BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 180 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo-Dynamis Changes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Thanks
    I'd actually suggest thf/dnc + rdm, or you can sub nin if you don't care about coins at all. There's a spot in Xarc (I don't really want to point it out because I already have issues with jp camping on me there) where everything is ja procs. It's not hard to find if you're paying attention.

As to the RDM, I find it infinitely more useful than WHM for any dynamis because you just plain don't need the big cures and 7+ minute fresh2 is extremely nice for a dual box.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

what's the best way to go about farming glacier for aegis upgrade? i would like to be able to cap my shield at 90 for shits and giggles

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Goublefaupe

Kill the monsters that drop Despot's Fortune until you get five, then pop five and kill them?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

Kill the monsters that drop Despot's Fortune until you get five, then pop five and kill them?
    thank you much, was just reluctant to scan a 48 page thread for that info, didn't even think about the bg-wiki

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There is one war right around his tower with a rdm behind but the pull will link 4-5 other jobs and waste time. There is 2 plds above but the best camp is head past the yags to a large hydra area, lots of pld rdm and wars about with random others. You will have to kill links but still seems the best camp. Be prepared for the horrid drop rates though, took 3 2h sessions for myself, 1 drop on first run 1 on second and 4 on last, all max time.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    I'd like to farm an Oneiros Knife, but I have zero experience with the new Jeuno NMs. What's a recommended party setup?

I've got a Masamune SAM and WHM+BRD mules, but the others I'd likely be farming with are moderately casual. Other DD-esque jobs I have are NIN, THF, BLU, and Taurine/Brown Belt MNK, but those seem less useful.
    Friend and I have been farming Jeuno, despite how big of a pain it is. Normally are thf + blm/whm, sometimes shout for a couple bodies who want relic gear.

BLM can snipe the TE's almost every time (random resists normally result in death), then we move behind the palace where magian moogles/maat are. There's a nice open area between the palace and the mobs that gives you breathing room. Mages/rangers can be annoying since they like to stay OOR, but you can get them mostly out of aggro range.

5 mobs in this area, they can be pulled safely without much trouble. Sleepga if needed. NM's pop from most, if not every mob that pops there. We get bijou's almost every NM kill, and have gotten 100's occasionally, too.

The boss statue wasn't too bad of a fight, but we only did it 1 time so far, as a trial run. Planning to pick up on it some more.

TE's are probably the worst part of Jeuno, since they're always surrounded by mobs. A good snipe is perfect, and if he didn't 1-shot, blizz5->drain->sleepga->logout worked, too

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Has anyone killed the mobs that spawn with the NQ boss statues to see if they drop anything?

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Has anyone killed the mobs that spawn with the NQ boss statues to see if they drop anything?
    We have been killing them in Sandy, and have gotten some single, but no 100's yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    We have been killing them in Sandy, and have gotten some single, but no 100's yet.
    How do you handle the NMs and the statue (avoiding death and stuff)? Are they generally "time spawn NM" strength or are they like the 2 jobbers? I haven't taken a stab at them yet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The old bosses are extremely weak.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    The old bosses are extremely weak.
    Adds go down like the timed spawns then?

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Adds go down like the timed spawns then?
    Ads are very weak. Not as hard as the lottery nm's, but harder than the normal mobs in zone.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Question. What's the smallest setup you guys have gotten to kill regular DL effectively?

We (5 of us with 1 dual boxing) were farming xarc today for gear/pieces and got 4 pop items so figured we'd spam it sometime next week, but not sure what we need member/jobwise. looking through the thread, some suggested 6 people but that was really early on so dunno if people have come up with a good system by now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Okay, thanks! I finished updating all the info we have onto the wiki.

Here are the monsters whose drops remain to be found:
    Dynamis - Windurst :: Complete!
    Dynamis - Bastok :: Vanguard Mason
    Dynamis - San d'Oria :: Vanguard Dollmaster, Grappler, and Amputator
    Dynamis - Jeuno :: Vanguard Pathfinder, Ambusher, and Smithy
    Dynamis - Beaucedine :: Hydra Beastmaster, Black Mage, Ninja, and Thief
    Dynamis - Xarcabard :: Complete!

- Need Confirmation of Arch Angra Mainyu's second (and maybe third) drop
    - Oneiros Cape and Cluster are still missing from my data. Spellspear Djokvukk is missing drops, but I don't know where the second one goes. If I was a betting man, Cape is on the Orc and Cluster is from Arch Angra Mainyu for some unknown reason.
    Did Dynamis-BCD and if this post is still accurate, Hydra Black Mage and Ninja can be filled in now.

You find an |odious tree root| on the Hydra Ninja.
    You find an |odious talisman| on the Hydra Black Mage.

Full NM pops for the run:
    Spoiler: show

You find an |odious tree root| on the Hydra Bard.
    You find an |odious bell| on the Hydra Dark Knight.
    You find an |odious tree root| on the Hydra Monk.
    You find an |odious tree root| on the Hydra Ninja.
    You find an |odious mirror| on the Hydra Dragoon.
    You find an |odious tree root| on the Hydra Bard.
    You find an |odious talisman| on the Hydra Black Mage.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Question. What's the smallest setup you guys have gotten to kill regular DL effectively?

We (5 of us with 1 dual boxing) were farming xarc today for gear/pieces and got 4 pop items so figured we'd spam it sometime next week, but not sure what we need member/jobwise. looking through the thread, some suggested 6 people but that was really early on so dunno if people have come up with a good system by now.
    SMN, BRD, DD/TANK, WHM/blm Earthen Armor + Scherzo should be enough. Stun Death.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Looking to farm up WHM hands for an enfeeb set. I have whm, rdm, or blm on my main, and thf, nin, war, and mnk on my mule. What would be the best combo and/or is it even possible duo in Xarc?

Xarc is definitely one of the easiest zones to duo in. I've done it RDM+DNC for example and we proc'd like a pro for currency but RDM+THF would work better. You need TH for relic drops. You will get some without but with, it simply rains. I'm trying to get THF hands as I'm levelling it for convenience. I've thrown away 2 valor surcoats and passed a few more. The job-specific NMs drop their pieces fairly regularly now so they tend to be camped constantly. A group of 4 was throwing away Xarc relic like they were insect wings. I'd suggest RDM over WHM in there (even though I love my WHM) because it gives you more diversity.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Was killing DL pretty easily with brd vere mnk x2 thf rdm dualbox whm, probably much more lowmannable if making use of things like earthen armor/scherzo combo, or a real whm.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I found this on wiki for TE's in dyna-xarc, is it accurate?

Time Extensions: I have found 5 Time Extensions (called prototypes) located at the following locations, based off the normal Xarcabard map. F-8 (Middle of F8, not on the lower section that leads to Castle Zvahl Bailey) I-10 (That small dead end) I-7 (Top centerish left on the lower ground) H/I - 8 Border (center of the border approximately) G - 10 (the most southern dead end on the map)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, kind of. Just use the maps on BG wiki (lifted from Xera's site)
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dynamis_-_Xarcabard

Thanks for the info on Hydra Black Mage / Ninja. Added it and taking them off the list:
    Dynamis - Windurst :: Complete!
    Dynamis - Bastok :: Vanguard Mason
    Dynamis - San d'Oria :: Vanguard Dollmaster, Grappler, and Amputator
    Dynamis - Jeuno :: Vanguard Pathfinder, Ambusher, and Smithy
    Dynamis - Beaucedine :: Hydra Beastmaster and Thief
    Dynamis - Xarcabard :: Complete!

- Need Confirmation of Arch Angra Mainyu's second (and maybe third) drop
    - Oneiros Cape and Cluster are still missing from my data. Spellspear Djokvukk is missing drops, but I don't know where the second one goes. If I was a betting man, Cape is on the Orc and Cluster is from Arch Angra Mainyu for some unknown reason.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks ^