+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Even more reasons to hate SE and not give a damn about the RPGs they make anymore.

They're forced to make the PS4 version work with Remote Play anyway. So they just choose to ignore the Vita, stating things like a bad screen size... Yeah, ok.

Do they not understand how fucking well Crisis Core and BbS sold on the PSP? And that MOST hardcore jRPG fans have portables these days? Instead, SE continues to ignore the Vita (FFX/X2 doesn't count) and fails to capture a market that's obviously begging for product.

Glad I played the hell out of the PSP version. Great game. Especially for a portable system--that's where it shines and I think it'll be a little lackluster on a console.

And not only did those two games sell well, but they sold well in the face of the rampant pirating that the PSP had to deal with nearly its whole lifecycle.

Square's just as bad as Nintendo in adjusting to change. They're too big, and it's killing them from the inside.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's because glorious Nippon knows best and they don't care for evidence to the contrary.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Haha, they are adding lower difficulties because "glorious" nips thought the game was "too hard."
    Are you serious? The game is honestly quite easy if you actually use the mechanics instead of spamming. Instead of letting players git gud, they are just going to make it even easier? C'maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Also, I agree with Geno.
    Aside from improved controls (which the vita's second stick could have resolved anyway), I think this game will lose out by going to the big screen... especially with no extra content suited for its console debut.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's what had me on the fence about finishing (well really starting) the PSP version and waiting on the PS4 one. If they were going to add a bunch of new content, then I'd wait, but yeah.

From the few minutes I played of it, my reaction was "..This is the best FF game released in years. And we didn't fucking get it."

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is "bad screen size" really one of their reasons for not making a Vita port even though the original game is on PSP? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Is "bad screen size" really one of their reasons for not making a Vita port even though the original game is on PSP? lol.
    Just a shitty excuse. Multiplayer on the Vita would've been great, and the controls would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Haha, they are adding lower difficulties because "glorious" nips thought the game was "too hard."
    Are you serious? The game is honestly quite easy if you actually use the mechanics instead of spamming. Instead of letting players git gud, they are just going to make it even easier? C'maaaaaaaaaaaan.
    The hardest part of type-0 is honestly keeping the AI alive cause they dumb. With all the items and magic you get I'd be surprised if you couldn't clear NG (which has absolutely no danger in it).

Kill sight makes things stupidly easy anyway. I think I wiped a few random times trying to pull off SOs, but learned each time and succeeded the next attempt.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PSP version will become free-2-play for PS+ Members in Japan
    In Japan, Sony had a program called UMD Passport where users could get discounted digital versions of PSP games so they could play them on Vita. Starting on September 17 and until the end of the year, the entire UMD Passport catalog will be available as Free Play games for PlayStation Plus members.

This gives Vita owners access to 250 games including Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Final Fantasy Type-0, Ys Seven, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01...e-play-titles/

blax n gunz
    BG Level

ignoldemort portugal has 25 minutes of offscreen gameplay if you want to go dig it up. It looks really really good.

BG Level

its gone

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Well if there's a reliable host for 998MB of mp4 data I can rehost it...or we can wait for someone else to pop it on youtube this weekend.

Some gifs have trickled out

http://a.pomf.se/wdhfwk.gif

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice, it does look good.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Now rehosted on youtube, watch it before SE comes down with that C+D

More gifs for when the inevitable happens

http://giant.gfycat.com/Uncomfortabl...ostortoise.gif
    http://giant.gfycat.com/PerfumedCharmingKiskadee.gif

BG Level

in my cache and downloading to check later!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I was really hoping for $40 since it is a remake of a 3 year old game. >.> Oh well.

Definitely worth the $60 though if you haven't already played it, or don't have access to a PSP for ~50-60 hours.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

$60 for a three year old PSP port does seem a bit money grubby, but from what I saw from the PSP release and now the GIFs and (2 minutes of) footage, I can see it being worth it.