+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Localization confirmed in Type 0's Ultimania interview. Don't think they've mentioned the console though.
    At the least probably PS Network for PSP + Vita (UMD is questionable, especially if it comes out after PS Vita).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_Cake View Post
    At the least probably PS Network for PSP + Vita (UMD is questionable, especially if it comes out after PS Vita).
    I'm not sure SE wants to go with a digital only release. Type 0 is a pretty big deal and having no presence in stores wouldn't be a good idea imo.
    Then again a UMD release isn't exactly a good idea either considering the huge amount of piracy involved.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

UMD or no UMD, it'll be pirated instantly.

Yeah the major concern of UMD is the cost.

Not sure about PS Network but for Steam at least you apparently get 70% or so from sales compared to 40% from retailer (well something close I vaguely remembered). Plus you have to factor in the cost of producing the UMDs and shipping while digital release is much more cheaper.

Also PSP games have been doing poorly outside of Japan. Even games like MGS Peace Walker didn't sell so well; getting more out of every sale is more important than usual (if they want to break even).

Finally for store presence - I'm not sure how much it will help especially if they release it after Vita release.

Though if they did release it for the Vita in stores then I could see it doing better than a UMD release. FF Type-0 isn't well known outside of the FF fan base so that means if they release it for the PSP UMD it might go under the radar for most people.

However if they do it as a launch title or near launch title for Vita then it could do really well.

The question is if SE can do it or not.

In any case it will probably be at least digital download for both PSP and Vita.

Edit - Though one thing is SE does want to build FF Type-0 into another series. That means they could want the game to be more well known regardless of the costs. It would be worth it to tank money on one game if that means the game series as a whole gets more well known.

So taking the above into account I could see Vita release > UMD release > Network release only. Vita release (if they can manage) will probably earn a bigger presence than UMD since more people are looking out for new Vita titles rather than PSP.

Edit2 - Taking into account the mixed reception for FF13 and the not so great for FF14, I could see the above even more likely because SE did say they want to restore their brand image. FF Type-0 reception has been positive so far so I could see them not minding the costs to: 1. Get out the fact that there is now an almost universally positive received FF game. 2. Increase brand awareness of the Type-0 series.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If they can bring MGS: Peace Walker to PS3, they should probably do the same for NA release. I can barely find any PSP games at my Walmart, and they've thrown in the PSP games right next to the PS2 games at my local gamestop, there's pretty much zero visibility and they'd probably benefit from a PSN/PS3 aided release.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, PS3 or Vita release are their best bets. The only problem I see is that the Japanese fanbase would be pissed off if it released as an HD port on either console and rightfully so. They should've just delayed the game and release it at Vita's launch.

New Odin
    BG Level

I'm not so sure about that, depending on when it happens. If they release the HD port somewhere after Q2 2012 I can't see why JP's would bitch. It can't be that they didn't see FF Type-0 Ultra Final Mix JP EDISHUN being released. This time it is simply the global edition because of the delay.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The JP always get a JP-onry "International" Edition afterwards with all of the bonus things and more, anyway. Kind of like releasing a "Universal" edition of something that only Martians can buy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Type-0 2 might be in development

The PSP rpg Final Fantasy Type-0 has been out in Japan for nearly a year now.

Although Square Enix remains mum on the possibility of the game releasing overseas, recent comments made by the director Hajime Tabata, during the PlayStation Japan during a Creator Interview for the PlayStation Awards 2012 may hint at an additional Type-0 installment.

“Type-0 signifies the first step of the direction I would like to take the new FF I am creating here on to.”
    Additionally, Tabata expressed his interest in developing for the PlayStation Vita. Stating that “no other hardware other than the PS Vita can produce graphics with that degree of high density, high luminosity and high quality.”

Since I had gone into making Type-0 hoping to eventually bring a real FF title to the smartphone game devices, I couldn’t make something like that now, but in the future, if granted the opportunity, I’d like to make a game for the PS Vita as well.
    http://thesilentchief.com/2012/10/03...-fantasy-game/
    http://ps-awards.jp.playstation.com/creator03.php
    http://www.rantgaming.com/2012/10/03...pYMRRSzJM2r.99

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hate to bump this thread without some sort of absolute confirmation, but the Type-0 director mentioned in an interview that, while Square-Enix is stepping back from making a definitive decision on the matter for now, they "feel strongly" that they should eventually localize Type-0 to North America/Europe.

Will FF Type-0 be localized for North America and Europe? If so, when?

Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away.
    [Gamespot link removed]

Consider your hopes up'd.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More "ifs"...
    Why do I have the feeling that Bravely Default is gonna suffer the same fate?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Time to move to Japan and learn moonrunes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they're possibly making a follow-up, they might as well bundle in the original with it and release a 2-pack for Vita. That'd be great bang for your buck.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Or do like Tales of Xillia release 1 on NA when 2 hit the JP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems like there are "news" coming from a fansite dedicated to the localization of Type 0 in 1-2 hours. Don't get your hopes up though as it could be anything.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

LOL IT'S OLD NEWS.

grats on the free hits, operation-suzaku.com

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I know that every time this thread gets bumped and there's no news about a western release a demon gets his horns. However, the fan translation has finally hit beta testing phase and has a close chance of coming out hopefully.

Source: http://www.skybladecloud.net/type-0-beta-testing-stage/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Revv up that PPSSPP, guys!

Please let this be a thing. I want it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sweet, first VC3 and now this. This would be great to have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast