Marvel Heroes - R.I.P.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nline_logo.PNG

Developer: Secret Identity
    Release: TBD
    Genre: MMORPG / Action / Adventure
    Platform: PC / XBox 360 (rumored)
    Publisher: Gazillion / Marvel

Confirmed Details:

• Marvel Universe will be free-to-play, and was planned that way from its inception.

• It’s being developed by Secret Identity, a sub-group of Gazillion that was formed in late 2009 specifically to build Marvel Universe.

• You can play as Marvel characters, and other players can be the same hero as you at the same time, which the devs believe creates “lots of problems and lots of opportunities.”

• You won’t have to choose only one character, but will be able to play as all of them.

• Some of the characters you will play as are: Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Nova, and Squirrel Girl.

• Doctor Doom will be the game’s main villain (at least at launch).

• Brian Michael Bendis is writing for the game

• According to Brian, “no corner of the Marvel Universe will be left unturned,” although he was likely referring to over the game’s lifetime, not necessarily all at launch.

• You will play through existing stories that are told in the comic books.

• The game world exists within the canon Marvel Universe–this is not an alternate reality scenario.

• Marvel Universe is being made primarily for adults (as opposed to Gazillion’s other kid-focused Marvel MMO, Marvel Superhero Squad). They want to target core gamers first, and also make it accessible for everyone else.
    Hinted, unconfirmed:

• There has to be lots of content that isn’t based on existing comic book stories.

• It will likely be released on consoles after it’s on PC. When asked about a console release, one of the developers said that it would come to PC first, but that they want as many people as possible to play it and other platform releases were “TBD, no wait, TBA!” That he felt the urge to clarify it was going to be announced, not decided, makes me think it will be coming to consoles.

• The game should have some open world environments: references were made to “hundreds of Wolverines” running around, which the developers feel is less of a problem than no one getting to play as recognizable characters.

• When asked if it would be browser-based, the developers insisted that accessibility was a crucial part of their game design, but they also stressed that they would be delivering a AAA-quality game. We’ll have to wait to find out this one for sure.
    Interview with writer Brian Michael Bendis:

Sources:

http://www.destructoid.com/marvel-un...y-200077.phtml
    http://www.destructoid.com/interview...o-200667.phtml
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/29/fi...play-and-more/
    http://www.forevergeek.com/2011/05/m...at-you-expect/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50uy5...layer_embedded
    http://www.gazillion.com/#/home

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I can see parties of Wolverine or Iron Man when this launches... Don't know if want :-/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press release;

Gazillion Entertainment, a leading developer, publisher and operator of massively multiplayer online (MMO) games, has revealed the first glimpse of the eagerly anticipated free-to-play online game Marvel Heroes. Taking the MMO category to a completely new level of excitement and engagement, Marvel Heroes combines the energy of action role-playing games with the breadth and immersion of the MMO genre.

Drawing upon the 8,000-plus heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes allows players to become their favorite Marvel Super Heroes – from the popular Iron Man, Thor, Storm and Black Widow to the lesser known Squirrel Girl and Cable. Fans will be able to completely customize their characters by constructing costumes taken from each hero’s rich history, choosing from a huge array of super powers for each character, and finding thousands of other items. There are countless ways for players to tailor their experience.

In the game’s social areas, including Midtown Manhattan and the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, players can meet up with other players, discover missions, and buy items from legendary Marvel characters. While pursuing missions, players will explore such famous Marvel landscapes as the Savage Land, Hell’s Kitchen and Mutant Town.

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, author of Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, Secret Invasion and countless other successes, Marvel Heroes is inspired by some of the most popular tales and events in Marvel Comics history.

David Brevik, President of Gazillion Entertainment and creator of the massive hit games Diablo and Diablo II says: “I’ve been a big Marvel fan for all of my life. Marvel Heroes represents the combination of Marvel IP with all of the knowledge and experience I gained creating Diablo. It is a dream come true. I’m excited to unveil Marvel Heroes and share this revolutionary MMO with both gamers and Marvel fans.”

“Marvel Heroes marks a new era in gaming for us,” stated TQ Jefferson, Vice President of Games at Marvel. “For fans to actually become their favorite heroes in an original storyline, explore iconic Marvel landscapes and combat some of the most dangerous villains in a shared experience is unbelievably compelling.”
    http://www.marvelheroes.com/news/pre...-marvel-heroes
    http://www.marvelheroes.com/

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nova!

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks like it could be worth playing. I'll give it a try since it's F2P.

Also, I'm guessing Nova is going to have a Nova attack like Sorc did lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

For any development team, there are a few big questions you look forward to answering when working on a new game. Questions like, “What’s the name of your game?” or “What type of game is it?” Today we are excited to offer the answer to possibly the biggest question yet for Marvel Heroes - “When does Closed Beta begin?”

As told to the attendees of our panel at PAX 2012, the answer is October 1st, 2012. Beginning on October 1st you will be able to create a free account on www.marvelheroes.com. Creating this account automatically enters you for a chance to be selected to join the Closed Beta for Marvel Heroes.

Closed Beta will be starting with a relatively small number of people, but we’ll be adding more people over time. If you don’t get in right away, don’t worry, you’re still eligible to be selected. We cannot guarantee you will be selected, although we will try to let in as many people as possible over time - so please be patient.

We can’t wait to show you Marvel Heroes! Mark your calendars for October 1st and visit the website today to submit your email address (check the right hand side of the front page!), and we will send out a reminder when October 1st rolls around!
    https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...n-answered-pax
    http://www.marvelheroes.com/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Deadpool with a giant bazooka make this an instant try.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can definitely see massive guilds of Deadpools happening. If I grab this, I'll probably play as Dominoe if she's available. I'm just concerned about the amount of micro transactions in the F2P format.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

rocket raccoon all day

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://presale.marvelheroes.com/

All the packages also include early access to the beta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Lol... Is this a joke?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also hear the game is pretty shitty ;< The creators have been comparing it to D2, but apparently it doesn't even hold a candle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Over 750$ worth of goods for only 200$? Shit, we'd all be stupid not to buy it.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's going to be a world of Wolverines with a few Deadpools mixed in.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Magneto isn't a playable character.. Looks like I'm not playing it

Degenxerate

You should change the title of this thread. Marvel Universe Online was canceled. It was going to be a game more like DCOU or COH I think. The game you are all talking about now is called Marvel Heroes which is more of a Diablo style. Also about those founder packages containing beta access I think its actually only the Ultimate pack that contains guaranteed closed beta access. Signing up for the beta for free on the site is pretty simple though and I think up to this point has been fairly easy to get in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Idk what type of game it is. Asking for money from ppl before a f2p has launched, especially to that extent, is fuckin retarded

Its basically Marvel diablo, got a beta key from twitter gonna see if its any good.

But I agree asking for that much money for character unlocks and special skins is silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast