Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, you don't get anything for beating the golem in chapter 2? <.<; Talk about a waste of 1 hour.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

haha, i made that same mistake for a while..you're supposed to run from it, you kill one later in that mission with ifrit

i'd nearly killed it when i realized the moogle telling me to leave

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Man I just did chapter six and I'm digging this game a lot. Very dark story. Very fun combat.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Camera starting to give me a headache lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    haha, i made that same mistake for a while..you're supposed to run from it, you kill one later in that mission with ifrit

i'd nearly killed it when i realized the moogle telling me to leave
    Well yeah I ignored that moogle for a full hour. I figured they'd probably give me an item for beating it, like how you get an item for beating behemoth on the first encounter in xiv, and did a run dedicated to killing him.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Purchased a ps4 and this today, have only put about an hour into the game but the camera is incredibly annoying to handle. The game seems pretty fun otherwise

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

lol, doing the chapter 2 place for like the sixth time and I just now found that place where they give you the summoning permit. I always just attacked the gate that spawns the golem and then ran through that way.

Oh wow there's even a second golem in this place. What the hell did I miss. And I wonder if I should waste another forever trying to kill it. There were 2 items on the floor that I couldn't pick up-- that weren't there when I went back after I turned off the security system. Looks like I spent all my time killing the wrong golem? :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

An hour? Were you not hitting break sights?
    There's only one enemy in the game (that I can recall) that should take a while to kill and even he doesn't take an hour!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Zero to two damage on normal hits and about 500 if I hit the golem during breaksights, and it has like 4 bars of hp. (And that 500hp breaksight would be about 1/20th of one bar at most. Probably less.)

Did you guys fight different golems or something? ._.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    An hour? Were you not hitting break sights?
    There's only one enemy in the game (that I can recall) that should take a while to kill and even he doesn't take an hour!
    It's the "???" golem for the channelgate in chapter 2. I didn't even know you could really kill it.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I think Machina might be one of the few characters I genuinely hate, guy whines too much, and was made wayy too obvious later in the story.

Also, pity party for most of his screen time. On chapter 7 now, story is p. damn good but I often find myself pretending he doesn't exist in most cases.

Finding Cater to be my main/favorite. Avoid magic leveled to max is just fucking broken when you killsight everything and carry a few ethers. Was dicking around in training and I think I killed a good 300 of them just killsighting and regenerating everything back from phantoma. I got bored and let them beat me to death after a while. I find her pace to be perfect for most killsights. Bullets are quick on standard attacks and there are 3 levels of them, each of which travel at their own pace, allowing me to control the pace of anything I shoot at essentially.

Game just seems super ranged friendly in general. Of each one I've tried, she just felt the best. I want to love King/Trey/Ace but they feel clumsy in comparison. Trey is a close second, though if only because his max-charge does ridiculous damage and he's somewhat capable of what Cater is when it comes to killsights, just slower.

Think for the second time around I'll try more melee focused. Playing around with Eight and a team that can support him sounds really fun. I love the way he plays so far.

BG Level

How are you guys handling you're free time?

Usually i'm trying to do

1 ) Every ! sign and Task that doesn't require leaving the town
    2) If i have enough time before mission time, I try to note every task that requires me leaving town but does not requires the mission active (like gathering items when you kill mobs)
    3) Take the task that seems to easiest to complete that you need to have on asap (like kill 6 mobs)
    4) Go outside and do #3 task then #2 tasks and then skip time ifi have more time when i come back

also what are Trials? I saw NPC propose them to me, but it said i didn't had enough time left

Keep in mind that on the 2nd playthrough you get a LOT more freetime by virtue of the ! conversations/events not taking up any more time. In that sense, the only thing I strive to do is talk to everyone.

If trials are what I think they are they're basically extra missions that are a higher level (intended for 2nd playthrough+). They give good rewards generally and provide some extra story/character/world building shit. You can do them on your first playthrough if you know what's up but generally you should leave it for later.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, tasks that require killing any mobs or killsights on any mobs can be done in arena so you don't have to use six hours.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Keep in mind that on the 2nd playthrough you get a LOT more freetime by virtue of the ! conversations/events not taking up any more time.
    Is that only for ones you viewed? Sounds awesome though. I try to do as much as I can with the free time like starting with npc events -> sidequest that require completion on the world map -> npc dialogue. If I don't need the world map i'll use the arena or i'll replay missions for bonus SPP farming. I also love how quick and easy chocobo breeding is done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Is that only for ones you viewed? Sounds awesome though. I try to do as much as I can with the free time like starting with npc events -> sidequest that require completion on the world map -> npc dialogue. If I don't need the world map i'll use the arena or i'll replay missions for bonus SPP farming. I also love how quick and easy chocobo breeding is done here.
    Yeah it's only the ones you've done, so if there are any that you missed they will take time on a 2nd playthrough iirc. In terms of ! talk I usually prioritize class 0, their helpers/unique NPCs (like the ones who can potentially join class 0) then whatever.

Also try to keep track of who gets drugged/examined by the doctor. Figuring out who has yet to see him if you do it randomly is a nightmare.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sice is bae but I always make it a habit to use scythe characters. Also one of the few video game character I've ever played that seriously made me go "Holy shit she's a huge bitch." Dat sarcasm is on a scale I've never seen written. lol

BG Level

I always see Lightning's face when i see Seven

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I always see Lightning's face when i see Seven
    I just refer to her as white haired lightning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    I just refer to her as white haired lightning.
    WHITE LIGHTNING!

Holyshitamazing, that Class Zero introduction during the opening sequence. Heartbreaking seeing a dying Chocobo like that, but damn if they aren't as loyal as a good dog.

Is it worth going after as high a rank as possible during missions? I got a D on the first mission I think but kind of plodded through it. I am playing on intermediate, because even for me seeing enemy level +30 on Agito seemed a bit too difficult for a first playthrough. I keep getting break sights on Ace, but by the time he attacks with his cards its back to a blue cursor.

Is the guide worth it? Are there a lot of missables or important side quests you might not be aware of in a initial playthrough?

How is it that 2 sidestories (Tactics and now Type-0) seem like the best FF titles of their respective generations?