat move as skeletons walk by...win.

The key to the fight is the archon really, he reduces the bosses damage so much that all the AEs are easily healed through. What was your makeup? so far reading others posts it seems like everyone makes the mistake of thinking 10man means you should use less support classes, or that they're not as effective, when it's furthest thing from the truth.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

See above.

The Dom reflecting the fist is a ridiculous amount of damage to the tune of 3% every time he does it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    We'll see what happens now that the dungeon finder required the dungeons to be nerfed to shit so they can be solo healed. I'm actually curious how the majority of players feel about them now. I personally don't find them fun anymore.

Guilded Prophecy, the new 10-man is a ton of fun, but i see many people screaming that it's too difficult. I'm hoping it doesn't get nerfed also but i know better.
    I actually find them more fun. I kept getting shit pugs for T1's and spending 3+ hours in IT is not my idea of fun. They can be maybe tweaked to be a bit more difficult, but overall I'm happy with it. Haven't touched a raid yet so I can't comment on that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I actually find them more fun. I kept getting shit pugs for T1's and spending 3+ hours in IT is not my idea of fun. They can be maybe tweaked to be a bit more difficult, but overall I'm happy with it. Haven't touched a raid yet so I can't comment on that.
    It might be just having better gear now but i enjoyed needing an off healer and/or CC.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

My problem is I just don't have anyone to play with. The game seems fun and all, but it gets boring doing things by myself. T_T All my friends play WoW and say Rift sucks. Yeah I guess it's all WoW-cloney and shit (I still play WoW every now and then), but I'm just itching to play another MMO. Lol. Also waiting on ToR, so... eh.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    We're a 13/13 guild, I was objectively saying that herald is a much harder fight, by far.

In terms of strategy makeup was:

4 rogues (Riftstalker, Bard, Marksman(44+ for eradicate), Melee Ranger), 1 Warrior (Beastmaster), 2 clerics (Shamanicar, Warden/Sent), 3 mages (Archon/Dominator, Chloromancer, Stormcaller).

Loose stack in melee for everyone, just let explosions hit and shamanicar/chloro/bard AE heal through them, use dominator to reflect fist so it does 30-50k damage to him(I'm amazed how often people forget this mechanic exists). When he ports, stack by bowl and dps him. When shrines spawn kill only gold, MM purges buffs as soon as they apply with his insant-cast no cooldown 2 buff strip. Everyone keeps DPSing so we only go through one cycle of him teleporting to middle. 30%, everyone runs to him, I run to stairs, AE threat move as skeletons walk by...win.

The key to the fight is the archon really, he reduces the bosses damage so much that all the AEs are easily healed through. What was your makeup? so far reading others posts it seems like everyone makes the mistake of thinking 10man means you should use less support classes, or that they're not as effective, when it's furthest thing from the truth.
    I'm in Nightfall, and we are also a 13/13 guild, we've killed Herald/Alsbeth every week since 1.1, so I can objectively say that Herald is easier for us! I don't recall exactly our group's make up for Uruluuk... wasn't paying a ton of attention to every individual person >.< But what I know we had for sure was a MM purge, bard, chloro, 2x ward/sent, a beastmaster, and the tank was some kind of warrior. I think the rest were some flavors of dps, and with this we were also able to get him to 30% after just one phase up top as well. I believe the only notable difference in our group set up was that we probably had another dps in place of the archon/dominator.

I'll let my guild know about your tip with the arch/dom but I'm still not even sure my guild will go back there. The drops just weren't worth the trouble to us, and having to cut the raid group down to only 10 members is pretty inconvenient.

Try it with the arch/dom...the fight will literally be twice as easy. I would never do a raid without an Archon, they're by far the biggest contributer to raids, in terms of both total DPS and debuffs to the boss that make it easier to heal/survive.

Personally I think it's worth it as just another loot pinata, as long as you take some of your lesser geared members along for the ride. Or for people to help build their "offspecs" better, cause GSB/ROS is barely enough loot to equip a guild, so I'm happy the event is there.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Can't wait for transfers lol, need to find a raiding guild that actually musters up 20 people.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is a pretty old video now, but I really do agree with what this guy has to say about MMOs, and why Rift isn't taking off.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...Future-of-MMOs

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

It was a good listen, and I agree with many points. Its hard to play more than one MMORPG at a time, especially if you're paying multiple subs and have a bunch of friends playing one single MMO. I'd like to see MMORPGs get away from the hardcore raiding aspect a bit in some of the future games so that people can really pick and choose what to play while still feeling like they're getting something done. I've seen friends try to juggle two or three MMORPGs while hardcore raiding in each. The results aren't pretty.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    This is a pretty old video now, but I really do agree with what this guy has to say about MMOs, and why Rift isn't taking off.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...Future-of-MMOs
    This nails it.

Non vanilla Wow kiddies gave up and went back, but Trion already made too many servers due to the launch ques, and with too low of population caps. Server transfers were officially announced, but some consolidation should be in order first.

Patch 1.2 swung a bit too wide on the PVP changes, hopefully the CC mechanics get tightened in little.

Pvp players overall raid pve content better than the typical pve'er, something to keep in mind when transferring.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Unfortunately, every MMO is going to fall under 1 of 2 things. It's either a WoW killer or a WoW clone. It's amazing how quickly the sheep forget that wow borrowed from what worked in other mmo's, and as such new ones will borrow what's good from WoW.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I think WoW cut a lot of the little things out. The little things like making travel uber quick or almost irrelevant (see 310% flying mounts - zeppelins - flight paths) and they removed the trek to said end game/raid zone (see warlock summoning and portals at the raid). They also cut out failures with crafting and they made leveling crafting a lot simpler and more common item based. They also put all of your stats and timers front and center on-screen for you to see along with the numbers and scaling of each stat/equipment/buff.

I think those things can be a good thing but I think it also breeds a different person in the MMO world. Not to go all deep but it's just like society in general. It's a "right now" attitude in WoW meaning if it takes more than 2 minutes to fly from Org to BoT - people complain (summon me I'm too lazy to fly) kind of thing. I've recently started playing FFXI again (and I'm not saying this is better or worse etc) but having to walk/choco/airship around is quite humbling. The pace at which things come at you is a much slower one, in general. Obviously they have started to change things to allow things to be quicker(easier) or faster.

What all that means in short is that any MMO that comes out with less than pleasing times between things like dungeon queues, pvp queues, gear drop, raid, content etc will most likely fail. These are opinion based of course that's my take.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, at least for the Rift website, traffic has drastically dropped.

This information includes the rift website and forums.

In one month, up until yesterday..there has been a 36% drop in traffic. It was at its peak in March and has been dropping since then.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/riftgame.com#

One big thing that is going to make people leave is the billing fiasco. It still is not fixed. People are not going to jump through hoops to play a video game.

We are in a pretty big recession right now, money is tight. If people are not satisfied, they will leave and go elsewhere.

First we heard that there wouldn't be any nerfs or 'class balancing'..yet that's exactly what we have seen.

Scott doesn’t view balance as a huge issue in a game like Rift where you can switch things at a whim, as opposed to your typical MMO where if something gets nerfed you may be stuck with it. Ultimately, Scott expects that there will be “out of balance” builds, but that the possibilities are so great with the soul system that players can discover new “out of balance” builds to trump or counter one already in existence.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

I'm sure that a lot of people got angry when huge sweeping nerfs came, especially when they were told that wouldn't happen.

Trust has been lost..and once that happens, it's really hard to get it back.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

That makes no sense when classes are more balanced now than they were a month ago. Rogues actually have other options other than NB. They still have a lot of work to do to accomplish the same for warriors and mages though. Sure SC'ers and BM's are still top dps in raids but i'm sure players want to play other souls and are tired of those 2. Trion has a long way to go to make more souls viable but it's headed in the right direction.

You can't seriously expect things to stay the same as release where there were serious bugs. Or is it the people that decided to reroll to FOTM builds instead of sticking to what they enjoy that are annoyed?

Hell my main soul that i wanted to play full time is MM but it's unfortunately sub par in pve when compared to ranger. Sure it's been buffed a bit but at least i have a choice now. Do i want to play what i enjoy and do 200 less dps or do i adapt and play what's needed for the better of the guild? I think people fail to see the bigger picture more often than not.

I have an extensive list of what i have issues with but the class balance is headed in the right direction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast