+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Terra Nova (aka Jurassic Park the TV series)

Anybody going to watch this? The concept is pretty strange I think. It could turn out to be watchable though. Steven Spielberg is executive producer and according to Wikipedia has a budget of four million dollars an episode. Here's the new preview they showed this week.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So it's like Cocoon and Pulse if Pulse still had civilization? xD

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

As long as there's a velociraptor in the first episode, it'll do good.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think I said this somewhere else but I'll say it again. It seems like one of those shows where they blow the entire SFX budget in the Pilot episode and after that everything happens off screen.

aduidarnenye

I watched the trailer the other day. What is this show about? They go into the past and live with dinosaurs? It sounds like creationist craziness. It looks pretty awful.

And isn't that the bad dude from Avatar?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Something to the effect of: OMG WE SCREWED UP THE FUTURE, GO COLONIZE THE PAST AND FIX THINGS, or along those lines, as far as I understand.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

85 million years into the future though? Why don't they just go back to election day 2004...

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seems interesting but I felt like this could just be a movie instead of a tv series.
    It just looks a tad odd to me for some reason.

Looks really interesting as I am into time travel. And I hope they explore the paradoxes of time travel rather than just surviving dinosaurs.

maybe the ending will be like "lost"

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

The future is over-populated, so they go to a time when dinosaurs roamed?! They realize there's a huge metoer thats about to wipe 'em out, right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The plot for this show makes my brain hurt.

1. Go back in time to escape a doomed earth.
    2. Repopulate
    3. Ruin earth again
    4. Future you came from never exists
    5. ?????
    6. Profit?

Seriously, does that make much sense to anyone? Or am I just crazy because I'm expecting too much from Television?

On another note. I would much rather watch a show about the Blade Runner-esque looking future ruined earth they have made for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    The future is over-populated, so they go to a time when dinosaurs roamed?! They realize there's a huge metoer thats about to wipe 'em out, right?

You know this was my first thought and then I realized that dinosaurs were around for a loooooooooooooong time before any of those extinction events happened. They could go back a million years before a meteor ever hit earth and they'd never have to worry about it.

But there are still issues with fucking around with the timeline. Its just dumb.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

There's different theories on time travel, but the only two things I'll point out is that going so far in the past might not affect them as much in the future as say going back 100 years instead; after all unless we evolved from dinosaurs I think we're pretty safe. Second point is even if it did, some time travel theories have it that even if you change the future through your past actions, because you are now in the past and not the future it doesn't effect you at all.

But in the end trying to make sense of time travel is just stupid. Just sit back, and enjoy the show/trainwreck.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    I think I said this somewhere else but I'll say it again. It seems like one of those shows where they blow the entire SFX budget in the Pilot episode and after that everything happens off screen.
    Totally agree. Looked like an overpriced tv show. Also it's about dinosaurs and no one cares about them anymore. I still don't know why SE doesn't attempt to make a FFVI as it has a lot of character development.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    There's different theories on time travel, but the only two things I'll point out is that going so far in the past might not affect them as much in the future as say going back 100 years instead; after all unless we evolved from dinosaurs I think we're pretty safe. Second point is even if it did, some time travel theories have it that even if you change the future through your past actions, because you are now in the past and not the future it doesn't effect you at all.

But in the end trying to make sense of time travel is just stupid. Just sit back, and enjoy the show/trainwreck.
    Well, it really depends on how you look at it. If you go back in time, you won't be able to change anything that would result in you not being there, but everything else would be fine. So I suppose that, technically, it would create a kind of alternate timeline so that the original world remains the same... or something. Until someone actually invents time travel we'll never know; and even then, we probably won't as people won't remember what was changed.

I suppose people not remembering what was changed means that the future can't ever be changed though, no? As the current present is the only one they'll remember either way.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They won't remember it being changed, but the "truth" is that it did change. If the people in the past went back to the future, they'd know it changed because of their perspective.

Unless they bring alternate universes into it, then I just give up.

Premiers tonight I believe, anyone see it yet?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty good.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Totally agree. Looked like an overpriced tv show. Also it's about dinosaurs and no one cares about them anymore. I still don't know why SE doesn't attempt to make a FFVI as it has a lot of character development.
    Sacrilege! Everyone loves dinosaurs. I don't want to live in a world where we have given up on the creation of the brontosaurus burger.

Looks like one of those plots where it all revolves around the writers trying to make us care about some really stupid white people.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Very meh. It does have a huge plus in my eyes though. I love Allison Miller from watching Kings. She's super cute to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast