BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Voidwatch Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you haven't gotten the t4 titles and the Pashhow [S] cut scene, can you still participate in Jeuno VW and get drops?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

updated my chart (v0.2) reflecting all noted drops from here and from JPs
    abyssite pattern, etc.

if they each drop 2 pieces of eq, then we're doing pretty well for tier 1 info

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    If you haven't gotten the t4 titles and the Pashhow [S] cut scene, can you still participate in Jeuno VW and get drops?
    i think you can, just no progress

may haunt you next patch? no one knows but only popper needs the right abyssites

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    Things to note about the wyrm:
    Uses AoE Absolute Terror and its lasts long as fuck, you need to be @ 20 to be out of range of it.
    Its pets will use voidsong and dispel everyones buffs fully. I think they both use their TP moves at the same time.
    It will only summon its pets at 100% 75% 50% and 25%.
    All standard tiamat TP moves except for roar hate reset I think. I didn't see it use it anyways. Probably does though I'd imagine.
    Also has regen like all wyrms do. Goes up by 1% every minute or so.
    It will fly when its pets are out, so you have to kill them to get them to the ground. Every time it summons it goes in the air.
    Uses Baleful Roar, I believe it is conal.

[20:34:07]Ildebrann uses Baleful Roar.
    [20:34:07]2 of Catatonic's effects disappear!
    [20:34:07]Ildebrann uses Baleful Roar.
    [20:34:07]6 of Gustavve's effects disappear!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    Zilart T1: Elshimo is vivid periapt of adaptability
    Zilart T1: Zepwell is dusky periapt of adaptability.

Chela cape on Malleator Maurok (Zilart T1, Quicksand Caves)
    Psychist shield from Sabotender Campeador (Zilart T1, Western Altepa Desert)

For the Sabotender, we just zerged it, had an ochain pld hold the adds so it wouldn't summon more and level up. We barely made it, with 5-6 refills of fanatic's drinks, didn't get much red though.

When you finish the three fights for a leg (elshimo or zepwell) there is a cutscene at the corresponding npc in Kazham and Rabao. After both of those cutscenes (all 6 T1 killed), return to Kieran, then talk to Gilgamesh, and finally Kieran again. You then get the ashen stratum abyssite II. Insert pokemon evolution music here.

Zilart T1 looks like 5000 base xp and 7000 base cruor.
    Just to confirm, the Jeuno path is the same, correct? Must beat all 6 mobs on T1 to upgrade to T2? Does one need to return to the Palace Doors to get White Stratum II?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You need to beat all six to upgrade. You don't return to the palace, just go to any atmacite refiner and get it analyzed/upgraded. I believe you need to return to palace after you get white stratum III so you can get your voidwatcher's emblem: qufim and finish the quest/start the next one and get access to Qufim battles.

I'm thinking (hoping?) that the second periapt of emergence (the one that lets you equip another atmacite) is obtained from completing the Jeuno questline. Based on the way the quests are in the dats, it sounds like once you beat the tier III mobs and return to Jeuno one last time, Cait Sith will call you back over to Pashhow for one last cutscene. I'm thinking you'll get the periapt there, which create some extra motivation to get people through the various tiers of cities and Jeuno fights aside from just the ability to warp.

And yes, you can definitely participate in battles, expend voidstones, and get rewards (both items and KIs), without having the white stratum abyssite or voidwatcher's emblem: jeuno.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I will be taking my linkshell through T2, and possibly T3, of the Jeuno fights tonight, so hopefully we'll confirm some more drops, atmacites, and possible reward for completing the entire Jeuno path.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@Khiinroye, which temp items from Vivid Periapt of Adaptability? Dusky alone is a second healing powder, second mana powder, gnostic's drink, monarch's drink, and braver's drink. I was wondering if Vivid was a separate set of five items, or whether the two together make a set of 10 items better than the items that come from each individually, like what happens when you put together the vivid and dusky periapts of readiness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For the urganite, weak as it is, the doom aura seems to be when it uses Venom shell (which also resummons adds). You can tell when the doom aura is up because it is hiding in its shell. This also prevents it from moving, so you can just run out when you get to 3 or 4. Easiest of the Zilart T1s by far.

The wyrm is a pain in the ass on the ground, more from terror than other moves. It lasts up to a minute, as said before, and he likes to reapply it a few seconds after it wears on everyone. When we killed it, we had a nin hold one of the dragons, killed the other, and then just killed it in the air, since it is mostly harmless there. We still managed to get capped red, but naturally didn't get any blue except for blitz. Glassblower's belt means we'll be going back until we get a few of those, at least.

I'm hoping that the sabotender's second drop sucks as much as the first, so we can get people through it and never go back to that thing again. The adds weren't a problem, since our ochain pld was taking 0 damage from them. I don't know if it was mentioned, but the main cactuar does a move [Chupa bloom?] that does aoe drain (200-400) and inflicts all stats down--I only noticed the stats down towards the end, and they wore just as it died, so I couldn't check how much it was.

Vivid periapt of adaptability gave an extra potion II and ether II, as well as aescetic's drink, stalwart's drink, and champion's drink. Its probably worth doing the urganite and rafflesia just to get the extra temps, even if you're working on the jeuno path first.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Doing the Zilart VW later today and just want to see if anyone can answer these questions.

What is the sabotender's HP like and how is damage on him?
    If you kill off 1 of the adds from a boss and hold the other, will they still resummon the second add? Will leaving adds up stop them using the move that resummons them (Holy Moly's charmga for example)?
    Haven't seen anything about Neith, is it just a diremite w/ Tarsal Slam?
    If you stun the TP move that repops adds will this stop them from popping?

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tambor View Post
    Haven't seen anything about Neith, is it just a diremite w/ Tarsal Slam?
    If you stun the TP move that repops adds will this stop them from popping?
    It's similar to the boss of Abyssea - Ulegerand. The spider pets are extremely weak and constantly respawns then with TP moves. I wouldn't say you can even stun them because they're so fast.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Fought the cactuars tonight and all i can really say is that you need to get your triggers in as fast as you can and zerg it down. Every time it uses a certain TP move it re-summons its pets it levels up and gets tougher to kill. We didn't try stalling the pets and then killing the actual NM. If it doesn't use that move then it might be easier to kill? Also if you try to stun the TP move it uses to summon its pets back it will immediately try to use it again a few seconds later.

We also did the tiamat looking wyrm. This thing is no joke, it will fuck you up. You have to keep up with damage the whole fight or you will time out if you aren't careful.

Things to note about the wyrm:
    Uses AoE Absolute Terror and its lasts long as fuck, you need to be @ 20 to be out of range of it.
    Its pets will use voidsong and dispel everyones buffs fully. I think they both use their TP moves at the same time.
    It will only summon its pets at 100% 75% 50% and 25%.
    All standard tiamat TP moves except for roar hate reset I think. I didn't see it use it anyways. Probably does though I'd imagine.
    Also has regen like all wyrms do. Goes up by 1% every minute or so.
    It will fly when its pets are out, so you have to kill them to get them to the ground. Every time it summons it goes in the air.
    apparently this is false, we fought it again yesterday and it did it after a period of time rather than at certain percentages

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

apparently this is false, we fought it again yesterday and it did it after a period of time rather than at certain percentages
    Indeed false.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I see on JP Wiki right now that the reward for completing the Jeuno questline is 50,000 gil, lulz.

Also, according to JP Wiki, I see that the second periapt of emergence apparently comes from Akvan/Pil/Kaggen. The way it's written, I can't tell if it comes from them individually, or whether you have to defeat all three. Looks like it can come from any one. Also, Kaggen is apparently Atmacite of Coercion (STR/AGI/Acc./Regain), Pil is Atmacite of Latitude (MND/Subtle Blow/TP Bonus/Haste), and Akvan is Atmacite of Finesse (INT/R.atk/R.acc/Magic Burst Damage).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I see on JP Wiki right now that the reward for completing the Jeuno questline is 50,000 gil, lulz.

Also, according to JP Wiki, I see that the second periapt of emergence apparently comes from Akvan/Pil/Kaggen. The way it's written, I can't tell if it comes from them individually, or whether you have to defeat all three. Looks like it can come from any one. Also, Kaggen is apparently Atmacite of Coercion (STR/AGI/Acc./Regain), Pil is Atmacite of Latitude (MND/Subtle Blow/TP Bonus/Haste), and Akvan is Atmacite of Finesse (INT/R.atk/R.acc/Magic Burst Damage).
    The 50,000 gil thing, if true, feels like a massive FU. Oh well, at least the Periapt of Emergence comes from that questline so I will just consider THAT the true reward....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its not really insulting if you look at the 50k as more of a "rank up" reward, as per nation missions.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

well considering there is 1 more addition of voidwatch for them to add yeah its a great reward... 50k and the ability to use another atmacite... yeah good stuff

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

well considering there is 1 more addition of voidwatch for them to add yeah its a great reward... 50k and the ability to use another atmacite... yeah good stuff
    I'm not positive, but it sounds like the second periapt of emergence just drops straight off any of the T3 Jeuno (Qufim region) NMs. So I doubt you need white III to get it, but I don't know.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There are actually 2 more to be added. Voidwatch parts III and IV do not appear on the "road map" picture they showed because they take place after the timeline trails off after Sept. But they're mentioned in Square's post under October 2011- March 2012.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ing-April-2011

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Is there any point in attempting Voidwatch with a linkshell that averages 6-7 unique members and peaks at about 9-10?

Everyone is fairly knowledgeable and has decent equip -Aegis/Ochain. We tried the slime in mines about 4 times shortly after VW released and when we couldn't kill it just said fuck it for the time being. Am I wrong in assuming SE has just said fuck it to small/medium groups with VW?