BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If you're farming KS for Black Belt items, it would make more sense to farm gil and buy if you can find a seller. This goes the same for other things. Last night myself and 2 LS mates did U/O bcnm 40 so I could get Ni. 5 runs and 0 money drops. Not only was it a waste of my time but theirs as well. I could've solo farmed Dynamis for 2 hours and bought the scroll.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilia View Post

3) Doing ground tomes is in my experience the best way to get Kindred Seals and remember that these days you don't need to farm just kindred seals, the NPC in Jeuno next to Shami will trade seals for different types.
    Does Shami trade crest for kindred seals?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Does Shami trade crest for kindred seals?
    It's actually the NPC next to Shami, Shemo, and he does. That said, he exchanges seals/crests at a 3:1 ratio, so it's not especially ideal.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I checked AH and there's 204 in stock
    I don't follow. There's 204 of what in stock, and what is the problem? Are you talking about voiddust? Don't buy voiddust if you can help it, especially if you are low on gil.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    It's actually the NPC next to Shami, Shemo, and he does. That said, he exchanges seals/crests at a 3:1 ratio, so it's not especially ideal.
    Thank you. That's what I was looking for.

And majiri, whats the purpose of buying void-dust from AH?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thank you. That's what I was looking for.

And majiri, whats the purpose of buying void-dust from AH?
    If you run out of voidstones? Like me, despite having every periapt there is, I'm currently down to 4 stones with the npc, I'd rather not spend all my remaining CP/IS on voiddust, and I'm sick to death of campaigning (for AN that can be exchanged for voiddust too) at the moment.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

ZNM

Can the ZNM tiers(PW not included) be solo'd @ level 99? If not, whats the best setup?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    If you run out of voidstones? Like me, despite having every periapt there is, I'm currently down to 4 stones with the npc, I'd rather not spend all my remaining CP/IS on voiddust, and I'm sick to death of campaigning (for AN that can be exchanged for voiddust too) at the moment.
    I don't mean this like to call you lazy or anything, just advice for other people in general:

Campaign @ 99 gives insane AN, you really shouldn't need to buy them unless you're burned out on campaign or just don't care about the gil.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I don't mean this like to call you lazy or anything, just advice for other people in general:

Campaign @ 99 gives insane AN, you really shouldn't need to buy them unless you're burned out on campaign or just don't care about the gil.

If you had ANY idea of the amount of campaign I have done since I started burning through my stones... Jesus Christ, if I had sold all the voiddust I've gotten for AN, I'd probably have something like 50mil now, at least - not even remotely joking. This is the reason I'm as fed up with campaign as I currently am - I use my AN as quickly as I earn it, it really doesn't last long when you spam something like 30 Qilins a day, and then have ls voidwatch runs in the evening.

And yes I know you said you weren't calling me lazy lol, and I do agree with you that campaign for AN is the very best way of getting extra voiddust and you shouldn't buy voiddust if you can avoid it. But yeah... enough's enough, I need a campaign break!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Question about VW in general. Is it really worth it to be so involved as Mairja and others have stated they've spent 50-100m on dust for stones? I was under the impression that aside from a handful of drops, most gear is sidegrades. Am I under the wrong impression? Maybe I've lost the lust to have every single piece of top tier gear for each slot, because I just can't see spending that much gil(which equals a lot of time)for only a few pieces of gear.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Some of the gear is unquestionably better than alternatives, but none of it is mindblowing. Gun for gear for the jobs you like and don't kill yourself trying to catch'em all.

I'm to the point where I have all the gear I actually care about and now do Voidwatch for Merits so I can lazily cap the jobs I pay-cleaved to 99. Neither goal is important enough to do separately (farming the gear I don't have yet or meritting jobs I don't care about), but together they're worth doing if I'm in the mood.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm just a lootwhore.

Seriously though, some of the pieces are very good. Plus I did take my ukon to 99 (heavy metal plates). Another thing is - I actually enjoy voidwatch. When I go with my ls, I'm whm 99% of the time, and although I appreciate being seen as a good whm, I still enjoy my war and my sam lots more. And with shout groups I usually go one of those 2 jobs and I get to tamoasmash (sorry, ls joke lol) stuff.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Fair enough. I'll just spend my stones as I get them. I only have Sandy leg done so far and already got the 4% haste face so I"m content. I plan to just take VW as it comes with shouts, but not going out of my way to do it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Even if you've spent millions on voiddust and such, it's not like you don't make a lot of gil back in the form of HMP, riftcinder/dross, silver mirrors, scrolls, and synthesis materials. Plus you generally end up slightly ahead on cruor if you buy rubicund cells with cruor and don't use cobalt.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

In the new mid-june update, their gonna introduce Void nuggets.

A new key item, the "Voidcluster," will be added and will weaken Voidwalkers.

Obtainment and Usage:

Void Nuggets (tentative name) may be purchased from the NPC Ardrick in Jugner Forest (I-8).
    *Each nugget costs 100,000 gil and players may purchase up to five of them per conquest tally.
    After purchasing nuggets, players must wait for the next Conquest tally before their next nugget purchase.
    *Void Nuggets can be stacked up to 99 and cannot be traded, sold in bazaars, sent via delivery system, or sold on the auction house.
    Trade the nuggets to a Planar Rift to receive the Voidcluster key item.
    *Players may carry up to five Voidclusters at once."

Does that mean that players do not have to wait for alliance and can just purchase those nuggets and use them for completing the VWNM(bastok,sandy,windy,jeuno,etcc) without having to fight them??

I also got another question.

I just unlocked DNC to level 10 from xping outside Bastok. I wanna ask, are the camps for xping low levels still the same? Or did it change? Do you have to have a PL or can be solo'd to 30?

Celeste

You can solo to 20-30 with ease, but I'd recommend hitting up Gusgen at 20 for some level sync bullshit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

In the new mid-june update, their gonna introduce Void nuggets.

A new key item, the "Voidcluster," will be added and will weaken Voidwalkers.

Obtainment and Usage:

Void Nuggets (tentative name) may be purchased from the NPC Ardrick in Jugner Forest (I-8).
    *Each nugget costs 100,000 gil and players may purchase up to five of them per conquest tally.
    After purchasing nuggets, players must wait for the next Conquest tally before their next nugget purchase.
    *Void Nuggets can be stacked up to 99 and cannot be traded, sold in bazaars, sent via delivery system, or sold on the auction house.
    Trade the nuggets to a Planar Rift to receive the Voidcluster key item.
    *Players may carry up to five Voidclusters at once."

Does that mean that players do not have to wait for alliance and can just purchase those nuggets and use them for completing the VWNM(bastok,sandy,windy,jeuno,etcc) without having to fight them??

See the bolded part of the quote. The key item is used to weaken the nm, in what way I have no idea.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    See the bolded part of the quote. The key item is used to weaken the nm, in what way I have no idea.
    Read the test server thread. The clusters turn the mobs in pushovers, which should be useful for getting that damn fjalar clear I need.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No interest in reading the test server thread, certainly not regarding this specifically. I think SE is going way too far in babying the players dumbing down what's left of endgame content, but that's a whole other topic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hi, im in the process of going through all the old missions as a BST99/DNC and wanted to ask, is it possible to solo all the WotG missions (and needed quests) nowadays, or do you still need parties for the boss fights? Back on my old char WotG had only 2 chapters so far so i dont know much about the rest of it yet.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast