+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    and the traveler
    BG Level

the trash that is KH 358/2 Days is nothing like type-0. if anything, its more like birth by sleep mixed in with elements of MGS

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    the trash that is KH 358/2 Days is nothing like type-0. if anything, its more like birth by sleep mixed in with elements of MGS
    This, I thought 358/2 Days was fucking terrible and the type-0 demo was pretty fun, wouldn't compare them at all... I do think type-0 is pretty average at best in terms of gameplay, but it was at least enjoyable, far more than I can say for 358/2 Days.

I find them to be extremely similiar from the looks of it instead. Both are SE mission-based action-RPGs with a large cast of playable characters, each of them having their own weapon and special attack.

The only problem with KH: Days was that it went out on the worst possible gaming system, but the game itself had no problems at all.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/25...th-this-group/

The Final Fantasy Type-0 Team Recommend Starting The Game With This Group
    Dengeki PlayStation has a blowout on Final Fantasy Type-0 including tips from the staff on which characters to start playing as. The development team recommends Ace, Queen, and Nine because they are easy to use.

Ace, the team explains, was designed for beginners. The card throwing character has close range and long distance attacks plus good evasion. Don’t let her dignified look fool you, Queen is a killing machine with magic and weapons. She has a fencing style where she stabs enemies, which is actually faster than the demo. Nine focuses on power over speed and can deal lots of critical hits.

Once you get a hang of the game switch to Machina, Cinque, and Deuce, the team suggests. The switch may be difficult at first, but this party is interesting to play. Machina has powerful magic attacks and using his dual rapiers one combo can deal more than ten hits. His moves have been fine tuned since the demo to make connecting combos easier. Cinque is tough to use because her attack rate is slow, but she can force her way through enemy lines as long as another character is around to cure her. Deuce can help out here because she starts out as a support character. Later in the game, Deuce is a power attacker. The team says her flute is the arguably the strongest attack from Class Zero since sound ignores magic armor and directly damages enemies. Jack is also recommended because he can counterattack.

In the interview, Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase notes they announced Final Fantasy Type-0 five years ago (originally as a mobile phone game), but Hajime Tabata, director, says development was only three and a half years since he was working on another game, presumably The 3rd Birthday. The game was further changed after they released the demo. Tabata notes the big differences are the camera and Phantoma absorption. You can absorb multiple Phantom at once in the final game.

Death is a major theme in Final Fantasy Type-0. Crystals make people forget those that died so the concept of grieving after losing someone is not understood in this world. Tabata believes the game will make players detest death. Tabata also explained the world concept where young people were caught in the middle of countries at war came first. They added the mythology form the Fabula Nova Crystallis part afterwards with the importance of life message to create the story for Final Fantasy Type-0.

To see the full picture, you’ll have to play Final Fantasy Type-0 twice. Tabata says the first play through sets up the world and main plot. In the second run, you’ll get to know Class Zero better by playing through different missions. Players retain their levels when restarting the game plus get an item that rewinds time. Tabata also mentions the game has a secret ending, but wouldn’t reveal how players could unlock it.

Another tidbit Dengeki PlayStation reveals is Final Fantasy Type-0 has an odd disc swapping system. Disc one has the first chapter, a prologue, and the last dungeon. All of the other content is on disc two. Tabata explains to players don’t feel as if the first disc is light on content and the second disc is used for multiplayer. Usually, players will carry this around.

Just a few more days until Final Fantasy Type-0 comes out. Japan gets the game on Thursday.

Two UMDs make me excited that the game is potentially lengthy (though it will be definitely be a download for me [if the game comes out overseas] because who likes swapping discs?).

I assume that since the first disc has only the beginning and ending parts that they're mainly prerendered cutscenes (with lots of voice acting) or something. FF8 for example had to cut towns in disc 4 because the ending cutscene took up most of the space in the fourth disc.

Players retain their levels when restarting the game plus get an item that rewinds time. Tabata also mentions the game has a secret ending, but wouldn’t reveal how players could unlock it.
    Neat (hopefully get to keep items first). I dislike new game + where you have to start over from scratch then have to level grind or farm again.

Now they need to make new game+ mainstream for all of their games (well just as a way to easily plow through the game again but be able to view cutscenes/story with ease).

I do think type-0 is pretty average at best in terms of gameplay, but it was at least enjoyable, far more than I can say for 358/2 Days.
    As long as it's not like Crisis Core (random elements with DMV, combat is kind of repetitive since you're just doing the same attack over and over + occasionally dodging). Finally as long as the game features good battle music (music making anything from tedious to not so much) things will be okay.

I'm curious, what are the major differences between 358/2 and BBS in terms of gameplay? Haven't played either but I have played KH1 and KH2.

I do notice something I dislike in the latest trailer - Max damage is at 9999 again (in the 10+ minute trailer, a character hit for 9999). A bit off topic but I'm a bit annoyed of having to use gear (Genji Glove for FF13 for example. In FF10 it wasn't so bad since it was their weapons. FF12 had no option until the international version) to uncap the damage.

Essentially it takes up a slot for your character and gives you less options and less customization (cause it's usually most effective to always use said item).

I mean imagine if FFXI had a damage limit of 99 or something and you had to wear a ring or glove that had "Break damage limit" to break the damage limit (said equipment would have no other stats on it besides break damage limit like FF13).

I say why not just make damage/hp uncapped to begin with >.>?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Full opening

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll look for alt mu links for now. Temporary unavailable since everyone is trying to dl them at the same time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Love that opening sequence, I really hope the Final fantasy: Type-.. games turn out to be sort of a more mature-themed series (more grounded, rather than the usual FF trip of 3-8 gods roaming around slaying anything and defying the creators of infinity or whatever). I'm sure this one is filled with the usual FF-esque fluff that I enjoy, but in a way it's kind of refreshing to...see a chocobo die...

I feel like I'm a bad person and I haven't explained myself very well, so I'm going to just leave it at 'I liked it'.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@crab_cake

If you played the demo, you'd know that you have to change your style up a lot, if you get hit, you get hit for a lot. There's no annoying stuff like the DMW, and the different characters spice up the battle gameplay a lot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Anyone have a save file with all the summer outfits from demo? Never played it, and don't want to keep going if they're not in the real game.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Anyone have a save file with all the summer outfits from demo? Never played it, and don't want to keep going if they're not in the real game.
    Yeah I'd like this too, share the love if you stumble across one. I'm not really in a hurry to get started on this either way so gonna be a bit before I bother downloading it anyway.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

http://www.mediafire.com/?smp9rutep0nswoh
    Found this, haven't tested it yet though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ugh, last part wants to go below 100kbs almost always. Every other part dl'd fast

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    @crab_cake

If you played the demo, you'd know that you have to change your style up a lot, if you get hit, you get hit for a lot. There's no annoying stuff like the DMW, and the different characters spice up the battle gameplay a lot.
    Yep I have (well for the first mission then I decided I'll wait if/when it really comes out). One thing I like is that you can use summons as much as you have characters apparently (maybe not in the same area but I manage to summon twice in the same mission).

As for the comment I meant "and as long as" (adding onto the 358/2 comment about 358/2's gameplay being boring) but whoops (there's no and). Finally I meant it in general for future games too (that is SE should never do the whole everything being random thing again).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Data install can be either 554MB or 865MB.

also the tutorial was awesome

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Any real torrent out there for this? Still lots of crap floating around.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by takethistoyourgrave View Post
    Any real torrent out there for this? Still lots of crap floating around.
    It's on Blackcats if you have an account.

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Love that opening sequence, I really hope the Final fantasy: Type-.. games turn out to be sort of a more mature-themed series (more grounded, rather than the usual FF trip of 3-8 gods roaming around slaying anything and defying the creators of infinity or whatever). I'm sure this one is filled with the usual FF-esque fluff that I enjoy, but in a way it's kind of refreshing to...see a chocobo die...

I feel like I'm a bad person and I haven't explained myself very well, so I'm going to just leave it at 'I liked it'.
    Gonna ditto. For the most part, FF games have basically been Disney fantasy in the RPG world, and while they'll refer to death, murder, or whatever, it's usually with the kid's gloves on. Just seeing a bloody guy hobbling around, and one of the franchise mascots being killed is a bit of a departure. Makes me sad I don't have a PSP, and for now, I guess an uncertainty if this would even be translated here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast