Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Voidwatch Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

With regards to the staggers, has anyone tried repeating the same stagger yet?

We know it diminishes the effect inside abyssea, but what if it's different for Voidwatch and you actually want to keep staggering? I'm guessing this is not the case but may as well try it?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Actually I read npc help text yesterday in the dats saying very specifically using it more than once will lessen the effect or something. The voidwatch npcs will probably mention it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think on ours, we might have triggered twice with red lotus blade. The first gave 40% red, 50% green, 50% yellow, 25% white, while the other (there were several ninjutsu and a threnody cast around the same time, but we'd gotten a trigger on hyoton: ni earlier) gave 20% red, 10% green, 10% yellow.

I think the npc says that the same trigger isn't as effective, but there is no drawback to repeatedly triggering a mob.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It might be better to perhaps have people pop the Briareus dude one at a time in a large group (popper drops alliance, pops, joins alliance) so we can maybe figure out how staggers work.
    In response to this: I'm pretty sure you need Voidwatcher status in order to be able to act upon a Voidwalker (i.e. you have to be in the party when the battle is initiated). On our first attempt I strayed too far from the battle area and lost my status immediately, and the mob lost all hate on me and I got the "you are ineligible to act upon that target" message when I tried to reclaim it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There was to much message trigger and different when i did the worm today, i maybe have an idea on how it could work but need testing.

Maybe the message will tell you the "next" trigger, but if you dont trigger on the "next" the trigger change.

Example:

I use Provoke, i got message: Club WS
    Someone doing a Club WS trigger (any WS is fine)
    but...if someone else doing great katana WS before and get Great sword WS message.
    Then the next Great Sword WS will trigger. (any GreatSword WS).
    Same as spell, someone doing Hyoton Ni, got water message.
    So, someone have to do water spell.
    but if someone doing a fire spell before the water trigger and get thunder message
    then the next will be thunder.

etc...
    etc...

Trigger augment "light" on Voidwatcher NM, so we maybe have to cap light by repeating trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Actually I read npc help text yesterday in the dats saying very specifically using it more than once will lessen the effect or something. The voidwatch npcs will probably mention it.
    Good to know. Can never be sure with SE.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just killed the worm. Best way to do it seems to be having someone solo tank it (whilst ensuring not to damage it too quickly) whilst other people try to proc magic and other misc. weaknesses. We ended up with 50% white spectral alignment but didn't get the periapt. Sad times.

It spams draw-in on people after using Mud Stream, seems to be some sort of hate reset. Easy mob, though, even though it killed poor Hyriu.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did some DATs digging regarding spectral alignment.

Here are the normal entries for procing weaknesses.

Code:
    Your attack staggers the fiend! Alignment level increases!
    Blue: ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻%  Red: ≺Numeric Parameter 1≻%  Yellow: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻%
    Green: ≺Numeric Parameter 4≻%  White: ≺Numeric Parameter 3≻%≺Prompt≻
    Code:
    Your attack staggers the fiend! Maximum alignment reached!
    Blue: ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻%  Red: ≺Numeric Parameter 1≻%  Yellow: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻%
    Green: ≺Numeric Parameter 4≻%  White: ≺Numeric Parameter 3≻%≺Prompt≻
    The DATs also suggest that not only are there multiple weaknesses a mob can have, but that there are devastating weaknesses. However, this only seems to occur with red and blue procs - notice there's no mention of white spectral alignment.

Code:
    Your attack devastates the fiend! Alignment level increases!
    ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Blue/Red]: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻% (+≺Numeric Parameter 1≻%)≺Prompt≻
    Code:
    Your attack devastates the fiend!
    ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Blue/Red] alignment reaches maximum!
    ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Blue/Red]: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻%≺Prompt≻
    Some debug code for the above:

Code:
    DEBUG: ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[WS/WS/MG/WS]≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[Small/Big] weakness: ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 2)≻[WS/AB/MG/SM]/≺Numeric Parameter 3≻≺Prompt≻
    Also, it seems yellow and green spectral alignment are linked. I'm assuming that procing what we call "grellow" will increase both yellow and green for the purpose of increasing EXP and Cruor rewards:

Code:
    Yellow and green alignments reach maximum!
    Yellow: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻%
    Green: ≺Numeric Parameter 2≻%≺Prompt≻
    Here's the text data for discernment triggers:

Code:
    The fiend appears ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 2)≻[/highly ]vulnerable to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[/hand-to-hand/dagger/sword/great sword/axe/great axe/scythe/polearm/katana/great katana/club/staff/archery/marksmanship/pet/automaton/wyvern] ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[weapon skills/special attacks/blood pacts]!≺Prompt≻

The fiend appears ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[/highly ]vulnerable to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[/warrior/monk/white mage/black mage/red mage/thief/paladin/dark knight/beastmaster/bard/ranger/samurai/ninja/dragoon/summoner/blue mage/corsair/puppetmaster/dancer/scholar] abilities!≺Prompt≻

The fiend appears ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[/highly ]vulnerable to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[/fire elemental /ice elemental /wind elemental /earth elemental /lightning elemental /water elemental /light elemental /darkness elemental ]magic!≺Prompt≻
    My guess is the above is listed in order in what actual ability will cause which color proc based upon both how the colors are arranged within the text and what we already know causes procs to happen. Blue procs should consist of the first entry (WS, BP, whatever), Red procs should consist of the second (JAs) and Grellow the last (various elemental magic).

That leaves the issue of white spectral alignment and how its increased. It could be that its increased by using several "minor" weakness triggers (i.e. NOT the "devastating" triggers). We should prepare Loggers for recording how white is effected if anyone catches a "devastating" trigger.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

More DAT digging, this time concerning stratum abyssite:

Code:
    Examine which stratum abyssite?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻None right now.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3a≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3b≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.≺Prompt≻

Hmmm... I'm afraid the stone isn't exhibiting any signs of growth.≺Prompt≻

The stone shows signs indicative of growth, but the changes are yet too slight for untrained eyes to discern.≺Prompt≻

Oh my, such a magnificent display of evolution!
    Leaves absolutely nothing to be desired!≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ has evolved into ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻6a≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻!≺Prompt≻
    The Debug:

Code:
    Voidwatch debug menu.
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Exit.
    Alter participation status.
    Alter jurisdiction.
    Alter stratum.
    Alter abyssite receipt level.≺Prompt≻

参加に変更≺Prompt≻

Jurisdiction menu.
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Back to the top.
    San d'Oria.
    Bastok.
    Windurst.
    Past San d'Oria.
    Past Bastok.
    Past Windurst.≺Prompt≻

Jurisdiction changed to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[San d'Oria/Bastok/Windurst/Past San d'Oria/Past Bastok/Past Windurst].≺Prompt≻

Stratum menu.
    Stage 1.
    Stage 2.
    Stage 3.
    Stage 4.≺Prompt≻

Stratum changed to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Stage 1/Stage 2/Stage 3/Stage 4].≺Prompt≻

Abyssite receipt level.
    1st time.
    2nd time and onwards
    Abyssite evolution.
    2nd abyssite evolution and onwards.≺Prompt≻

Level changed to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[1st time/2nd time and onwards/Abyssite evolution/2nd abyssite evolution and onwards].≺Prompt≻
    Conjecture:

It seems upgrading the stratum abyssite to Tier 2 may require you to defeat both NMs in the jurisdiction where you originally acquire the abyssite, one in present zones, one in past zones. From there, upgrading to Tier 3 requires only one kill of a T2 mob. Getting T4 again requires both NMs within the present/past jurisdiction.

It doesn't seem as though a fully upgraded stratum abyssite is consumed if you pop a tier4 NM...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just hit a "devestating" weakness on the worm. Here's what it did to alignments:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...49/devesta.png

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

^ What color proc did that produce?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Red. We don't know exactly what did it, it was right at the start of the fight so a lot of shit was flying around...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Some of the messages are "highly vulnerable to..." which are the devastating attacks, I assume.

We got a trigger on the worm tonight, and it recharged our temp items. (Lucid potion 2, Lucid ether 2, vicar's drink, Dusty reraise, Dusty wing). It gave +40 red, +50 yellow, +50 green, +25 white.

We didn't get any more triggers, but luckily got the periapt.

All of the triggers my ls has gotten have been "Your attack devastates the fiend" so I don't know if there's actually a difference in the message.

We have a mule popping in gustaberg (s), and hopefully we'll get exploration there too. We'll then go pop a windy one and see if we get growth for helping without a stone.

Edit: got a 200% red trigger, not sure what, and a 100% blue enmity douse trigger off "highly vulnerable to blm abilities." No periapt off the peiste with 50% white.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    We have a mule popping in gustaberg (s), and hopefully we'll get exploration there too. We'll then go pop a windy one and see if we get growth for helping without a stone.
    Actually, I can already confirm this. My LS mate who helped us without a voidstone on worm last night got growth in his indigo abyssite. He had used his stone on the Puk. Both his indigo and crimson stratums are showing "signs of growth".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks for that confirmation, that's awesome then.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    Edit: got a 200% red trigger, not sure what, and a 100% blue enmity douse trigger off "highly vulnerable to blm abilities." No periapt off the peiste with 50% white.

If this is the case, then my initial assessment must've been backwards. JAs should trigger blue (quantity of spoils), while WS/BP/etc. trigger red (quality of spoils).

Grellow should still be magic (EXP + Cruor).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

One worm and 2 other indigo helps later...

What? Indigo stratum abyssite is evolving!

Congratulations! Your indigo stratum abyssite has evolved into an indigo stratum abyssite II!

Quick question with regards to voidstones;

Are they the same as Traverser Stones, in that you can stockpile them over time at the NPC? Or are they more like Assault Tags?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We did a 3rd t1 help, but only one person checked after the 2nd, so only his evolved before the 3rd, but a T1 didn't grow his abyssite.

Only present zone NPCs will teleport to gusgen mines.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Quick question with regards to voidstones;

Are they the same as Traverser Stones, in that you can stockpile them over time at the NPC? Or are they more like Assault Tags?
    Should work exactly like traverser stones in that you can only carry up to three, but the rest stockpile on the NPCs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast