Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

First goal should be NIN AF3, legs and head will be the biggest initial improvements from your current gear. Keep working to the +2 version for all 5 pieces. A bridge piece for feet would be Ballerines from Durinn (Abyssea-Vunkerl). Dust off your AF1 body as well since abyssea buffs remove the need for accuracy on most things at level 90. Your hands are good for now, Ocelot Gloves from Eccentric Eve (Abyssea-Kon) would be a side grade. Work at getting a Loki's Kaften as well in Konchat from Tural for TP/WS. Qirmiz Tathlum would be a good piece to grab for your ammo slot. to improve your haste belt look for a Bullwhip Belt off of Ovni (Abyssea-La Thiene) or a Twilight Belt from Shinryu once you have all your zone boss clears and cacture kills. Atheling Mantle from Orthrus (Abyssea-Altepa) would be an upgrade for your back slot.

For katanas shoot for a Kamome from Sobek (Abyssea-Mis) and a Hochomasamune from Ruminator (Tier 3 VNM in Abyssea-La Thiene) Also cruise the random question and whats better threads. Ninja ideal gearset comes up often that you should be able to get an idea where else you want to head to.

Sorry can't post links due to low post count.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Same deal as above, but I'm trying to gear a BLM. Haven't done any endgame besides a Dynamis run for each city, Einherjar about 4 times, and enough zone bosses in Abyssea to get Atma equips.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Bungiefan

I have a Goetia Coat, no +1 yet. Trying to figure out what gear I need for my BLM. I've had pretty much all of this since shortly after I hit 75 right before Abyssea was announced. I'm also not sure what to prep for WHM or the SAM I'm leveling to try to solo missions.

Is there any way to solo the last ACP battle?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Hey Guys,

I'm an old FFXI player and thought id give it a go again with all the recent changes. I quit back before WotG was finished so I have some of the old expansion packs. Well i Got the Vanadeil Ultimate Collection :Abyssia edition. And went to register it the old way ( Content ID > Register Expanded Services, yada yada)

But there is no option to apply a CD Key for the "Collection Packages", there are only options for the individual expansions, and add on content. I've tried the cd key that Steam gave me in every spot i can think of. And I'm really frustrated cause I've looked all over the SE's Support Page, and even made a GM call in game, none of which gave me any help at all. has anyone had experience with these "Ultimate Editions" cause I am completely stumped.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I forget exactly how it works, but aren't the new registration codes like a one shot thing for every expansion/addon?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

yeah it gave me one code for the collection.. but i don't know where to put that code so i can have access to the content

and then another code for the bonus lowbie hat

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

apply to any one expansion or addon and after registering it it will ask you "hey dude you can register this for everything press ok to do that" and then bam you're fully reg'd.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

could the fact that i already have some of the expansions be causing an error or something? Cause i did and it gave me an error

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

ok I feel dumb i must have mistyped the code or something... cause it worked this time >.< Im sorry for wasting yalls time >.<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If I can be lazy/indulgent enough I might as well use this thread to ask. I've kept up on all the new gear from mages and RDM since it's my "main", but I hardly ever use COR and I'm completely out of touch with what's good in the realm of acc/racc and all that. It might yet get to see some use though given the emphasis on staying out of range for VWNM. So any general suggestions for good level 90 COR gear that is serviceable and fairly easy to obtain? Those racc rings made from WoE mats finally came down in price some.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Same deal as above, but I'm trying to gear a BLM. Haven't done any endgame besides a Dynamis run for each city, Einherjar about 4 times, and enough zone bosses in Abyssea to get Atma equips.

I have a Goetia Coat, no +1 yet. Trying to figure out what gear I need for my BLM. I've had pretty much all of this since shortly after I hit 75 right before Abyssea was announced. I'm also not sure what to prep for WHM or the SAM I'm leveling to try to solo missions.

Inside of Abyssea your two best friends are going to be "Atma of the Beyond" and "Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity". You can nuke naked in an ice staff with those and still put out numbers that will make you guffaw. You'll also want a Varuna's +2, as well as the thunder staff for outside Abyssea. As others have said, work on the +2 set, other full time blms can chime in but you'll probably want a witchstone, and there's a bunch of easy to get rare/ex stuff floating around now.

Personally I'm holding off doing anything outside of AF3/easy side grades for my main jobs until 99 comes out myself. The exception is magian staffs/weapons, as those are very good for their respective roles.

ACP battle can't be soloed easily (yet) but you can probably shout for, people like to play around with the things on that body for different jobs.

tol

I'm starting over new I think, Is there anybody on Ragnarok that wouldn't mind if I asked a few questions every now and then?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    I'm starting over new I think, Is there anybody on Ragnarok that wouldn't mind if I asked a few questions every now and then?
    I'll team up with you too if you like. Add me on GuildWork or AIM to easily contact me, and I'll answer what I can.

it's taking me a lot of willpower not to buy the abyssea collection and reactivate since i've ran into a lot of newfound time (aka laid off)... this game sounds so fun now though ><

here are a few random questions i have...

the last time i played was july 2009 and i was in a decent end-game LS doing the normal end-game stuff. my main jobs were rdm and war -- will i be able to jump into all the new content easily?

generally, how long does it take to go from 75 to 90?

how important is money now? i used to have a lot, but i definitely wont if i reactivate.

and how much more fun do you think the game is now?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by anathema View Post
    the last time i played was july 2009 and i was in a decent end-game LS doing the normal end-game stuff. my main jobs were rdm and war -- will i be able to jump into all the new content easily?
    2009 was a bad year for FFXI. I guess that means your RDM and War are 75? Those jobs shouldn't have trouble being desirable. RDM is as good as ever, only lacking a bit in the curing department. WAR's wide range of weapon use is sought after for hitting weakness' to get loot in Abyssea.

generally, how long does it take to go from 75 to 90?
    If you have luck finding a good party, realistically you could do it in one day, it would take maybe I dunno 6 hours? In any case it's not hard.

how important is money now? i used to have a lot, but i definitely wont if i reactivate.
    Money is still very useful to have of course, just Square has shifted a lot of emphasis away from using money for endgame stuff. You don't need to pay millions for Dynamis, or much for Einherjer anymore. Nor to upgrade Salvage bodies or uncurse abjs. The vast majority of really sought after new stuff is rare/ex. The Magian Trial weapons take lots of work but cost no gil to obtain. All the AF3 sets are the same. Abyssea has so much traffic that most the dropped gear is cheap.

In that sense gil has lost a lot of its use. However you can also think of it that you have a lot more gear to spend mercing stuff if you want. If you're having a bitch of a time getting to kill some NM or getting some drop lots of people will just pay for lotting rights. Which is a nice option if you have lots of money and not much help from other players.

and how much more fun do you think the game is now?
    Abyssea is getting old, but it was definitely a well put-together endgame event. It lets you go balls to the wall with Atma buffs instead of nerfing you to piss like CoP dynamis/salvage. And it's not so hard you have to pray for luck and beg for help to make progress. It beats the hell out of colibri meriting that's for sure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I still have mixed feelings about current-state FFXI. Abyssea is nice in a lot of respects, but honestly there isn't any REAL endgame now. I'm hoping that once 99 cap comes that changes (as I'm sure it will..if not SE is stupid as hell.)

For now I plan to just get my jobs leveled, geared, and sporting some smexy TotM weapons. I will likely set personal goals for myself for my own endgame..such as soloing NMs and such.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    2009 was a bad year for FFXI. I guess that means your RDM and War are 75? Those jobs shouldn't have trouble being desirable. RDM is as good as ever, only lacking a bit in the curing department. WAR's wide range of weapon use is sought after for hitting weakness' to get loot in Abyssea.
    RDM is a poor substitute for WHM for Abyssea content. You can skate by with it in an exp party, but Cure IV just doesn't cut it on NMs. Other than Phalanxing for Cleave parties or Chainstunning (which isn't done very often inside of Abyssea), there's very little reason to take a RDM.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RDM inside Abyssea isn't un-useful. Sab+capped Slow II = easy mode. RDM can't main heal anymore but can definetly help out. Problem is that everyone forgot that RDM can do things other than cure. SCH is the new bastard child, though just because the main jobs can out perform it.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post

For a returning BLM you should look at the following:

Trial of the Magians: start to work on a Varuna and Indra staff (ideally +2). During the trials when you reach Mag Damage +3 is when you start to see improvements over HQ staves

Consider levelling SCH subjob. SCH subjob now offers stoneskin and blink as well as a lot of other goodies. You should still have /RDM.

The Teal Saio Set contains 3 solid pieces for levelling BLMs, the head, the body and the legs until you get hold of your Empyrean Artifact Armour. If you have a Morrigans Robe, don't worry about replacing it until you can get the +2 EAF Body. Teal slops do more damage than Morrigan pants (guess who found that out a week after she upgraded!).

BLMs should aim for Atma of the Beyond, Atma of the Minnikin Monstrosity, Atma of the Ultimate (synthetic), or if you happen to have killed Pandemonium Warden, Atma of Hell's Guardian. There are some synthetic atma like Ultimate which are useful which returning players may have access to already. For example Atma of the Full Moon which you get for beating Windy missions and Atma of Ambition which you get for having cleared Shantotto missions. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma

All BLMs should have all Tier 3, Tier 4, ~aga III and Ancient Magic spells for EACH element. These are used when fighting NMs and are needed to 'proc grellow' i.e. improve the drop rates of certain items from said NMs. So if you never bothered with some of the Ancient Magic spells back in the day, go and get them now.

Aside from that, you will eventually want a Hecate's Earring. This comes from Rani. You will probably also want to look into a Cognition Belt, a Goetia Chain, a Goetia Mantle and your empyrean artifact +1 and +2 sets. Other pieces of gear include a Searing Cape.

In your opinion, for someone who really enjoyed playing RDM almost full time, would it be a dissapointment to reactivate in this modern FFXI post-Abyssea world?

I'm fine with not being the best healer, but back in the days and party would love to have a RDM for anything from BCs to NMs, so now I wonder if that's still the case. See Voidwatch or Abyssea NMs

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    For a returning BLM you should look at the following:

Consider levelling SCH subjob. SCH subjob now offers stoneskin and blink as well as a lot of other goodies. You should still have /RDM.
    Out of curiosity what situations will merit using SCH sub over RDM sub?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast