+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enedin View Post
    Love it, apart from the B, move the pillar on it left so it lines up with the rest and it'll be profosho! And maybe put an eye on the Bahamut or something to break up all the colour.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Guess I'll try. I don't know how to make all those neat dragon-looking things on the fonts, but here goes nothing.

Spoiler: show

Yellow:

Orange:

Red:

Colors/sizes are easily changed.

And just for fun, my first concept which I gave up on:

Nice idea on the b/g, but it needs more work. Adjust the b so that it aligns perfectly with the ring. Your g is slightly tilted where it meets the ring, not sure if that's on purpose. If you use stronger colors and work on the overal composure, I think your idea might work out nicely.

Try giving the b/g a full colour or a mixing gradient that goes from north to south, instead of an outline. Full colours are stronger and therefore much more used in logos. Unless you make a thick, strong ouline in high contrast to the surroundings. Once you have boldness, strength and contrast coming from your concept it'll be much more intense.

Made the G a lot prettier, worked on the dragon's teeth a bit, adjusted some spacing and shortened the serifs on the B. Also added a light color scheme.

http://enedin.be/www/images/BGL1.png
    http://enedin.be/www/images/BGL2.png
    http://enedin.be/www/images/BGL3.png
    http://enedin.be/www/images/BGL4.png

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

I am super-impressed what what y'all are coming up with.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Made the G a lot prettier, worked on the dragon's teeth a bit, adjusted some spacing and shortened the serifs on the B. Also added a light color scheme.

http://enedin.be/www/images/BGL1.png
    That is fantastic. Love the way you did the B and G there.

Will try taking a serious stab at this tomorrow. For now you get this.

So how are we supposed to hand in our final design? A logo isn't just a logo, it involves an overall style and image, which is why I'm making a mini-redesign of the site to show more. And which is why I'm asking the question: serious attempts at this (of which I've seen quite a few in here) involve multiple images, so I'd like to know what people are voting on exactly. 1 image, or an ensemble of images showing the logo's versatility and adaptability.

Other than that, needs moar Comis Sans logos. Can never have enough of those.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So how are we supposed to hand in our final design? A logo isn't just a logo, it involves an overall style and image, which is why I'm making a mini-redesign of the site to show more. And which is why I'm asking the question: serious attempts at this (of which I've seen quite a few in here) involve multiple images, so I'd like to know what people are voting on exactly. 1 image, or an ensemble of images showing the logo's versatility and adaptability.

Other than that, needs moar Comis Sans logos. Can never have enough of those.
    We're gonna vote on each logo concept. In other words: the same logo used twice on a dark background and on a light background count as one entry.

Of course we gonna contact you if you win for the final version and probably adapt it some.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Good competition. Millionknives dropped the freshest one in my opinion. Be nice for the creators to say what program they had used to create their logo as well. If the competition is still going, I may make one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifact View Post
    Good competition. Millionknives dropped the freshest one in my opinion. Be nice for the creators to say what program they had used to create their logo as well. If the competition is still going, I may make one as well.
    I use Adobe Illustrator for this. Things like surfaces and extra effects might be added in Photoshop, but a logo has a few characteristics that encourage the use of Illustrator for logos. Are you familiar with Illustrator?

Edit: and yes, the competition is still going. Ends 10th of June. I'm happy about such contests and it's better for every party involved. We should promote these, so if you're keen on showing your work, please share.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I use Adobe Illustrator for this. Things like surfaces and extra effects might be added in Photoshop, but a logo has a few characteristics that encourage the use of Illustrator for logos. Are you familiar with Illustrator?
    I downloaded it back in the day, but honestly it is a foreign language to me. I usually just use photoshop, and if I need anything fancy I will draw and scan to my PC. I haven't created anything for a video game in a while. Thought this was pretty neat. I remember the days trying to make banners for each LS, and making the websites look appealing. The good old days.

I advise you to use a program to which you are accustomed, because you need to know as fast as possible how to do something. If most of your time goes to searching how to achieve something, you're not being very efficient with your time.

You gotta stay in touch with the programs though. It's amazing how fast you forget stuff if you don't do it regularly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh for sure. My photoshop time and patience only came because of how much time I spent on games like FFXI and Socom. It added to my experience for sure and hopefully sticks with me. I tried going to school for it, but Xavier did not offer Graphic Design like most of the other colleges I applied to did. So I guess it will just be a past time, or I will wait for another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifact View Post
    Oh for sure. My photoshop time and patience only came because of how much time I spent on games like FFXI and Socom. It added to my experience for sure and hopefully sticks with me. I tried going to school for it, but Xavier did not offer Graphic Design like most of the other colleges I applied to did. So I guess it will just be a past time, or I will wait for another opportunity.
    Graphic design is a choice which is never finished. You must always be prepared to reinvent yourself, but that's the beauty of the job.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Finally can post something for this...first logo stab in a series. Black and white primarily for all the ones ill post because thats the easiest to print. Color can be added later obviously. More to come.

http://www.tetsuosdream.com/OoBG/almace-OoBG.png

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

fuck yeah, I'm loving this contest. The 2nd image from the 2nd set looks great.

Kunkkaaaaaaa!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^ this. i'd buy a shirt with that on it lol

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There need to be shirts available with the winning logo after this is all over. Throw the proceeds towards the artist, or towards next year's server fees.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Priize Rhoop
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

God damn, these are so damn awesome. I love it. Makes me want to re-evaluate and try a new design.