BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 180 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo-Dynamis Changes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

All the NMs in the zone are lottery pop, and can be annoying as fuck to pop. Bring TH if you have a spare spot, because it will help with getting a pop. My first beau run, 2 hours, couldn't get a single NM to pop. Found 2 NMs up in random spots, 0/2 on boss pop. Found another NM up with 5 min left, got a pop, but had to exit due to time.

The boss itself, though, is easy as fuck. Did it with a Ukon/Masa/fakeMasa, perfect defense, and chainspell stun. Died really fast, was a joke.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thought id ask here:

Has anyone gotten a Sagasinger to speak on the proc rate?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The boss itself, though, is easy as fuck. Did it with a Ukon/Masa/fakeMasa, perfect defense, and chainspell stun. Died really fast, was a joke.
    He's mildly difficult without chainspell stun. The weapons wouldn't even matter. Just ran a 4-man on it without a single empyrean.
    MNK, WAR, THF, WHM is the party set up.
    Had the THF Flee and then spawn and kite away the dragons. Don't leave the pit. Just run circles around it, and keep it a large circle. Too far will lose the dragons back on someone and too small will allow them to intercept you.

WAR and MNK beat on the Eyes until ~28%. At this point, we started to kite him so that the WHM could nuke him to 25% to trigger Chainspell. Ideally what should have happened here is that the WAR and MNK would have been far enough away that nothing happened and we kited Chainspell off. Unfortunately, the THF was hit with Curse (Bring Holy Waters!) and slowed. Used Perfect Dodge and held them as long as possible. WAR ran over and triggered Chainspell which promptly turned and killed her. WHM was eaten by the dragons and then reraised. MNK is now kiting all 4 dragons and Angry Eyes. WAR gets up from RR with Twilight gear. WHM stayed in the center and assisted the MNK with Cursna's as needed or Sandstorm as it came off and raised the THF after the dragons passed over. After about a minute the THF, WAR, and WHM are trying to kill eyes while the MNK continues to kite the dragons.

No, we didn't create this plan, but it worked to get the clear. Ideally, the THF would have continued to kite the dragons, WHM would have triggered CS while the MNK and WAR ran away (maybe even a lucky teleport at that moment too), used Hundred Fists and beat him down once CS wore off. I think a NIN with AF1 boots may kite better if you time your entrance, TE kills, NM killing, and boss spawning appropriately. With 12% run speed, I did get a lot of "Qkan is too far away" messages from the Dragons trying to use their TP so 25% should make it cake.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone know a good way to get TE #4 in Dyna-bastok w/o getting links on BST/DNC solo? D:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cokenner View Post
    anyone know a good way to get TE #4 in Dyna-bastok w/o getting links on BST/DNC solo? D:
    You pretty much can't. That one just costs you a pet. If you're having trouble killing it with one pet, pet-pull it to the nearby cul-de-sac. When I'm doing this with my mule WHM/THF + DNC/NIN, I flee/sac-pull all of the monsters in the Alley up past Manameister and pull the statue out of the train with my DNC.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You pretty much can't. That one just costs you a pet. If you're having trouble killing it with one pet, pet-pull it to the nearby cul-de-sac. When I'm doing this with my mule WHM/THF + DNC/NIN, I flee/sac-pull all of the monsters in the Alley up past Manameister and pull the statue out of the train with my DNC.
    Ahh good stuff. Seeing as I have an alt I might just SAC it w/ him. Or i could just do TEs w/ my sheep and pull out dipper when it's time to farm. Thanks a lot!

Edit: forgot NN had sheep song too. <,< that could take care of a lot of my problems.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Probably already mentioned but thought I’d ask anyway.

Are the drop rates bad for Attests? Would I need to farm more than 2 or 3 NM pops??

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Romyro View Post
    Probably already mentioned but thought I’d ask anyway.

Are the drop rates bad for Attests? Would I need to farm more than 2 or 3 NM pops??
    Didn't I read somewhere its 33% attestation 33% attestation 33% attestation 1% 100 piece?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've killed 4 attestations. Had 1 drop each time. No hundred peices so far though. I'd farm up 3-4 just to be safe.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Can you proc on attestation NMs? been attempting to farm up Attestation of Harmony the past few nights and all he wants to give us fucking club ;\ also out of the 6-7 or so attestation NMs we haven't seen any 100s.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Cannot proc them

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Out of all the zones, barring the starting cities, which one is easiest to farm currency? I've only done Dynamis - Xarcabard and tend to get 80-100 singles, have yet to get any 100c. Is Jeuno or the Glacier any easier to farm?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I know not many people have done Arch DL, but I'm planning on doing it tonight with my LS (PD/zerg style). Has anyone determined whether it is just one of the many clones that needs to die or whether they all need to die?

I'm looking for strategy info but I can't find much, seems like hardly anyone has done it successfully. Does Chainspell/Stun work or does he build resist? What about Souleater KC? Any info would be appreciated.

Edit: Found info which suggests Souleater doesn't resist, but would still appreciate any other info regarding the other questions.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Getting really frustrated with Arch Dynamis Lord. Our LS tried it again the other night and once again we choose wrong and end up zerging a clone down. By the time we do that and go for real DL, he has cloned himself again, thus repeating the cycle. No matter how many Empy weapons or 3-BRD cycles you throw at it, eventually PD wears off and the horrible AOE wipes the ally.

Anybody else been having success? Is this just a "wait-till-level-cap-raise" kind of thing? Not that it's unkillable, but it is basically a matter of pure luck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

One other question I've had from what I read here and elsewhere - do clones, when spawned, always have as much HP as whichever current clone has the highest HP? For example, if you have two out, one at 50% and one at 10%, would the next clone always have 50% HP? If this is the case, it would make more sense to take all clones down equally as opposed to taking one out at a time. It would also mean that there is no "real" Arch DL, and every current copy needs to be dead for you to beat him... has anyone killed what was the "real" Arch DL and had the clones despawn? It doesn't sound like anyone has ever "chosen correctly" among the clones, which would lead me to believe that they all need to be killed.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    One other question I've had from what I read here and elsewhere - do clones, when spawned, always have as much HP as whichever current clone has the highest HP? For example, if you have two out, one at 50% and one at 10%, would the next clone always have 50% HP? If this is the case, it would make more sense to take all clones down equally as opposed to taking one out at a time. It would also mean that there is no "real" Arch DL, and every current copy needs to be dead for you to beat him... has anyone killed what was the "real" Arch DL and had the clones despawn? It doesn't sound like anyone has ever "chosen correctly" among the clones, which would lead me to believe that they all need to be killed.
    We killed ADL a few times. The times we did kill it, we killed the "Correct one" and the others depopped shortly after it died. Now with that said, I think we were just lucky in the ADL in that the one we decided to kill was the real one. Just wait till you kill it and don't get anything. That will make you feel better. ><:

how hard is arch sandy boss ?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've heard people say that spamming Dia is the best way to proc mage mobs, but I have shit luck with it. By doing that, I end up getting a 5% magic proc rate. Is the rate actually that shitty, or does casting Dia with Dia already on the monster not actually count for anything (similar to getting "No Effect" from casting Slow twice in a row)?

For instance, Bio II can't proc on Abyssea monsters if Bio II, Dia III, or Bio III are already on. Are we wasting our time spamming Dia? Is the same thing true with Ninjutsu? If I cast Hyorin: Ni on something, can Hyorin: Ichi ever proc? The proc rate is so shitty that I haven't really been able to test this myself.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I've heard people say that spamming Dia is the best way to proc mage mobs, but I have shit luck with it. By doing that, I end up getting a 5% magic proc rate. Is the rate actually that shitty, or does casting Dia with Dia already on the monster not actually count for anything (similar to getting "No Effect" from casting Slow twice in a row)?

For instance, Bio II can't proc on Abyssea monsters if Bio II, Dia III, or Bio III are already on. Are we wasting our time spamming Dia? Is the same thing true with Ninjutsu? If I cast Hyorin: Ni on something, can Hyorin: Ichi ever proc? The proc rate is so shitty that I haven't really been able to test this myself.
    Last time I was actively trying to do magic triggers, I would hold them slept as BRD and cycle through all of my stuff that didn't have a dot (threnody, elegy, finale), but all of those have timers. If I hadn't triggered by the time the rest of the group finished with whatever they had, I would spam Dia after they woke it up. I wouldn't say that it had any better trigger rate than anything else I was using, but it is relatively cheap, fast casting, and has a fast a fast recast. If half the spells you cast on a target are Dia, then the results are going to be skewed.

I am almost positive I've triggered with it while it already had the effect of Dia up, but it's been quite a while.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Yeah magic sucks. I spam dia with 3 characters on mage mobs and sometimes still can't proc before mnk+thf melee dot kills it.
    It most certainly works with dia already up.