Thread: Bleach: Soul Resurreccion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From famitsu's review

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...mitsu_reviews/

Bleach Soul Ignition (PS3)
    7, 7, 7, 7. Over 50 hours of gameplay. Praise included the simple controls and speedy action, making the game accessible to even light users. Perhaps too simple, though, as one of the complains was that the structure is similar for many of the stages. Other reviewers complained about the use of text in the story mode and the low number of event scenes.
    50 hours sounds about right for a DW-like game.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Out in Japan now

Anyone importing or just waiting until english release? I noticed this on the gamestop page for Resurreccion

"FREE 3 episodes of Bleach anime on PlayStation Network"

Details:
    Voucher codes & instructions will be packed inside each launch game
    Requires PSN account
    Not a GameStop exclusive

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

NA version isn't that far away, and since Dual Audio is confirmed now, that's another reason not to import. Will definitely be getting this though in August.

My concern with watching those vids is that the characters won't be too varied in their attacks. Replace Ichigo's GT beams with Gin's extendo-poke and they're seemingly the same in short and long range. I dunno, guess it'd be nice to see other characters.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, and each individual's attacks seems like it'll get pretty tedious. The video showing the 1st 10min of gameplay and ichigo vs gin looks like Ichigo is using all of the exact same attacks.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

First time seeing a typical DW type game?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So this game is pretty much everything after the SS arc?

First time seeing a typical DW type game?
    Guess so. Makes me sad panda.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/29...l-resurreccin/

Red Sun Gamer Episode 1 – The First 30 Minutes Of Bleach: Soul Resurrección

Calling all Bleach (and Dynasty Warriors n’ Sengoku Basara?) fans, the guys from Red Sun Gamer, Martin & Steve, have put together a video of the first 30 minutes of Bleach: Soul Resurrección out for the PS3 – replete with game mechanics commentary and on-the-spot translation. The video highlights the story mode gameplay of the first two playable characters, Ichigo Kurosaki and Uryuu Ishida, and introduces the grid-based ability unlocking system for leveling up the huge roster of playable characters, enemy bosses included.

This is Martin and Steve’s debut collaboration video with Siliconera. More quick looks from Red Sun Gamer of other Japanese games are in the works!

Bleach: Soul Resurrección is expected to hit North America on August 2, and Europe in September. NIS America’s localized version will feature both English and Japanese voiceovers.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Still QQing at no Nel

Practically my favorite character in the anime, and she's not even fucking playable. Oh well, still looking forward to playing Dynasty Warriors Bleach.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Couldn't license the anime music? Meh.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eh.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/bl...of-bleach-ani/

Bleach: Soul Resurreccion comes with free episodes of Bleach anime
    Santa Ana, Calif. (July 19, 2011) – NIS America, Inc. is proud to announce that the initial launch of
    Bleach: Soul Resurrección will come with 3 downloadable anime episodes of BLEACH (episodes
    190‐192) from PlayStation®Network. Also, the game will support dual‐audio voices, meaning it
    will have both full English and Japanese voiceover tracks. The voiceover language can be changed
    through the options menu.
    EXCLUSIVE OFFER RESTRICTION
    To redeem the free episodes of the anime series, you must have a PlayStation®Network account.
    The voucher codes will only be offered on promo cards in the initial shipment of the game and
    must be redeemed at the PlayStation®Store by August 2, 2012. Valid in U.S. and Canada only.
    Other terms and conditions may apply – please refer to promo card for more details.
    GAME INFORMATION
    Based on the popular BLEACH animated series from VIZ Media, Bleach: Soul Resurrección depicts
    the battle between the Soul Reapers and the army of evil Arrancars that threaten the peace of
    the world.
    Bleach: Soul Resurrección gives players the sensation of single‐handedly destroying Hollows and
    Arrancars and evil spirits with lightning‐fast sword fighting action. Gamers can relive the
    experiences of various characters from the anime by closely following the original story. The
    environments are faithfully reproduced with beautiful cel‐shaded 3D models that will satisfy even
    the most devoted fans. Bleach: Soul Resurrección will give gamers an unparalleled anime action
    game experience.
    GAME FEATURES
    •21 playable characters from the hit anime BLEACH
    •Massive free‐roaming action/adventure game with beautiful anime‐inspired cel‐shaded graphics
    •Various game modes, including: Story Mode, Mission Mode, and Soul Attack (Ranking system on
    PlayStation®Network)!
    •Customizable character leveling system: unlock status enhancements and add special abilities
    through a customized "character map" for each playable character
    © Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot
    © BMP 2010
    © 2011 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    All rights reserved.
    Licensed to and Published by NIS America, Inc.
    Distributed exclusively by Index Digital Media, Inc.
    For more information on Bleach: Soul Resurrección, please visit www.nisamerica.com/bleach/.
    For more information and to view free streaming episodes of BLEACH (rated TV‐14),
    please visit Bleach.viz.com or www.VIZAnime.com
    Basically the end of Amagi filler arc into Szayel fight. Seems like a waste tbh.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Couldn't license the anime music? Meh.
    What exactly is the deal with this? They couldn't license remade tracks of the anime music for DW:G3 either. I've never heard of this before. In the Gundam games that came out for PS2 years ago they had a lot of music directly from the series'. Is this something new, unable to get licenses for anime-based games now?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    What exactly is the deal with this? They couldn't license remade tracks of the anime music for DW:G3 either. I've never heard of this before. In the Gundam games that came out for PS2 years ago they had a lot of music directly from the series'. Is this something new, unable to get licenses for anime-based games now?
    I wouldn't think they couldn't get the music from the bleach anime, I assume they just choose not to, since the OPs in anime do change quite often. I don't think any of the DBZ games ever used songs from the anime.
    As for DW gundam 3, doesn't the JP version have the original music?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/28...-out-of-japan/

How NIS America Brought Bleach: Soul Resurrección Out Of Japan
    Next Tuesday, Bleach: Soul Resurrección will arrive in North America thanks to NIS America. Since NIS America is usually tied to strategy RPGs and story centric games like Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love, I was curious why and how they picked up Bleach: Soul Resurrección, a hack-and-slash game tied to the popular anime series.

"It was actually pitched from Sony’s side," Jack Niida, producer, explained. "We worked with Sony before on Blade Dancer, that’s actually a Sony title, so we have a pretty close relationship with them. They were saying ‘hey we have a new cool title, it’s called Bleach, from the anime, it’s going to be a little different from your genre, but I think it’s going to be good.’"

NIS America’s experience working with voice actors and anime series is what sealed the deal with Sony Computer Entertainment. "We’re pretty good at distributing and localizing Japanese anime style games for voice acting and things like that, we have a connection with a lot of the voice actors. So, they we’re like – alright maybe we can work something out and make this project unique from what we usually do. It started from a pretty casual talk," Niida recollected. Like other NIS America projects, Bleach: Soul Resurrección has Japanese and English voiceovers.

Before NIS America stepped in, Sega localized a few Bleach games ending with Bleach: The 3rd Phantom, which would have fit nicely with NIS America’s usual strategy RPG lineup. Bleach: Soul Resurrección will be the first Bleach game from Sony’s Japan studio to see an overseas release.

Niida also assures fans Bleach: Soul Resurrección isn’t the same as the Bleach: Soul Ignition demo from last year. "Originally, a demo came out and a lot of the Bleach fans that played it weren’t too happy with the controls and game balance. On the Sony side, they updated the game and made it much, much better. Both the US and Japanese versions are the same, they’re both updated."

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Next week?! awww sheeit

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Release day is upon us.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't know anything of this game and only just heard of it. So its like Dynasty Warriors except with bleach? Makes me want it because I've been itching to play a DW game for a while now D:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Had some time to play this last night and I was pleasantly surprised. The game looks and plays great. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses. Zaraki was particularly fun to play. You could really get a sense of how crazy he is. That said, I have a few gripes.

The music. They really missed out here. In the story mode you're going through the Hueco Mundo arc which has a lot of epic fights with the espada, but unfortunately the music isn't anywhere as near as epic as in the show. :/

Spoiler for anyone not familiar with the Hueco Mundo arc in series:
    Spoiler: show

Each "boss fight" the opponent already starts in their ressurection form (Ulquiorra in his second form), so you really don't get that feeling of how strong these opponents should be. It's probably not a big deal, but Grimmjow and Ulquiorra releasing their weapons were pretty epic scenes imo and that's entirely lost in the game.

Those small gripes aside, the game has been a lot of fun so far and I easily lost myself for a few hours last night. The game has Story Mode, Mission Mode, and Soul Attack mode with each character having the ability to unlock upgrades as they "level up" so I think there should be quite a bit of game time here. I think if you're a fan of the series you'll likely get quite a bit of enjoyment out of the game!

edit: And even though we knew in advance that Neliel wouldn't be a playable character, it still sucks that she is absent!

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Picked this up & played thru the first couple chapters.. I like the story-line gameplay but I'm REALLY disappointed in the difficulty of the first three chapters, ESPECIALLY the Grimmjow fight. He was a fucking pushover. I had a harder time beating Uryu in the first mission. Really hoping that the next couple chapters (Rukia vs. Aaroniero & Kenpachi vs. Nnoitra?) are a better challenge.