+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Well, last I checked WoW isn't doing so hot either and did have a noticeable loss in active players shortly after Rift (something I hadn't noticed from the Aion launch and such) and I know I have little/no interest in going back to WoW, aside from playing alts a bit. It could have the effect that some people experienced with FFXI, once they gave it up for a block of time, it lost most of its appeal. Though WoW has historically been immune to that mindset, so who knows.

Do we know if these people are going back to WoW from Rift?
    Well yeah, I'm not going back to WoW any time soon either. Just saying, Rift didn't capture me enough to stick with it and while I understand the pre-launch hype I think people wanted it to succeed a little too badly and it just couldn't live up to the high standards of immediately being better than WoW.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Well yeah, I'm not going back to WoW any time soon either. Just saying, Rift didn't capture me enough to stick with it and while I understand the pre-launch hype I think people wanted it to succeed a little too badly and it just couldn't live up to the high standards of immediately being better than WoW.
    I would agree. It got old too fast and didn't get its "super awesome extra content" out quick enough.

So come play FFXI with me Ceph.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Rifts content was "rifts" that were boring before i reached lv 30. Then you get this major world event that is all about rifts.. and it didn't take me long to realize that the only thing this game will ever be about is "rifts." Everything will revolve around rifts because thats the gimmick of the game.. a gimmick that gets boring fast and I don't see the developers ever moving away from that gimmick

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I honestly never really thought of rifts as a main form of content. It was something to do along with questing.

The main focus of the game is the raid content, but a lot of players aren't seeing it. Someone compared it to vanilla WoW, which i have no experience in, so maybe someone that knows better can chime in on. I personally love the raid content, but you need a good guild to successfully run it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Went from XI -> WoW -> Rift -> FFXI (and then reactivated WoW this weekend because I was missing PvP). Sigh.

I only played the "free" 30 days of Rift. Had fun the first two weeks, then after that got pretty bored. The job system is fab, but it's really just WoW with less cartoony graphics.

I'd be playing FFXI more right now, but my LS is lame and I haven't played in like, 2 years, and have no idea wtf it is I'm supposed to be doing. -_-

Wish I could take the stuff I like from the MMOs I've played and mash them up into one mega game. I am not enjoying my current MMO-ADD (and neither is my credit card >.o).

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I agree Bardlet.... I got both WoW and FFXI on sub right now.. cannot decide which one wife told me to decide or else lol... she's serious

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I honestly never really thought of rifts as a main form of content. It was something to do along with questing.

The main focus of the game is the raid content, but a lot of players aren't seeing it. Someone compared it to vanilla WoW, which i have no experience in, so maybe someone that knows better can chime in on. I personally love the raid content, but you need a good guild to successfully run it.

It's obvious you like the game and have progressed very far. but most ppl don't like the raids. they are identical to WoW just a different flavor. At least WoW has a better gear system that is actually class specific. In rift you have everyone of that armor type rolling on almost everything w/ sucks

Why does the system Rift have suck? I think having class-specific gear sucks because if you have a smaller chance of getting gear and it's entirely possible (and likely) that a boss will drop something nobody can use because you: A) Don't have anyone of that class or B) Everyone of that class already has the item. At least with the way Rift drops work, it's highly unlikely that a boss will drop something that is entirely useless.

And this game feels very similar to vanilla WoW, it's true. There's decent raid content, it's just that people aren't doing it for one reason or another.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Why does the gear system suck? Because w/ 4 classes that means your bringing 5+ of eacch class to a raid.. and w/o anything being remotely class specific your having ppl compete for everything. Yeah, there is gdkp or w/e you want to call it, but its a lot more ppl you have to fight over for gear then in other mmo's and its shitty?

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Why does the gear system suck? Because w/ 4 classes that means your bringing 5+ of eacch class to a raid.. and w/o anything being remotely class specific your having ppl compete for everything. Yeah, there is gdkp or w/e you want to call it, but its a lot more ppl you have to fight over for gear then in other mmo's and its shitty?
    That's a problem with people, not the game.

Even in pugs you rarely see someone playing say a tank who rolls against all the DPS for the dps gear in the party, and you never see that in guilds. As arelian pointed out the loot system is actually a huge boon because it means drops are rarely ever wasted.

And yes, the games very similar to vanilla wow in feeling, which is a good thing for those of us who liked vanilla and were sad over the direction that BC and beyond took.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Ill just start calling Rift "WoW -1.0" Since its like wow, but worse

Is that your only argument? We get it. You think it's WoW but worse. Stop beating the dead horse, geez.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't like it don't play it 1.4m Subs and going strong, games not dying anytime soon.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

FFXI is still the best anyway.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Exact same plan here. Waiting 5 days for the new ultimate collection.
    Wait, what?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    Wait, what?
    All 4 expansions, all 3 mini-addons and all 3 Abyssea addons...for $20.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Wow has been declining for a while, its just now becoming noticeable to the general public. But ppl aren't leaving WoW for rift. If this was the case then 90% of servers wouldn't be low/med during prime time. rift servers are also tiny, XIV tiny. Their pop cap is just over 50% of WoW's server cap
    Per MMO-Champion (and Blizzard) it doesn't look like WoW lost too much steam. "WoW Lost 600k Subscribers, down to 11.4M". 600k is hardly noticeable (imo) when compared to 12M but I agree, it "feels" like a lot of people quit but I think it's more the fact that there is no middle ground in WoW right now. A lot of the heroic raids are tough for the casual player, by that I mean they raid 1-2 times a week for a total of 4-5 hours. There are a lot of guilds on my server (I know it's not the best or a top server) that are still only halfway through the normal mode stuff and these were guilds that were already into H mode ICC back in Wrath. It's early yet and 4.2 will likely be making a huge impact with the new legendary etc.

Also, I re-installed FFXI to play with some friends...../sigh

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

All 4 expansions, all 3 mini-addons and all 3 Abyssea addons...for $20.
    Shit yea! When is this available?

Side note, kind of funny: About 8 months ago the wife and I cleaned out our desks and she threw out all of my XI discs...yes, all of them (except the PS2/360 ones). I also haven't played actively since 2009 and I've had 3 different debit cards since then (1 courteous of the PS3 hacking). So now, here I sit with no discs (or codes - I had the ToA and WotG ones) and no recollection of my old debit card information. I guess there's no chance of getting me old account back. Anyway, starting over won't be so bad...I hope!

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I would agree. It got old too fast and didn't get its "super awesome extra content" out quick enough.

So come play FFXI with me Ceph.
    sold my character years ago and fuck that leveling system

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You can go from lvl 1 to 90 in one day lol. You also get the god mode hat (auto reraise, auto refresh, auto regen, skill up gain increase and movement speed boost lvls 1-30) for buying the ultimate collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast