Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

thanks :D but do you focus procing anything at all for upgrading phase? or just kill any NM 1 a time and thats just it? Did it change to T2 right after u kill both T1s and did T2/T3 upgrades after u kill 1 NM?

finally, did all 3 abyssite upgrade together? or too good to be true hehehe.

I should have did this myself but 12+ stones was wasted for the fact everyone wanted the exploration abyssite and not care about upgrades ; ; Tonight we all get 2nd stone so maybe i can convince them for upgrading ^^

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Pretty certain the flux would be the trigger.

Also, whenever a new monster drops nothing reminds me of Absolute Virtue even if its killable.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

We tried procing as much as we could while upgrading 1-3. When you kill both NMs on T1 you go back to the Atmacite Refiner and ask him to "Have stratum abyssite examined" and he tell go "holy bat shit your stone just evolved" and you now have _______ stratum abyssite II.

Each abyssite has its respective NMs/Tiers to upgrade sorry

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention that before tonight we did farm the KI's from Sandy path (temp items upon starting) and Bastok (reduced stone timer)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ah thanks ^^ so i assume from ST 2 and ST3 onwards you have to kill/proc 1 NM at a time and hope you get enough counts to upgrade?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm definately thinking the key to drops lies in triggering the mobs, but some of them really hinder your ability to kill them if you try to setup to proc it as well, at least with lower numbers (We PD Zerged Hahava with a CS Stun since we had a few/mules helpers as it was 5am, although somehow my party didn't end up getting PD two times in a row so my party got thrashed again.) It's either that or shadows like VNMs. There was no indications of change in the IV abyssites either btw.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

For us atleast (not saying for certain) it was pretty much kill the designated NM/NMs for that tier one time and it upgraded. Procing past Tier 1 didn't really seem to do jack shit for us.

Edit: On a side note, you can still spawn lower tiers with the Tier IV abssyite.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

wow so approx 1 group only need 5 stone to reach ST4? +_+

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

pretty much yep lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

WAIT btw u sure hahava didnt drop anything? i thought treasures are from boxes ;O

u should be using max blue and red cells anyway right? :O or ST4 is just "treasure as u kill" type?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    WAIT btw u sure hahava didnt drop anything? i thought treasures are from boxes ;O

u should be using max blue and red cells anyway right? :O or ST4 is just "treasure as u kill" type?
    Yes, we got various garbage gems (Sphene, red rock, hi-elixir, and shit) from the treasure box and it dropped nothing. (with trading max blue + red light cells)

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

sorry, i was referring to the conflux.. but nothing eh? maybe after clearing all 3...

wait.. so what u're saying is once your stratum abyssite upgrades you can basically do any Voidwatch NM you've done before.. and the abyssite wont devolve..
    wow. they made it easy to clear the system on this one.. then again this is only part 1.

I guess the true challenge is in raising red alignment to like 300% to get HQ drops. I'm assuming 300% is cap since I've not seen anyone show that they've gone above it.
    I've also not seen anyone post 200%+ red drops, and I still feel that tiers have to be met before better stuff drop, but of course its just a hypothesis.

periapt of concentration enhances blue, so if u can get that u can probably get a higher chance at more drops.. there are no periapts that enhance red atm.

I also found the 3rd pop spot in KRT. G-10 in the tomb basement. nearer to get to than the other 2 tbh but u'll have to sneak past EP mobs.
    and working on the map things for the T4 planar rifts.. will update later.

Windy T1 NMS should drop periapts that enhance light alignments. one of them anyway.

edit: btw, max blue/red cells traded means 250% on both right?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i didnt take the capped SS tho, but im sure we got capped blue red green yellow and white message

we did not managed to cap red tho so cant tell if red is 350 cap

http://mectradegroup.com/FFXI/light.JPG

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

considering an alliance can spam that thing by getting 1 person to stone at a time thats a rather fun way to gain cruor without stepping into abyssea. would be a useful exercise until people figure out how to cap red

also since 350% didnt show cap, red must cap the highest somewhere...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So just to clearify...Does the whole "use only one stone to pop" thing mean one person goes out of ally, pops, then gets re-invited or what? I havn't done this myself yet (trying to build up a decent amount of info first) so any help would be appreciated, kinda confused on that bit. lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Only one person pulls a stone from the officer in town.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Virvatuli's Periapt is Vivid Periapt of Concetration (West Sarut Present)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lord Asag is pretty much what you'd expect. Casts Death and Firaja at lower hp; gains access to Nosferatu's Kiss and Nocturnal Servitude under 50% as well. Asag's Wings of Gehanna damage is buffed up a bit; was doing ~600-700 on melees with Shell V. The one thing he doesn't do is use the ST20 shit. Much like every other higher tier NM, he has a decent triple attack rate too. Unfortunately for us we were a bit light on the stunning so it was rather sloppy near the end.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Akupara is an absolute joke; starts Testudo Tremor @ 25ish. Spams Breakga and Tortoise Song throughout the fight and sometimes uses 3 or 4 TP moves in a row, but that's just annoying more than anything else. Voidwrought info coming up shortly.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Blue Iron Giant is as nasty as you'd expect. Spams Eradicator, Thundaja, and Ballistic Kick under 50% and I mean *spams* and it's a mess. Arm Cannon is 50% HP and MP down, but it seems like it stops using it after 50%. It's probably be a kite fight, but the areas to fight it are horrible. We timed out @ 1%; changing jobs a bit and gonna go again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast