+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 173 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Voidwatch Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Voidwatch Discussion

Did not see this up yet, so I figured since the server is up it's safe to get this started.

About to pop a T1 in East Ron, I'll come back with results.

For getting started, you can get the KIs and cells/periapts from Voidwatch Officers (for cruor for the latter). Atmacite NPC can teleport for 1k cruor, but it just set everyone at the zoneline to Southern San d'Oria in East Ronfaure.

Anyway, opening the floor to drop pools/Key Items etc.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Where does this start?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

There's dialogue in Pashow_S but it doesn't appear to be necessary. Just find a Voidwatch Officier and get a voidstone & stratum abyssite.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just fought a Puk called Sarimanok in East Ronfaure. Me: NIN/WAR alt: WHM/BLM

THF mob, incredibly high evasion and decent triple attack rate. Triple attack rate seems to increase as HP goes down. First 50% it only used Wind Shear/Crosswind for TP moves, and Aeroga2 and Aero4 for spells.

After 50% it started to get a little crazy. Started using Ill Wind (~700-800 AoE). Used Somnial Durance (AoE sleep), followed by instant-cast Aeroga3 for ~1k with shell5 up. This combo also caused a full hate reset. At this point it went after my WHM alt and killed her, followed by me shortly after.

Seems doable by 2 people if well prepared (I was not), 3-4 people shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Unless he starts doing something even nastier after 25%, which is entirely possible.

Parsed about 40% acc against him (no sushi), Blade: Hi hit for 600-1500

No information on any of the weaknesses, etc. I just rushed out there without looking too much into it.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Cobalt Rubicund Xanthrous Jade cells 2000 CP points.
    150,000 Cruor each for disernment KI's
    50,000 for atma type KI from the Officer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Since it wasn't mentioned in the notes, you can have all 3 stratum abyssites.

From the atmacite refiner, you can buy 150k cruor each for periapt of guidance (weapon skills and abilities weakness) and percipience (magic weakness), 50k for emergence (lunar equivalent).

Cells are 3k AN each under stars; you can buy all of them from the npc.

We were starting in East Ronfaure, but decided to go to [s] since a bunch are doing that already.
    East ronfaure rifts are at H-5, I-6, and G-10.

Ronfaure (s) rifts seem to be at the same spots.

3 cells raised it 150%, and said maximum value for red and blue lights. People who only used one got 50%, so 3 caps the lights from items.

Edit: Cottus (gigas, briarius model) killed. Got a ton of !!, each gave a boost to several lights. We got readings all over the place

Periapt of readiness (temp items) automatically upon opening the chest.
    Various trash materials that had to be removed from the chest like a normal pyxis.
    Base xp and cruor of 5000.

Final lights (it tells you at the end) were
    Blue: 270% (+150%)
    Red 390% (+150%)
    Yellow: 225% (+0%)
    Green: 225% (+0%)
    White: 75%.

When examining the crimson stratum abyssite, I am told "The stone shows signs indicative of growth, but the changesare yet too slight for the untrained eyes to discern."

The final lights are the sum of the weakness triggering and the

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just did North Gustaberg with a random pickup alliance. We lost but it's really not that hard at all. It's a worm mob called Sallow Seymour @ M-8. It has the percy move set (so Mud Stream). Got it to 69% before we wiped. Used draw in, other than that, nothing to special.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

West Saruta, (E-10) Virvatuli Skull NM Cast Blizaja, Firaja, COR WHM SMN MNK NIN BLM THF wasnt too bad. Wyvern Pacts for proc, also Samurai ability's, Red proc'd with banish II Landed During Casting a spell! Also sleepga still went off. Only red proc'd allingments went from 0% to Red 140 Yellow 150 Green 150% White 25%

Also recieved Earth messages. Also Katana Weaponskills. lots of procs it seems?

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just did E.Ron [S], Briareus-style Gigas. TP moves kinda hurt and sometimes it spams a few in quick succession. Ended up wiping, and as I re-claimed to kite it I moved around 40' from where the rift was and immediately got stripped of my Voidwatch status. Kinda shitty, watch out for that. Also it levelled up a few times during the fight, and the proc conditions seemed to keep on changing.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I went in with a pickup alliance and killed the one NM in East Ron, was easy as hell, and I got 8k cruor/xp. Light opal dropped in the box and we happened to get all 3 weaknesses.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaia View Post
    Just fought a Puk called Sarimanok in East Ronfaure. Me: NIN/WAR alt: WHM/BLM

THF mob, incredibly high evasion and decent triple attack rate. Triple attack rate seems to increase as HP goes down. First 50% it only used Wind Shear/Crosswind for TP moves, and Aeroga2 and Aero4 for spells.

After 50% it started to get a little crazy. Started using Ill Wind (~700-800 AoE). Used Somnial Durance (AoE sleep), followed by instant-cast Aeroga3 for ~1k with shell5 up. This combo also caused a full hate reset. At this point it went after my WHM alt and killed her, followed by me shortly after.

Seems doable by 2 people if well prepared (I was not), 3-4 people shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Unless he starts doing something even nastier after 25%, which is entirely possible.

Parsed about 40% acc against him (no sushi), Blade: Hi hit for 600-1500

No information on any of the weaknesses, etc. I just rushed out there without looking too much into it.
    Got it down to 10% with WAR MNK WHM NIN. We could have killed it, but we were a little unprepared at the end (Aeroga3 -> Durance -> Aeroga3 was unexpected, and our WAR got faceplanted early). However, we did manage to proc weakness twice. Blade: Ten proc'd it once and gave 20 blue, 10 yellow, 10 green. Asuran Fist proc'd it for 20/10/10 more.

He hit me on my gimpish NIN for ~150 dmg, Ill Wind did approx 300-400 dmg, Aeroga3 was approx 600 dmg, Aero5 was about ~400 dmg I think.

Of note on proc'ing: We all had the 'discernment' key items, and we got SEVERAL messages regarding weakness. Great Sword, Staff, Katana, Club, etc. So it had multiple weakness. I do not think the weakness was changing, as it was possible for two people to WS at the same time (or nearly) and get different messages, also our messages overlapped. I even tested Blade: Ten a second time after I proc'd the first time, it did NOT re-proc.

I don't know if I'm missing anything else. It did have decent evasion, but in light of the previous post I ate sushi for the first time in years and I was eyeballing a decent number, and the Hi numbers are fairly accurate. I don't know why the Ill Wind damage varied so much? WHM had Shellra5 and Baraera up at all times. Also it casts silencga which was unexpected and annoying, and he casts -ga pretty fast, but single target was fairly slow.

Do not know if I'm missing anything.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Got it down to 10% with WAR MNK WHM NIN. We could have killed it, but we were a little unprepared at the end (Aeroga3 -> Durance -> Aeroga3 was unexpected, and our WAR got faceplanted early). However, we did manage to proc weakness twice. Blade: Ten proc'd it once and gave 20 blue, 10 yellow, 10 green. Asuran Fist proc'd it for 20/10/10 more.

He hit me on my gimpish NIN for ~150 dmg, Ill Wind did approx 300-400 dmg, Aeroga3 was approx 600 dmg, Aero5 was about ~400 dmg I think.

Of note on proc'ing: We all had the 'discernment' key items, and we got SEVERAL messages regarding weakness. Great Sword, Staff, Katana, Club, etc. So it had multiple weakness. I even tested Blade: Ten a second time after I proc'd the first time, it did NOT re-proc.

I don't know if I'm missing anything else. It did have decent evasion, but in light of the previous post I ate sushi for the first time in years and I was eyeballing a decent number, and the Hi numbers are fairly accurate. I don't know why the Ill Wind damage varied so much? WHM had Shellra5 and Baraera up at all times. Also it casts silencga which was unexpected and annoying, and he casts -ga pretty fast, but single target was fairly slow.

Do not know if I'm missing anything.

I didn't use baraera - didnt really think to. I'm not very good at dualboxing So that'll be the reason for the differences.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I also just fought the puk. 16/18 pickup, got a Silver ore from the chest, 7k exp/cruor. we only proc'd ws a few times times (Guillotine, Earth Crusher, Blade: Ei, Blade: Ten)

I hadn't traded any cells so no KIs etc.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4...0a2b0008a6.jpg
    this thing was easy as piss, just like pallid percy...we got this....
    http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4...0a2b0008a7.jpg

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

20h cooldown on getting more voidstones

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They can level up and go from being laughable to not so pretty. Just a warning. No clue what triggered.

Did the Puk in East Ronfaure, had 10ish. Was pretty easy, rediculous evasion (ate Pizza+1).

Could have been done with 6 but I would recommend a second tank, it has a hate reset move but overall wasn't too bad.

Hit normal TP gear NIN for 190-200 with berserk up. To update what was posted before, at 50% and 25% it gains a more potent triple attack.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6...0509221611.png

Alarial

Vivd Perapt of Exploration off the Gusta Worm. Procced red with Circle Blade.. during a WS the worm was using. So this is an entirely new system.

Got red/blue/grellow, but appears you can proc them all multiple times to drive up your lights.

Nothing of value from any of the chests.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Alarial View Post
    Vivd Perapt of Exploration of the Gusta Worm.
    This one is the Voidwatch version of Celerity it seems. Nice.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Maze of Shakhrami rifts:
    D-8 (first map)
    I-8 (basement)
    H-5 (basement)

All from the tahrongi side.