+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 160
  1. #1
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,796
    BG Level
    7

    Terra Nova (aka Jurassic Park the TV series)

    Anybody going to watch this? The concept is pretty strange I think. It could turn out to be watchable though. Steven Spielberg is executive producer and according to Wikipedia has a budget of four million dollars an episode. Here's the new preview they showed this week.


  2. #2
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    30,376
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    So it's like Cocoon and Pulse if Pulse still had civilization? xD

  3. #3
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    20,726
    BG Level
    10

    As long as there's a velociraptor in the first episode, it'll do good.

  4. #4
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,380
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I think I said this somewhere else but I'll say it again. It seems like one of those shows where they blow the entire SFX budget in the Pilot episode and after that everything happens off screen.

  5. #5
    aduidarnenye
    Guest

    I watched the trailer the other day. What is this show about? They go into the past and live with dinosaurs? It sounds like creationist craziness. It looks pretty awful.

    And isn't that the bad dude from Avatar?

  6. #6
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18,543
    BG Level
    9

    Something to the effect of: OMG WE SCREWED UP THE FUTURE, GO COLONIZE THE PAST AND FIX THINGS, or along those lines, as far as I understand.

  7. #7
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    20,726
    BG Level
    10

    85 million years into the future though? Why don't they just go back to election day 2004...

  8. #8
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,151
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Seems interesting but I felt like this could just be a movie instead of a tv series.
    It just looks a tad odd to me for some reason.

  9. #9

    Looks really interesting as I am into time travel. And I hope they explore the paradoxes of time travel rather than just surviving dinosaurs.

  10. #10

    maybe the ending will be like "lost"

  11. #11
    Another Islam Thread
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    736
    BG Level
    5

    The future is over-populated, so they go to a time when dinosaurs roamed?! They realize there's a huge metoer thats about to wipe 'em out, right?

  12. #12
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    950
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    The plot for this show makes my brain hurt.

    1. Go back in time to escape a doomed earth.
    2. Repopulate
    3. Ruin earth again
    4. Future you came from never exists
    5. ?????
    6. Profit?

    Seriously, does that make much sense to anyone? Or am I just crazy because I'm expecting too much from Television?



    On another note. I would much rather watch a show about the Blade Runner-esque looking future ruined earth they have made for themselves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    The future is over-populated, so they go to a time when dinosaurs roamed?! They realize there's a huge metoer thats about to wipe 'em out, right?

    You know this was my first thought and then I realized that dinosaurs were around for a loooooooooooooong time before any of those extinction events happened. They could go back a million years before a meteor ever hit earth and they'd never have to worry about it.

    But there are still issues with fucking around with the timeline. Its just dumb.

  13. #13
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    20,726
    BG Level
    10

    There's different theories on time travel, but the only two things I'll point out is that going so far in the past might not affect them as much in the future as say going back 100 years instead; after all unless we evolved from dinosaurs I think we're pretty safe. Second point is even if it did, some time travel theories have it that even if you change the future through your past actions, because you are now in the past and not the future it doesn't effect you at all.

    But in the end trying to make sense of time travel is just stupid. Just sit back, and enjoy the show/trainwreck.

  14. #14
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,765
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    I think I said this somewhere else but I'll say it again. It seems like one of those shows where they blow the entire SFX budget in the Pilot episode and after that everything happens off screen.
    Totally agree. Looked like an overpriced tv show. Also it's about dinosaurs and no one cares about them anymore. I still don't know why SE doesn't attempt to make a FFVI as it has a lot of character development.

  15. #15
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,247
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    There's different theories on time travel, but the only two things I'll point out is that going so far in the past might not affect them as much in the future as say going back 100 years instead; after all unless we evolved from dinosaurs I think we're pretty safe. Second point is even if it did, some time travel theories have it that even if you change the future through your past actions, because you are now in the past and not the future it doesn't effect you at all.

    But in the end trying to make sense of time travel is just stupid. Just sit back, and enjoy the show/trainwreck.
    Well, it really depends on how you look at it. If you go back in time, you won't be able to change anything that would result in you not being there, but everything else would be fine. So I suppose that, technically, it would create a kind of alternate timeline so that the original world remains the same... or something. Until someone actually invents time travel we'll never know; and even then, we probably won't as people won't remember what was changed.

    I suppose people not remembering what was changed means that the future can't ever be changed though, no? As the current present is the only one they'll remember either way.

  16. #16
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    20,726
    BG Level
    10

    They won't remember it being changed, but the "truth" is that it did change. If the people in the past went back to the future, they'd know it changed because of their perspective.

    Unless they bring alternate universes into it, then I just give up.

  17. #17

    Premiers tonight I believe, anyone see it yet?

  18. #18
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,047
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Pretty good.

  19. #19
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,694
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Totally agree. Looked like an overpriced tv show. Also it's about dinosaurs and no one cares about them anymore. I still don't know why SE doesn't attempt to make a FFVI as it has a lot of character development.
    Sacrilege! Everyone loves dinosaurs. I don't want to live in a world where we have given up on the creation of the brontosaurus burger.

    Looks like one of those plots where it all revolves around the writers trying to make us care about some really stupid white people.

  20. #20
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,882
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Very meh. It does have a huge plus in my eyes though. I love Allison Miller from watching Kings. She's super cute to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. King of the hill series finale
    By Insanecyclone in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2010-05-22, 07:43
  2. New TV Series' to Avoid
    By Kaslo in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2009-07-20, 05:06