Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Are we reasonably sure this is coming stateside, or is it more of a hope at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Are we reasonably sure this is coming stateside, or is it more of a hope at this point?
    They haven't announced anything. The only hint is that they said the market for PSP games have been poor lately but they're still looking into it.

Take note for other PSP games (Dissidia, Crisis Core, etc) they did not announce the overseas versions until after JP release. Guess we'll just wait a week or a month to see if they announce anything or not.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Gonna ditto. For the most part, FF games have basically been Disney fantasy in the RPG world, and while they'll refer to death, murder, or whatever, it's usually with the kid's gloves on. Just seeing a bloody guy hobbling around, and one of the franchise mascots being killed is a bit of a departure. Makes me sad I don't have a PSP, and for now, I guess an uncertainty if this would even be translated here.
    Technically chocobos have been killed before (FF Tactics, FF12, maybe FF10-2 too also?).

Anyway I don't really see a big deal for the it being more violent thing or not. Unless they do something like say (for example) MGS3, MGSPO, or MGS Peace Walker (where they made a big deal out of people getting killed) then I don't see the big deal with the game being bloody or not (I'd mention the other MGS too but the prequels focused on it way more).

I mean in either case your main characters are killing non-stop with no worries or no cares for anything anyway >.>. If one of your characters get killed (bloody or no blood [Aerith for example which was bloodless]) people care but if the enemies get it (bloody or not) no one cares.

Of course we'll have to see how the story goes but anyway those are my thoughts on why I don't see a big deal with it being violent or not. Doesn't really change much (at least for me).

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Haven't gotten started myself, but for anyone playing this seems pretty handy:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...er=true&gid=23
    Edit: Also people working on a translation patch:
    http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/view...p?f=39&t=30236
    Essentially nothing thus far, but gonna keep an eye on it.

Well, deaths of things hold greater meaning if we're given some attachment to it. Fodder mobs are typically inconsequential because they're basically the red shirt ensigns of RPGs, just minor stepping stones or battle system necessities for stat building. Looking back at FF7, I can't say my reaction to Aeris dying was memorable. Sure, the plot threw her at us and some adventuring was had, but maybe the tech at the time lessened the potential. Or the writing could've been better. It also didn't make me hate Sephiroth more or further the fear of his plans for the world. Yes, some of this might be a problem of me being an RPG veteran and a bit of a harsh critic when it comes to plots, but I guess what I'm trying to say is I like reality in my fantasy, both in the world adhering to the rules it sets while not being so drastically different that we, as people, can't relate physically and socially.

I wish the video could've been subbed, as I've otherwise been going by what I saw and trying to fill in the blanks. Watching a soldier basically hobble to his death alongside his noble steed certainly created an image of sympathy and set the tone for the brutality of that war. Simplistic assumption would have the main characters trying to end said war, but I've also had a bit of a beef in recent years with (pre-)teens felling adults both physically and mentally. So, while I'm willing to give some leeway for extenuating circumstances a plot offers, it has its limits. Love/Friendship should not overpower everything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Ending is up on tudou. Spoilers etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    SE said they're looking at other possibilities. Honestly I think the chances of this being released on PSP are close to 0 now.
    In a few months they may announce a Vita or PS3 version like they did with KH: Coded.

New Odin
    BG Level

I think even if it doesn't use Vita's horsepower to its fullest it should help boost its early sales. Good resolution, AA, some polish here and there (extra content? not that it needs any outside Japan).

At least it gives me an incentive to buy the machine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So my friend who's on a scholarship in Japan atm and he bought the game and is driving me crazy D; Says he didn't have so much fun with FF since 7-9. Battles are fun and engaging, 14! characters, each plays differently, lots of stuff to do/customize. He's pretty hyped right now. I just hope it lasts, and is not the first hours craze!

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I've been following developments of this game and I read over this thread and..

I can't BELIEVE no one has mentioned this yet:

http://andriasang.com/comxir/

http://andriasang.com/comynw/

Sorry. XD Someone had too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm sure lots of people have seen the ending by now (spoiled it for myself).

...Shocking, to say the least. There are at least 2 endings, not sure which one is regarded as the official ending considering how different they are. I REALLY want this damn game to come out over here, it seems so epic and the story looks really, really interesting.

If XIII-2 has endings so different, it's really going to bump up it's replayability, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I've been following developments of this game and I read over this thread and..

I can't BELIEVE no one has mentioned this yet:

http://andriasang.com/comxir/

http://andriasang.com/comynw/

Sorry. XD Someone had too.
    I'd like to see Sayoko's panties

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    I'm sure lots of people have seen the ending by now (spoiled it for myself).

...Shocking, to say the least. There are at least 2 endings, not sure which one is regarded as the official ending considering how different they are. I REALLY want this damn game to come out over here, it seems so epic and the story looks really, really interesting.

If XIII-2 has endings so different, it's really going to bump up it's replayability, that's for sure.
    Well let's not spoil things for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Well let's not spoil things for the rest of us.
    Seriously, who just assumes people spoil things for themselves?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Seriously, who just assumes people spoil things for themselves?
    Me, apparently? I guess that was wrong though.

Didn't spoil anything or make any intentions to, was just commenting that I was pretty impressed by it, personally.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I wish the video could've been subbed, as I've otherwise been going by what I saw and trying to fill in the blanks. Watching a soldier basically hobble to his death alongside his noble steed certainly created an image of sympathy and set the tone for the brutality of that war. Simplistic assumption would have the main characters trying to end said war, but I've also had a bit of a beef in recent years with (pre-)teens felling adults both physically and mentally. So, while I'm willing to give some leeway for extenuating circumstances a plot offers, it has its limits. Love/Friendship should not overpower everything.
    The video below is of something slightly different, but elements of the opening are presented. The video sets up the state of the world at the start of the game. I found the subtitles to be sufficiently accurate as well, and for those who didn't know, there is a tiny reference to the significance of the old title name, Agito.

Also, the post is a little dated, but @insanecyclone, that video from square enix says in the title that it's a special modified opening. I don't have the game myself (...yet), but it's probably a mash-up of the title credits and the actual opening, which you can sort of tell where it crosses over.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

In a recent interview posted by vandal.net, Yoshinori Kitase has given an update on other titles within the FNC universe. Provided that the translation holds; concerning Final Fantasy Type-0, Kitase has confirmed that the much awaited localization is underway! Kitase also promised that additional information on the title will be announced soon.

As for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Kitase commented that they are hard at work to complete the game. He also states that additional information will be released in the coming months. Finally Kitase mentions that now the focus of the series is on Type-0 (Localization) and Versus.
    Interesting! I'd be happy if they just released it on PSN available for PSP, Vita or Ps3 rather than a physical release.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally Kitase mentions that now the focus of the series is on Type-0 (Localization) and Versus.
    About fucking time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I like to think that the reason Versus is taking so long is because originally the game was going to be pretty linear like FFXIII, so now they're making sure they don't fuck it up to. But yea awesome that type-0 will be localized, will buy for sure day 1.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?pag...rmation!--1112

Seems like places have edited to say no localization plans?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Localization confirmed in Type 0's Ultimania interview. Don't think they've mentioned the console though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast